2017 GP Skate America Mens SP | Page 44 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate America Mens SP

auser

Record Breaker
so yah... it's true that Liam was just in Warsaw last weekend..... so it's pretty quick turnaround for him.. let's hope for a great LP...
He is a lovely skater. Has he said he wishes to move on from eligible skating after this Olympics?

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Boyang should easily go into 2nd tomorrow even if he's 10 points off of his best. But with the injury... :sad21:
I hope they'd encourage him to WD if it's serious. It would be so awful if he's aggravating it by competing.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Boyang should easily go into 2nd tomorrow even if he's 10 points off of his best. But with the injury... :sad21:
I hope they'd encourage him to WD if it's serious. It would be so awful if he's aggravating it by competing.

i think he would have WD already... he is in the hunt. It would just be sad if he couldn't make GPF.... already the 3 usual culprits won't be there... of course Shoma and Nathan will keep me interested enough :) but Boyang is always fun to watch. But yeah... he looked really not the same today... the quad toe was still nice but yeah... that pop... that's not a boyang thing to do.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
i think he would have WD already... he is in the hunt. It would just be sad if he couldn't make GPF.... already the 3 usual culprits won't be there... of course Shoma and Nathan will keep me interested enough :) but Boyang is always fun to watch. But yeah... he looked really not the same today... the quad toe was still nice but yeah... that pop... that's not a boyang thing to do.
He's so humble and hard-working, I wouldn't be surprised if he pushed himself when he shouldn't. But I know his coaches are very focused on efficiency, and it seems a good sign that they decided not to go for the 4Lz. Hoping for the best and especially that he'll take care of himself. [emoji170]

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Just finish catching up on the competition :

Nathan SP is hands down the best this year. (I love Benjamin Clementine and I hope he'll skate to more songs by him in the future)
I would have Nathan PCS with a higher margin than Adam's.
It's nice to see Voronov redemption I hope he makes it to GPF !
And I hope Boyang gets to GPF WITHOUT smashing his ankle...

So that we're clear, I know a lot of you will hate that, but right now Nathan IS the favourite for OGM.
Yes, if everyone skates clean, it's going to be Yuzuru who wins, no questions about that (or discussion whatsoever, because it'll be so deserved). BUT, between everyone crumbling down on injuries, he's the one that rises and looks SO healthy (hope I don't jinx him). He's the favourite because of that.

Now I hope that I see everyone healthy at the Olympics. But these guys (And Evgenia for that matter) needs to set health as their priorities, otherwise it could go the other way.

EDIT : Actually to be more precise, OGM is more between Shoma and Nathan, the latter showing more these days. But these 2 are making their case very big.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Nathan has been my number 1 pick since he revealed his new programs this summer. No surprise there for me... if you look at the olympic men's discussion I wrote Nathan and Shoma. :) i guess you can all be angry at me for the troubles everyone else seem having... :slink:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
He is a lovely skater. Has he said he wishes to move on from eligible skating after this Olympics?

:agree: Yes, I always enjoy watching Liam's elegant style :luv17:, even when his jumps are not succeeding.

I am happy to say that the audience in the arena was very appreciative of Liam's SP performance :yay:, regardless of his jumps. I could feel a lot of crowd support for him.

After the Men's SP, I was in line at a sandwich shop across from the venue, and a friendly woman behind me noticed the rolled-up poster I was holding. She asked me for whom I had made a sign. When my answer was Liam, she immediately enthused as to how beautifully he skated (jumps aside). It was clear that she did not have much prior knowledge of him, but based on that one (flawed) performance, she was very favorably impressed. Music to my ears :yes:.

Good luck to Liam in the FS :ghug:.

To answer your question:

Yes, Liam and Elladj have said that this year is their final year of skating.

They have joined forces to create Skate Global -- their initiative to help the next generation of Canadian skaters (and the next generation's coaches). Liam and Elladj want to share their knowledge from competing at the international level.​

ETA:

Nathan's jumps were exciting (including how he saved the triple axel), but even without jumps, his program would have been extremely appealing to me.

Very happy for Rippon, Voronov, Yan, Samohin.

Good luck to all twelve men in the FS.​

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
I'm used to seeing Raf being super serious all the time, but with Nathan he's just a big bowl of sunshine and fun. :laugh:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
not because i wasn't there that i haven't claimed him... look at my avatar.... i have him pretty much tattooed on my chest

I must admit that's dedication. It may be several other things as well, but you can't deny it's VERY dedicated.
;)

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Just caught up on the men's short, I made sure not to read any spoilers so I was quite nervous when Sergei skated! But hooray! :cheer: Not sure what to make of the costume...is it new? It's a little odd, but then again that's Sergei! :laugh:

Shame about Boyang and his injury, I really enjoy his skating so it was a shame to see him in 6th! I hope he feels better for the Free!

Also was it just me or did the announcer sound like Mitchell from Modern Family?!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Into the room waltzes my Yuzudaughter:

“Is Yuzu at this competition? When will the Poohs start flying to the ice?! Can you record it so I can see it in the morning?”

OUT!!!! GET OUT OF MY HOUSE IMMEDIATELY!!! I HAVE NO CHILD!!! HE ISN’T EVEN COMPETING HERE, BUT REGARDLESS, GET OUT!!!

:rofl:

LOL This is STILL the comment of the competition so far.

:luv17:

dailytg20

On the Ice
I'm used to seeing Raf being super serious all the time, but with Nathan he's just a big bowl of sunshine and fun. :laugh:
He was so funny in the KnC trying everything in his power to play it cool and not let out a Robin Wagner scream. You could see the corners of his mouth doing a "Try Not to Laugh" challenge, but his eyes were shooting hearts the entire time.

I see you Raf!