2016 Skate America Ladies FS | Page 38 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate America Ladies FS

xibsuarz

Record Breaker
Congratulations to the medalists! Mariah...just WOW! :bow: a shame she doesn't have a second assignment. And what a very solid performance for Ashley, you don't want to peak to early, but you also need to grab the medals!
Watching Gracie was painful, she does look like she doesn't love skating anymore, and her face in the K&C...perhaps she should take a season off and start fresh, find programs she is passionate about and the confidence to execute them, she has the talent to do it.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
btw I agree with someone above who said Gabby has to skate to something like Hip Hip chin chin
or some hip hop
She has the energy for that

mcq

Record Breaker
Looks like Cup of China will decide the finalists. Assuming Pogo, Med, Sotskova, Satoko, and Wagner are in. I am feeling it will end being between a Russian and Mihara.

Satoko, Wagner and Medvedeva yes, but I won't bet money on Pogo and Sotskova to be honest.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie at this point is a hopeless case. Almost five years of hearing how good she was and should win everything in sight and she bought into it and couldn't handle it. Now we see the burn out which to be honest i expected maybe a year or two ago but now she doesn't seem to have any fire in her belly to compete. Maybe she should have sat out the GP season she took to much time off during the summer and needs to get in better shape plus maybe she can get her head together by Nationals where she seems to always peak.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
Ashley's PCS was way too high but the amount I'd cut it down by wouldn't affect the final standings, it's a shame Mariah doesn't have a 2nd GP but this will be a good boost for her before Nationals

skatelikewind1966

On the Ice
A few hours ago did ANYBODY think Mariah Bell would have won the LP and win the silver and Gracie Gold would be OFF the podium :shocked: :eeking: And at Skate America of all places :shocked::shocked: It's honestly to me one of the biggest surprises in quite a long time

+1

Biellmann

Match Penalty
So many surprises and it's only the first GP. What is going to happen next week? :hopelessness:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
hmm thats strange

I could have understood if someone rather than an american won but in this particular case I thought US tv would def show the ceremony...:scratch2:

The problem is TV scheduling. The block of time was scheduled to end at 6 PM Eastern time, and unfortunately skating doesn't have the sway of something like football for which networks will just bump subsequent programs back or join something in progress.

pororocheburashka

On the Ice
thanks God the stupid GPF website did not accept my credit card to buy tickets

Many other great competitors in the following events.

Anyway ... visit the 2016 Golden Spin of Zagreb (Croatia) (Dec 7-10 2016): the oldest skating competition in the world ...
as things are going, right now, it seems that
many famous figure skaters will be there.

Last edited:

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I think while this was not Ashley's best outing (although it was definitely good and deserving of 1st place), she did what she needed to do and she proved to herself she could keep it together while being the favorite and in the lead. I also give her credit for thinking on her feet and avoiding zayaking.

Mariah was lovely to watch. I think many fans have felt for years she had so many good qualities and was capable of being successful but the confidence she displayed here was something I've never seen from her. I hope she can build on this as the season goes on.

And +1 to whoever said Raf was the real winner of Skate America.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
So many surprises and it's only the first GP. What is going to happen next week? :hopelessness:

And the first finished discipline of the first GP, at that. We still have Pairs, Men, and Ice Dance to (pleasantly/sadly/angrily/scarily) surprise us.

whatif

Medalist
Satoko, Wagner and Medvedeva yes, but I won't bet money on Pogo and Sotskova to be honest.

It's just numbers, really, even if Pogo fails in Japan, highly likely. There is nobody who can challenge her from Rostelecom entries. Sotskova also has very good draw and can easily finish 2nd in both events.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Leaving the arena now, but quick report:

Mariah Bell was awesome. That is all.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I wonder if Gracie likes something else way more than skating,

Reminded me of a movie Ilia Kulik & ZOe Saldana was in ('Center stage' or smth like that) where a gal was in a ballet school b/c her mom was some head in that school & not because she herself wanted to be a ballerina
If ppl constantly tell you how you are talented in skating & should do that & win medals & all & you yourself arent that into that...

obvs speculating & nothing more

Last edited: