2017 JGP Brisbane Mens FS | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2017 JGP Brisbane Mens FS

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
by far but damn it... he just skated this clean a couple weeks ago.... he lost his mind... sigh...

Well his jumps werent there, but i concentrate only at positive aspects, especially when i watch juniors skating. And like Ted said, its early in the season

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
not sure i can watch juniors much longer... joseph was flawless a few weeks ago...but here... he skated so much under his capacities... no wonder he is in shock... poor boy.... he deserved better than that... with all the work he has done to improve over the last year. Hope he recovers for his next JGP event.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
not sure i can watch juniors much longer... joseph was flawless a few weeks ago...but here... he skated so much under his capacities... no wonder he is in shock... poor boy.... he deserved better than that... with all the work he has done to improve over the last year. Hope he recovers for his next JGP event.

It's only his 2nd season on the JGP and he's put in harder jumps so it's normal to expect some inconsistencies. What he needs to work on is not letting the other jumps escape him. And the combos too. I think he was too rattled by his mistakes so he began doubling and popping. Don't let doubt creep into your mind mid-performance. This should be a good learning experience for him.

I'm impressed by the bronze medallist. Even the young Russian guys are bringing it on the JGP. :thumbsup:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Was busy at a conference all week so I didn't have time to look at much practice stuff or scores, so I finally checked them and...

GO DONOVAN GO

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Was busy at a conference all week so I didn't have time to look at much practice stuff or scores, so I finally checked them and...

GO DONOVAN GO

Donovan is freaking adorable. Please skategods let him qualify a spot at Nebelhorn. Can you imagine that sweetheart at the Olympics?

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Donovan is freaking adorable. Please skategods let him qualify a spot at Nebelhorn. Can you imagine that sweetheart at the Olympics?

He would probably end of being the flag bearer too. The last two Winter Olympics the only entry from Mexico was some eccentric rich guy that basically skis for fun and just barley squeaks in. I suspect they would give flag to a skater over him... hell I think he would give the flag to Donovan, he actually seems kinda fun.

Really Donovan could be their only entry... i don't follow other sports. I really hope to see him there and see him get the experience and exposure. He really is the type people fall in love with at the Olympics.

Kara

Final Flight
I love the coverage of the JGP on youtube and all, but must the thumbnail to Joseph's free skate be that look of utter disappointment?:palmf::(

Not my fave song by Andrea Boccelli for Alexei's free, but much better than last year's cowboy stuff.:p Lots of heartbreak in this event, but I found some new favorites of mine. Donovan really was lovely with amazing spins and great music!:hap85:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Just catching up & it was a fairly disappointing FS, but I'm glad that Egor could pull himself up & of course, I enjoyed Donovan. James Min started out so well & I like the Fifth Element program! I can see he's grown a lot, so maybe that is part of why he's struggling now. Probably the jet lag got to a lot of the guys...hopefully we'll see some better performances at the next competitions.

I think Roman Savosin could use a coaching change...he needs a lot more polishing and better packaging if he is going to go anywhere.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Woo hoo Alex K. :hap57:

No, he's not the smoothest skater in the world, but he has upped his performance game *so* much since training with the Cains, and he tries so hard, he's making me a fan. :) and you gotta admit, he won here fair and square.

And can I tell you, folks, having seen Donovan Carrillo live, he's just as much a cutie in the rink and that smile reaches the audience and not just the camera. Donovan para los Juegos olimpicos! (Sorry, no upside down punctuation on this keyboard;))

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I think Roman Savosin could use a coaching change...he needs a lot more polishing and better packaging if he is going to go anywhere.

He needs to improve on pretty much everything but i will always respect his attitude: there are a lot of skaters who after the first mistake they lose the confidence and then they start to pop jumps while he fights for everything and at the end of the day it is paying off: last season he won the first GP event, bronze at the second and then just off the podium at the GPF, and here silver medal at the first event.

According to wikipedia he's training at Sambo 70 so i wonder if he could be able to work with Eteri's or Anna's team.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Donovan Carrillo had the best skate of the night! If he can get a 3a he could challenge for the podium.

And Kudos to the crowd, who cheered madly for everyone.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Ah darn time zones, couldn't see a thing of the first two days, been playing catch up.

In essence, I walk away with 3 names in my head.
Egor, well done. He's just 13, once he gets a little bit older, with some more strength, it should be really interesting to watch him.
James Min, now this guy I loved, both the SP&FS and boy, has he improved.
And last, Donovan, oh well done, well done indeed.

I still don't care for Alex K and Samosin, two quads are bupkus when a 13yo outskates you!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's easy for a 13-year-old to 'outskate' 17 and 18 year-olds when the 13-year-old has a much easier FS (and he missed the first of two 3as in his program, at that). And Egor certainly didn't outskate Alex and Roman in the SP, where he had two falls.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
It's easy for a 13-year-old to 'outskate' 17 and 18 year-olds when the 13-year-old has a much easier FS

I was talking about Savosin, and in the reality where I live, it is not easy at all. If Savosin had a better overall package, both the jumps and PCS included, he should have wiped the floor with Egor, no matter how talented the kid is. But he's 13 and those 4 years mean a lot. So, when he tops Savosin's tech and is almost there in the PCS, yes, he has outskated him, big time, considering the 4 year gap.
And yes, it's so easy, that apart from him, there was only Alexei above Savosin in the end. We definitely do have a different definition of the word easy.