2017-2018 Programs by Discipline | Page 87 | Golden Skate

2017-2018 Programs by Discipline

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I fear we may be seeing the start of a new trend. I suspect next quad we are going to see less repeats during the quad.... and everyone bringing out their favorite for Olympics 2022. Might work well for every four year fans but not the rest of us. Ohh well.

I am coming to accept it, it is not as fun, but the skaters are human.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Nathan'sp is not my style of music but it is quite original routine and his body movement is superb. I wish he use Rite of Spring alone for his LP though, he has skills to pull it off.

Don't worry, if he continues on to Beijing 2022, he can repeat Rite of Spring for the next four seasons. That's ok now.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Ladies Programs from CS Salt Lake

NameNation
1Brooklee HAN
SP I Dreamed a Dream from Les Miserables, performed by Susan Boyle; choreo by Evgenii Nemirovski
FS Por Una Cabeza by Carlos Gardel and Alfredo Le Pera (2016-17 program); choreo by Evgenii Nemirovski
AUS
2Michelle LONG
SP: Oblivion, a vocal.version called "One Stolen Kiss"
FS: Turandot, "Nessun Dorma"
CAN
3Alicia PINEAULT
SP: " Back to Black" by Amy Winehous
FS: "Mon coeur s'ouvre a ta voix" (from "Samson et Delilah") by Camille Saint-Saens (2016-17 program); choreo by Sebastien Britten
CAN
WDStephanie Yuung-Shuh CHANGTPE
WDHaley YAO
SP: Swan Lake by Petr I. Tchaikovski; choreo by Kristine Bingham, Elena Pavlova
FS: The Mask of Zorro (soundtrack) by James Horner; choreo by Kristine Bingham, Elena Pavlova
TPE
6Aimee BUCHANAN
SP Only Hope by Mandy Moore; choreo by Evgenii Nemirovski
FS Romantic Rhapsody by Andre Matheiu; choreo by Evgenii Nemirovski
ISR
7Marin HONDA
SP: Smile (2016-17 program) by Charlie Chaplin; Marina Zueva, Jeffrey Buttle
FS: Turandot by Puccini (Vanessa-Mae violin version & Sarah Brightman vocals); choreo by David Wilson
JPN
8Kaori SAKAMOTO
SP "Moonlight Sonata" (changed from "Danse Macabre" by Camille Saint-Saens), choreo. by Kenji Sakamoto
FS Amelie soundtrack; choreo. by Benoit Richaud
JPN
9Mariah BELL
SP: Roxy Heart (Chicago soundtrack) performed by Renee Zellweger, All That Jazz (Chicago soundtrack); choreo by Rohene Ward
FS: West Side Story soundtrack by the Original Broadway Cast; choreo by Cindy Stuart
USA
10Karen CHEN
SP: El.Tango de Roxanne" from Moulin Rouge, sung by Jose Feliciano; choreo by Mark Pillay
FS: Carmen Suite by Rodion Schcedrin; choreo by Mark Pillay
USA
11Mirai NAGASU
SP: Nocturne no. 20 in C Sharp Minor" by Chopin (2016-17 program); choreo by Jeffrey Buttle
FS: Miss Saigon soundtrack, including Sun and Moon; choreo by Jeffrey Buttle
USA
12Paige RYDBERG
SP: "The Gauchos Pain" by Tango Jointz; choreo by Rohene Ward, Tom Dickson
FS: "Gladiator Rhapsody" by Lang Lang, "Pegasus" by Two Steps from Hell; choreo by Rohene Ward, Tom Dickson
USA

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
Pegasus?! That's a lovely piece of music! I have to see that program now!

(Re Paige Rydberg's LP music.)

ETA - Except I was unable to find any video of her LP from this weekend - Darn it - darn it all to heck! I can only hope it will turn up eventually - otherwise, does anyone know when she will be competing next? I'd dearly love to see that program!

nimi

Medalist
Who should we blame for the repeat program in the pairs now?
I read in one of the threads (either here or on FSU, can't remember) that the Fed told them to go back to Ghost at the Champs Camp. Apparently they're planning to use Chaplin next year.

