2015 Four Continents Ladies SP Feb 13 Seoul Time | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2015 Four Continents Ladies SP Feb 13 Seoul Time

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Korea better produce another ladies skater to contend in 2018. Park does not have the mental goods to do what it takes to be a podium contender.

Which is really sad, since she has the technical content and the musicality. :shrug:

EDIT: I agree with everything regarding Goldflation and Satoko's ridiculous TES given all of her UR's. But hey, this hasn't really been a sport since 2014, so what? :laugh:

Last edited:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I'm upset with Gracie's score as well, but if I were to come up with any excuse for her, it would be the GOE on her non jump elements. That being said, the 3 ladies behind her are no slouches in the spin department...

Gracie's combo got -1s across the boards instead of -2s and -3s it should have gotten. And her step sequence got +2s and +3s. Meanwhile Polina got the same amount of -GOE as Gracie's combo on her cleanly executed 3f and got 0s and +1s for her step sequence which I though was more difficult and better executed than Gracie. I think Rika should be in 2nd, Polina 3rd, and Gracie 4th right now. But obviously the judges think differently.

cooper

Medalist
Korea better produce another ladies skater to contend in 2018. Park does not have the mental goods to do what it takes to be a podium contender.

korea will never produce another yuna like mental strength.. and KSU should live with it..besides they're busy protecting their image in front of ISU/speedy in order to protect their beloved speed skating/short track.. and so i doubt they care.. as well as the korean public..

Last edited:

beki

Medalist
Longterm they might not care, but for a home Olympics, only one cycle after Yu Na's second medal?

silverlake22

Record Breaker
And side note: Satoko is so small compared to all the other skaters, even Zijun looks tall in comparison ><

Zijun is 165 cm, how is that short for a ladies figure skater? She's one of the taller girls out there, of course she will tower over Satoko!

cooper

Medalist
Longterm they might not care, but for a home Olympics, only one cycle after Yu Na's second medal?

because they have no chance to medal in figure skating anyway after yuna.. so why bother? besides they're too busy kissing speedy's behind for their beloved speed skating/short track.. after all there are more events and potential gold medals..

GF2445

Record Breaker
Yuna was definitely one of a kind. Though korea might not ever have someone like her (or maybe for a long time), at least it inspired many younng children so maybe somone can make it one day in this sport. You never know.

jkun

Final Flight
Why didn't SoYoun go for the 3-3 on her salchow like she usually does? I was expecting a shaking landing on the 3S to be the reason, but it was all fine for a -3T. :confused:

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
because they have no chance to medal in figure skating anyway after yuna.. so why bother? besides they're too busy kissing speedy's behind for their beloved speed skating/short track.. after all there are more events and potential gold medals..

But So Youn got 5th in both of her GP events, it does not seem like too much work to bump up to say, 3rd, if she had some mental training and perhaps an international coach. Or trained somewhere abroad. But that's another story.

Why didn't SoYoun go for the 3-3 on her salchow like she usually does? I was expecting a shaking landing on the 3S to be the reason, but it was all fine for a -3T. :confused:

Nerves. :(

Bumdid

Record Breaker
"Why didn't SoYoun go for the 3-3 on her salchow like she usually does? I was expecting a shaking landing on the 3S to be the reason, but it was all fine for a -3T. "

Nerves?

She also messed up one of her spin and she never does that before...

Last edited:

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
I think I got an adware attack from one of the streams last night. Full screen ads would pop up ( and I have ad blocker) and it was hard to get rid of them.
I managed to clean it up today and get rid of it.

Use caution when using some of these streams, I may just watch videos from now on.

aero

On the Ice
Zijun is 165 cm, how is that short for a ladies figure skater? She's one of the taller girls out there, of course she will tower over Satoko!

I hadn't realized Zijun had a growth spurt since London (very absentminded of me). Her proportions didn't change very much from then till now, even though she's a good 3-4 inches taller.
And on the topic of Gracie, I wouldn't say she was gifted immensely. Her GOE's aren't through the roof high, other than the step sequence perhaps, so I think the judges just weren't generous with GOE for the other competitors. Her PCS should be a bit lower, but she carries herself well on the ice so not that much lower.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I think I got an adware attack from one of the streams last night. Full screen ads would pop up ( and I have ad blocker) and it was hard to get rid of them.
I managed to clean it up today and get rid of it.

Use caution when using some of these streams, I may just watch videos from now on.

I don't know how you guys do it. Having to rely on those unreliable, poor quality streams (with pop-ups and malware) is like having to suffer the tortures of the damned, for me.

But if it's your only option for live coverage... well... :shrug:

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist
I don't know how you guys do it. Having to rely on those unreliable, poor quality streams (with pop-ups and malware) is like having to suffer the tortures of the damned, for me.

But if it's your only option for live coverage... well... :shrug:

I think next season I'll bite the bullet and get Ice Network.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I hadn't realized Zijun had a growth spurt since London (very absentminded of me). Her proportions didn't change very much from then till now, even though she's a good 3-4 inches taller.
And on the topic of Gracie, I wouldn't say she was gifted immensely. Her GOE's aren't through the roof high, other than the step sequence perhaps, so I think the judges just weren't generous with GOE for the other competitors. Her PCS should be a bit lower, but she carries herself well on the ice so not that much lower.

Gracie wasn't gifted immensely, no, but I think the rest of the field was judged pretty strictly. Maybe not Satoko. I would have had Polina and Rika more in the 63-65 range, Zijun more like 61-62, and Alaine around 60.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I haven't watched the ladies' event and read anything from the thread, but I guess the event wasn't desirable unlike the men's event.

Please the girls do their A-games in the FS regardless of whatever outcome they got from the SP. :cheer:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I don't mind Satoko's score overall but how the judges got there seems crazy. Her PCS should be higher but her TES much lower. The fact that they ratified her 3-3 was a gift but to give it positive GOE to be worth almost the same point value of Polina's just seems wrong. On top of that dinging Alaines 3-3 and not Satoko's just makes me cringe :mad:
Satoka is light as air on the ice but so heavy like a wet blanket in the air. Can this be fixed?
:drama: you speak my voice. I guess we all know that the TES is scored not right in this whole competition.

Last edited:

makaihime

Final Flight
Lol, Gracie looked so elegant pushing those boards. She needs to get her nerves together ASAP before Worlds. With the way things are looking for the Russian ladies, she needs to pick up the momentum or she'll get left behind in the coming years. I hope she'll at least do enough to land a silver if not gold here...I'm really rooting for this her to do well.

Satoko reminds me so much of Shoma...and vice versa. Good consistency, good artistry but looks so tiny on the ice with small jumps as well. :slink:

SoYoun fell under pressure I guess...suddenly giving me GFP Javier flashbacks :hopelessness:

Heartbroken for Gabrielle :no: And I love Zijun's layback...Gorgeous!

I hope the ladies throw it down during the FS, would be nice to see a surprise on the podium.