2017 Europeans Pairs SP | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2017 Europeans Pairs SP

JustMe

On the Ice
I am thinking TAT is finally losing it. During M/H skate, she said that Valentina might be having an orgasm during one of the lifts as she closed her eyes. Then stating that it is not uncommon as she have seen it many times actually happen to some of her skaters she used to train. :palmf:

:eeking:

Lota

Record Breaker
I am thinking TAT is finally losing it. During M/H skate, she said that Valentina might be having an orgasm during one of the lifts as she closed her eyes. Then stating that it is not uncommon as she have seen it many times actually happen to some of her skaters she used to train. :palmf:

I just saw that, but it doesn't really mean orgasm, I think the right translation would be something like "She gets a thrill out of the lifts, like many true female pairs skaters do", not her own skaters (although she mentions one of her own) :laugh:

tzazu

Medalist

No comment :slink:

snd

On the Ice

no.

оргазм means orgasm.

кайф means high/enjoying.

TAT used the latter word. don't litter this thread with bogus, incorrect translations. she said she knows lady skaters who CLOSE THEIR EYES when they are being lifted. that's all.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I'm sorry but I laughed. God, such a crass comment, but it's so ubelievable I can't even rage on it.

*glad it got better, thou?

text_skate

🇺🇦
Medalist
Country
European-Union
Was that... personality I saw from T/M???

In all total seriousness about once or twice a year they get really into the performance of a program and I see this incredible glimpse of how great they could be with programs that actually are good and just a bit of coaching on their performance and how to sell it. I hope they will get those great programs next year, because I truly believe with better vehicles they could be OGM.

They are working with Alexander Gazsi – as choreographer. So personality should show up more and more :) You can't escape his personality. This will be good for them and probably in some not so distant future there will be a T/M-zombie-like-dance :dance2:

Khoai

Match Penalty
T/M have good speed and quality in the elements. But their skating leaves a lot to be desired. PCS should have been lower by 3 points.
S/K's twist is weak as usual. I would never give any positive GOE for their twist. Some should have given them negative. Such a weak twist from a top pair. They should have been in the 5th.
I was so impressed by the French. Now, that's how you perform so judges dare not underscore you.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Even though they were treated a little generous by the judges, T/M deserve to be in the first position. Loved their performance tonight and good luck to them.
However, I'm gutted S/K are only in fourth position. I like their take on a classical programme, but I'm beginning to wonder whether it is actually the right choice for them. Looking forward to their wonderfully quirky and edgy FS and hope with all my might they can push themselves up on the ladder. :cheer2:

carmina

On the Ice
no.

оргазм means orgasm.

кайф means high/enjoying.

TAT used the latter word. don't litter this thread with bogus, incorrect translations. she said she knows lady skaters who CLOSE THEIR EYES when they are being lifted. that's all.

Thank God :console:

friedbanana

End Turandot!
Final Flight
I just watched James/Cipres, and they were absolutely amazing! Hope they keep it up for the free skate. :rock:

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
The judges here are just too generous with those famous names. Over 73 for S/M or S/K with a bad fall during the step sequence or on the triple throw? In addition to that, Savchenko at first even failed to grab her blade in the lift! I am seeing the Chinese having a very big chance of beating these two at the Worlds.

Hopefully the French couple could finally make the podium.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Evgenia needs a red lip here.

Gorgeous girl, but lacks the "WOW" factor that Aliona and Ksenia both have in the face. Make-up!

ETA: I like S/K's program much more, but T/M look wayyyyy faster.

Evgenia needs a red lip and Vlad needs an eyebrow tint. They both look washed out (but are still my faves! :dance:)

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
This result annoys me, Tarasova/Morosov were not 6 points better than James/Cipres. She didn't even do a clean side-by-jump and they get +2 GOE for it. Skating while Russian. 1st place is fine but this margin should be way smaller. James/Cipres had the better mature presentation, with a really super transition into the throw. T/M are still a bit awkward in some of their movements. Their presentation has improved but feels a bit cheesy at times. They are giving the effort but it's not really professional enough yet.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
This was a very entertaining competition. I watched the recorded highlights on BESP, where they showed 17 of the 18 couples, what did the poor Swiss couple do to get dropped from the broadcast?

A well deserved lead for T/M. They really attack this programmed, you could even when waiting to be introduced how relaxed and confident they looked. A sky high twist, perfect unison in the jumps, an enormous throw it really left a great impression. A great demonstration of pairs skating. Delighted from the French, it was the performance of their lives, I don't think they have ever skated better. I hope they can hold it together in the Free, they have never been in this position before.

I was a bit surprised when I seen the marks for S/M. I honestly didn't think they would break 70, from looking at the protocols they got a Level 4 for the steps after a fall, which I think is surprising. I still think a lot of the skating is about her and he is just there as a partner to get her to another Olympics. I think they were a little high on the PCS side. Great to have S/K back competing, not at their best yet. I was shocked to see her fall on the throw, I think she was a little slow to start her rotation. In terms of sktaing skills they are level or two above everyone else. This is a different style for them but it works for them. Hopefully they have a good free skate.

When Z/E took to the ice, they looked a million miles better than everyone else that had gone before. I really like this programme, the music and look work for them. I think they are a little unlucky to be in 5th and would have given them 3rd. However the gap from 2nd to 5th is so small that their is plenty of room for movement in the free. Other skaters that I enjoyed were ;

D/B a great senior championship debut on home soil.
D/K from Belarus, I really liked their style, unusual choreography
G/A, the Italian number 3's, slightly lower tes but really good performance
P/SK, a lot of potential here, I was surprised to see that Larionov is their choreographer
C/K back with his 4th partner but I like what they done, some nice qualities to their skating.

I was disappointed for B/E from Lithuania, she really has grown a lot but good to see Smirnov in the K&C. I don't see what they didn't let all into the free, it would have been that big a problem for the schedule?

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Nabokovesquely freaky.
And his current wife is what- only 4-5 years older than his daughter?

Actually, 3 years. Annabelle Morozov was born May 2nd, 2001 and Vasilisa Davankova was born May 2nd, 1998.

Eek.

Clever guy. Marry somebody with the same birthday as your daughter so that it is easier to remember their birthdays! :agree:

In all seriousness, though...

How did I not know about this?! :scratch2:

I knew Morozov went for the young'uns, but this is getting beyond ridiculous.

I thought the 18 years 4 months between him and Ilinykh was bad enough. But the age difference to Davankova is even more - 22 years 4 months!

Like, he is older than both of them put together! :eek: :eek: :eek:

A few years ago, we were talking about Morozov's form for dating his students, and somebody made a throw away comment along the lines of "I hope he stays away from Julia". And we all thought, "nah, she's too young even for him".

Well Davankova is only a month older than Lipnitskaya!

I was just looking at Davankova's Instagram, and seeing the pictures of them together... it's shocking. It's like looking at a father and daughter, not a husband and wife.

She looks so in love with him. Him, well, he looks like he always does.

But, at least knowing about this relationship explains one thing that was puzzling me - why she switched from Pairs to Dance.

CaroLiza_fan