Ender

Match Penalty
I read in one of the threads (either here or on FSU, can't remember) that the Fed told them to go back to Ghost at the Champs Camp. Apparently they're planning to use Chaplin next year.
Oh thank you. I forgot that sometimes the federations also have big input in the program choices.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Pegasus?! That's a lovely piece of music! I have to see that program now!

(Re Paige Rydberg's LP music.)

ETA - Except I was unable to find any video of her LP from this weekend - Darn it - darn it all to heck! I can only hope it will turn up eventually - otherwise, does anyone know when she will be competing next? I'd dearly love to see that program!

It's up on YouTube now. Unfortunately Paige had a poor performance. I don't think she's competing in a big competition again this year, until nationals.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Pairs programs from CS Lombardia Trophy

No.NameNation
1Miriam ZIEGLER / Severin KIEFER
SP: Sunshine on Leith; choreo by Mark Pillay
FS: "Yellow," and "Fix You," cover versions of a Coldplay medley; choreo by Mark Pillay
AUT
WDAnna DUSKOVA / Martin BIDAR
SP: "LA 40" by the Mozart Tango Players (reprise of 2016-17 SP); choreo by Maurizio Margaglio
FS: Cirque du Soleil; choreo by Rotislav Sinicyn
CZE
3Darja BEKLEMISCSEVA / Mark MAGYAR
SP: The Deer by Woodkid, choreo by Alexander Gazsi
FS: "Listen" from the Dreamgirls soundtrack by Beyoncé, and "One Night Only" by Beyoncé Knowles, Sharon Leal, Anika Noni Rose; choreo by Alexander Gazsi
HUN
4Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE
SP: a revised version of their 2015-16 program, Magnificat; choreo by Raffaella Cazzaniga
FS: Tree of Life by Roberto Cacciapaglia; choreo by Raffaella Cazzaniga
ITA
WDRebecca GHILARDI / Filippo AMBROSINI
SP: "Summertime" by Gershwin, performed by Rick Wakeman
FS:
ITA
6Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK
SP: Renato Carosone "Tu vuo fa l'americano"; choreo by Massimo Scali
FS: The Great Italian Tradition from the Amarcord soundtrack by Nino Rota; choreo by Petr Tchernyshev
ITA
7Alisa EFIMOVA / Alexander KOROVIN
SP: Russian folk music
FS: La Strada soundtrack by Nino Rota
RUS
8Natalia ZABIIAKO / Alexander ENBERT
SP: "Summer of '42;" choreo by Igor Chinyaev
FS: "Too Close", "I Love You Much Too Much", and "Sleeping Beauty;" choreo by Giuseppe Arena
RUS
9Laura BARQUERO / Aritz MAESTU
SP: "Unchained Melody" from the Ghost soundtrack
FS: Romeo and Juliet by Abel Kornzeniowski, including "Come Gentle Night," "The Cheek of the Night," and "A. Thousand Times Goodnight"
ESP
10Ashley CAIN / Timothy LEDUC
SP: I’ll Take Care of You” as covered by Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa; choreo by Serge Onik and Cordero Zuckerman
FS: Bang Bang (from "The Great Gatsby" soundtrack), Young and Beautiful (from "The Great Gatsby" soundtrack), A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (from "The Great Gatsby" soundtrack
choreo by Serge Onik, G. & S. Arena,and Cordero Zuckerman
USA

Last edited:

evasorange

Final Flight
Still holding on to a tiny shred of hope that we will get to see ashley's la la land...at least until she confirms a switch herself. la la land had the potential to be something really special....

Barb

Record Breaker
Still holding on to a tiny shred of hope that we will get to see ashley's la la land...at least until she confirms a switch herself. la la land had the potential to be something really special....

I just do not understand how bad it can be to want to repeat a program for the third time.