2015 Skate Canada Ladies Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 Skate Canada Ladies Short Program

randomfan

Record Breaker
I'm so excited! So many favourites here in this event. I'm devastated that I just realized right now that I can't watch the SP and half of the FS, so I can't watch the action live with you guys. :( But I'll always be cheering for most of the skaters here!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i wont be able to watch it live but good luck to all, especially Elizabet!! :cheer: :love:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Are there any other practice videos that have been uploaded for the Ladies? I've only been able to watch Ashley.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Last edited:

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
WHAT is the status on Polina Edmunds. She seems to be invisible this season.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Just watched Ashley's practice videos. I really like the SP. If she can get those jumps to hit it's going to be nice. I also love the changes to Moulin Rouge. She definitely wasn't lying about adding the transitions throughout the program and the changes to the choreography look like they will work well too. Again, everything falls into place for her when she rotates her jumps. That's going to be the name of the game for her.

I also like that she toned down the candy apple red hair and went for a more natural hue. She definitely won the practice fashion show IMO. I loved her outfit and she looked gorgeous!

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Yuka's SP looking good! But how DARE she skate to this music this year!?!?

Just kidding.. :slink:

I am very much in favor of the frantic, verging on delirious, movements of the step sequence. I think Mao's LP steps could do with more emotional intensity actually. Also, Yuka has great lines doesn't she? I'm looking forward to her performance... hope she brings the drama full-on :cheer:

You should see Yuka's dress for the SP. I think she actually borrowed it from Mao. It looks so similar!

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
WHAT is the status on Polina Edmunds. She seems to be invisible this season.
She's under the radar and nobody seems to be interested ... has anyone seen her in practice? I'm pretty sure that she'll do very well at SC, but not because I know that she's doing well in practice or anything ... just got the feeling. :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
Just watched Ashley's practice videos. I really like the SP. If she can get those jumps to hit it's going to be nice. I also love the changes to Moulin Rouge. She definitely wasn't lying about adding the transitions throughout the program and the changes to the choreography look like they will work well too. Again, everything falls into place for her when she rotates her jumps. That's going to be the name of the game for her.

I also like that she toned down the candy apple red hair and went for a more natural hue. She definitely won the practice fashion show IMO. I loved her outfit and she looked gorgeous!

I also loved her practice outfit!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Ashley's practice clips looked fabulous, you go girl and Kanako's smile is everything:biggrin::love::biggrin:
Love Yuka's SP too, beautiful young lady!

Icey

Record Breaker
Adam appeared to be wearing his actual costume for the SP practice???? Isn't that unusual?

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I can't believe that the only lady that did all her jumps was Elizabet. She never put a foot wrong, and hit all the jumps and combinations. She is tiny, young but fierce. She reminds me of Julia Lipniskaya when she won Skate Canada.

SunDae

Rinkside
Ashley is practicing like she means business. The judges will see the effort she put into transitions.

Polina looks stronger and more defined with her lines and movements. No longer like a delicate "fawn"

Tursynbaeva is almost impossibly tiny. Like a humming bird. When she is in the air you expect she might just not come back down if there was a strong wind. Very serious expressions and never hesitates. Does not act like a rookie during the practice sessions.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I can't believe that the only lady that did all her jumps was Elizabet. She never put a foot wrong, and hit all the jumps and combinations. She is tiny, young but fierce. She reminds me of Julia Lipniskaya when she won Skate Canada.

She was the only one to do full run throughs at Autumn Classiz as well, i was surprised and admired her once again for her work and effort! :love:

Tursynbaeva is almost impossibly tiny. Like a humming bird. When she is in the air you expect she might just not come back down if there was a strong wind . Very serious expressions and never hesitates. Does not act like a rookie during the practice sessions.
:laugh: