2015 JGP Logroño Mens FS Oct 3 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 JGP Logroño Mens FS Oct 3

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Will Russia still send Lazukin to Croatia, or will they send Samoilov instead? It doesn't really matter. It looks as if He Zhang with 11 points has the only real chance to get the last Final spot---if he wins, he's in. If anyone else wins, they'd have less than 26 points and the last spot would go to Vincent Zhou.

That's why I'm rooting for everyone except He Zhang!!!! :cheer2:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think he needs to change his approach (a la Timothy Goebel when he went to Frank Carroll) but I don't think Arutunian will approach the problem in that way.

That last salchow always looks so good. I hope there will be a time when he does a quad sal.

I think Nathan is already working on a quad sal. Quads seem to come easily to him which will make him a big threat in the years to come as he improves his other skills. He just needs to get that 3axel stable and techically he will be unstoppable especially in the US.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nathan had an interview with the ISU announcer where he mentioned that he was working on 'adding another element' to his FS, possibly for the Final. Presumably that element IS the quad sal. He has spoken in the past of his goal of a 3-quad FS this year.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I like the interplay between Daniel and Nathan on the podium, they are always chatting and laughing with each other. I think He Zhang felt left out, it was kind of awkward when he came to the podium and didn't shake hands with either Daniel or Nathan and they kind of looked at each other and shrugged. Then after the ceremony, He Zhang shook Nathan's hand, so all was good. And Daniel put his arm around him during some of the photos.

Is Daniel an American citizen? I know he was born in Tel Aviv but he trains in California, right? He puts his hand over his heart during the national anthem.

Layback11

Record Breaker
I like the interplay between Daniel and Nathan on the podium, they are always chatting and laughing with each other. I think He Zhang felt left out, it was kind of awkward when he came to the podium and didn't shake hands with either Daniel or Nathan and they kind of looked at each other and shrugged. Then after the ceremony, He Zhang shook Nathan's hand, so all was good. And Daniel put his arm around him during some of the photos.

Is Daniel an American citizen? I know he was born in Tel Aviv but he trains in California, right? He puts his hand over his heart during the national anthem.

I checked his Wiki and if it's accurate, he trains in Yorba Linda, which is not far from where Nathan trains (somewhere in LA, I think), so it's quite possible they know each other. Not sure.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Nathan had an interview with the ISU announcer where he mentioned that he was working on 'adding another element' to his FS, possibly for the Final. Presumably that element IS the quad sal. He has spoken in the past of his goal of a 3-quad FS this year.

It sounded to me like his main focus was on improving the presentation without in the new program. I think if he is training a quad sal, that is a good thing because he is still young enough to master it. But I also think focusing on improving the presentation in his free skate is the right approach for making that national team. He needs to be solid. And he needs to show his potential on that second mark. Have quite a bit of faith he can do it.