2015 JGP Logroño Ladies FS Oct 2 | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP Logroño Ladies FS Oct 2

witcher

Match Penalty
I'm totally confused. I thought I was watching live streaming just now, although I thought it was weird being so late. So they skated already? What happened to Sima? :drama:
Had the worst skate since 2011/12 season.
Prolly worst in her life, since she was 11yo back then.

Alba

Record Breaker
Something like three falls, several doubled jumps, and a few others she barely hung on to...oh, and a time violation.

I know you probably didn't want to hear that, but as consolation, we're all at least shocked, if not upset about it...hopelessness:

Had the worst skate since 2011/12 season.
Prolly worst in her life, since she was 11yo back then.

:cry:

I know it's hard to tell with the skate she had, from what you're telling, but how is the LP? I mean the choreography.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
:cry:

I know it's hard to tell with the skate she had, from what you're telling, but how is the LP? I mean the choreography.

I think it's nice, and this is my favorite Sima program set...

(Wait, this sounds like my thoughts on Julia last season. Which means.... um...? She'll rebound in 2016-2017?)

KINGYUZU

Spectator
Silly question's here. Alisa earned 22pt and if Higuchi becomes 1st in Croatia, both of them are 22pt. In this case, doesnt't it nessasary to count who earned higher combined scores from two JGP competitions?

samm22

On the Ice
I just looked at the scores...Sima had 4 falls!!!!!! this is interesting now...On a different not, Yuna did beautifully in the free
Edit: 3 and a time deduction

Last edited:

oleada

Record Breaker
Silly question's here. Alisa earned 22pt and if Higuchi becomes 1st in Croatia, both of them are 22pt. In this case, doesnt't it nessasary to count who earned higher combined scores from two JGP competitions?

No, because the first tiebreaker is the higher placement, so 1st & 5th beats 2nd and 4th.

I really enjoyed Alissa and Yuna today. Kudos to both girls! Alissa is so engaging and warm; and Yuna is a little dynamo. I hope Alissa can make the JGPF!

NaVi

Medalist
I like Fedichkina a lot... but I greatly prefer the LP she had last year to this one.

KINGYUZU

Spectator
Thanks! I hope Alisa makes to JGPF and Higuchi also has good chance to recover her former not so good performance.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker

(Wait, this sounds like my thoughts on Julia last season. Which means.... um...? She'll rebound in 2016-2017?)

You are crazy ... Schindler's list is much better! :biggrin:

As for Sima's LP, I don't know... i am never a fan of overwrought, grandiose statement programs because for the effect to work, credibility, legitimacy, conviction, delivery must all be at 100% to be convincing. I don't like find this approach from someone that is so young and likely not had the necessary life experience or the maturity to tackle something as grand as this.

I'd argue someone like the 22, 23 years old Artimieva may be better suited with more indepth interpretation and credibility. Just as long as we are clear it is the skating, choreography and the interpretation that is marked, and not the historical subject or the cultural significance of the music is being measured.

I am a firm believer all skaters should pursue the right program at the right time of their career, and their artistry should be an ongoing organic process of development, experimentation and even failures. I guess this falls under experimentation? I like Sima and appreciate her bravery to tackle this, but I hope she doesn't give too much pressure to herself with a program as personal as this. It isn't necessary.

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I kinda like sima's FS concept and the atmosphere she brought through her interpretation. Although it was a disastrous outing. But prefer both Sima's programs than last season. Look forward to the rest of her season.:cheer:
just read OS's post above me, I agree that the theme perhaps is a bit too much for Sima right now, but I still appreciate her effort and the atmosphere she was able to pull-off is admirable.
I dont agree to choose heavy, dark, sensitive theme just to show off you are mature, if that is the only attention.

Last edited:

witcher

Match Penalty
As for Sima's LP, I don't know... i am never a fan of overwrought, grandiose statement programs because for the effect to work, credibility, legitimacy, conviction, delivery must all be at 100% to be convincing. I don't like find this approach from someone that is so young and likely not had the necessary life experience or the maturity to tackle something as grand as this.
I have the same feeling. It's "perfect or disaster" kind of program.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I liked Sima's program...but what's going on with her jumps? They always have plenty of height but from late last season her landings have been getting more and more stuttered with less flow out. She's nearly landing at a full stop. Is this a matter of not enough speed going into them?

On a different note, what an UTTERLY BEAUTIFUL dress that Yura has got. it's my favorite swan dress of all time I think.

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
just read OS's post above me, I agree that the theme perhaps is a bit too much for Sima right now, but I still appreciate her effort and the atmosphere she was able to pull-off is admirable.
I dont agree to choose heavy, dark, sensitive theme just to show off you are mature, if that is the only attention.

I am a firm believer all skaters should pursue the right program at the right time of their career, and their artistry should be an ongoing organic process of development, experimentation and even failures. I guess this falls under experimentation? I like Sima and appreciate her bravery to tackle this, but I hope she doesn't give too much pressure to herself with a program as personal as this. It isn't necessary.

I agree with both of you but I'm selfish because I truly love Shostakovich Leningrad Symphony and I'm so happy that someone is skating to it. I'm not gonna watch her performance here though. I want to wait and see a clean skate in order to judge and appreciate the program per se.

I have the same feeling. It's "perfect or disaster" kind of program.

It always is with either a grandiose music or minimal, intimate/subtle, ones.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You go Sima!! If you want to fall a bunch of times and have a huge disaster might as well do it full on and in a big way!! I got your back girl! I love my favorites no matter what! :yes:

I'm starting to think that my fandom may be a bit of a jinx though :cry:

Last edited:

burntBREAD

Medalist
Yura has actually been quite a decent Japanese junior for a long time -- she actually has been competing with the likes of Rika Hongo and Satoko Miyahara since 2011 or so. Her issue is that she hooks almost every landing very close to the quarter turn (you can see it in the replays of her FS), so she is VERY much at the mercy at the caller.

Layback11

Record Breaker
You go Sima!! If you want to fall a bunch of times and have a huge disaster might as well do it full on and in a big way!! I got your back girl! I love my favorites no matter what! :yes:

I'm starting to think that my fandom may be a bit of a jinx though :cry:

What fandom? This one, I presume?

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I also kind of like Sima's LP, because it is very unique and it makes sense. However, her jumps never looked right, especially her landing—awkward knee bend hard landing. Strangely, the flow of her jumps look better now, but the height suffers. The best approach is probably re-learn her jumps from the start, considering she cannot even do a 2A now.

I liked Sima's program...but what's going on with her jumps? They always have plenty of height but from late last season her landings have been getting more and more stuttered with less flow out. She's nearly landing at a full stop. Is this a matter of not enough speed going into them?

On a different note, what an UTTERLY BEAUTIFUL dress that Yura has got. it's my favorite swan dress of all time I think.

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
I also kind of like Sima's LP, because it is very unique and it makes sense. However, her jumps never looked right, especially her landing—awkward knee bend hard landing. Strangely, the flow of her jumps look better now, but the height suffers. The best approach is probably re-learn her jumps from the start, considering she cannot even do a 2A now.
She has a similar issue on the 2A as lipnitskaia, although they look different above the waist: neither get a solid skid off on the takeoff, and are jumping on a straight edge rather than off the circle on a skid. Their right shoulders are too forward and it's messing up the takeoff. Eteri isn't really good at instilling good technique on the jumps, the axel in particular .