2017 Worlds Helsinki Info and Chat | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2017 Worlds Helsinki Info and Chat

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I have now bought my tickets. Could somebody please advice me, I have never used lippu.fi before So I can pick up the tickets from a place which in listed there as "myyntipisteet" and get them just showing the code?

amateurlunatic

Spectator
I'm kind of late to the party but is anyone selling a ticket to men's FS? Or maybe there's a trustworthy resale website? Thank you in advance!

risingtrot

On the Ice
When you go inside the stadium, do they check your IDs with your tickets in the entrance?

Not yet final but I am thinking of selling my ticket. All Event 9 ticket (with practices). Row 12, Seat 104. I think it's Ice Level 2 if I remember it correctly. I only have the electronic ticket. I tried to change my info in lippu then regenerate the ticket again but it seems it would not show the updated info. The electronic ticket contains name and address info.

Reason for possible selling is : I broke my tibia/fibula while ice skating last month. Had ORIF surgery etc. I am still recovering. Now I am on 1 crutch. I am not sure if I will be fully recovered by March. Also, I bought the tickets hoping Mao would be there but she is not going to Worlds...

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
When you go inside the stadium, do they check your IDs with your tickets in the entrance?

Not yet final but I am thinking of selling my ticket. All Event 9 ticket (with practices). Row 12, Seat 104. I think it's Ice Level 2 if I remember it correctly. I only have the electronic ticket. I tried to change my info in lippu then regenerate the ticket again but it seems it would not show the updated info. The electronic ticket contains name and address info.

Reason for possible selling is : I broke my tibia/fibula while ice skating last month. Had ORIF surgery etc. I am still recovering. Now I am on 1 crutch. I am not sure if I will be fully recovered by March. Also, I bought the tickets hoping Mao would be there but she is not going to Worlds...

No, you shouldn't have a problem reselling. And I'm sorry about your injury, hope you heal up soon :)

sparkle87

Spectator
Hi,
I'm sorry to hear about your injury 😔 I hope you will recover well and are getting the needed physiotherapy!

If you decide to sell the tickets, I would be very keen on buying the ticket for the ladies' free skate 😊

nobutan

Rinkside
Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you guys purchased the electronic tickets?
It is written that the tickets need to be printed out but they also mentioned that the barcode can be read from smartphone.

Has anyone ever used the e-tickets? Can you just show your tickets from your phone or do they HAVE to be printed out?

riminin

Rinkside
Hi all,

Just wondering if any of you guys purchased the electronic tickets?
It is written that the tickets need to be printed out but they also mentioned that the barcode can be read from smartphone.

Has anyone ever used the e-tickets? Can you just show your tickets from your phone or do they HAVE to be printed out?

At last year's GPF in Barcelona I could put the ticket in the Wallet on my iPhone. They read the barcode from there. No problem.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Has anyone ever used the e-tickets?
Not these particular ones, but there is an app called Arkkeo in the Apple App store that will let you import the PDF files. I have it on my iPad, but the app is available for iPhone/iPod, too, and possible other operating systems.

I, too, have had e-tickets of the GPFs in Barcelona imported in the Wallet app on iOS, but I don't think that worked with the Worlds 2017 ones. Haven't tried that anytime recently, though.

Funny thing: the pdf file states:

The ticket is only valid as a complete A4 printout. You can also show

and that is it, that is where the sentence ends rather abruptly. I am *assuming* they mean that you also show the ticket on your mobile or tablet. :biggrin: Otherwise, what would be the point of having them in an app?

sallycinnamon

Medalist
Whatever the rule is, I always print my e-tickets, just in case! Anything can happen (low battery and no charger, stolen mobile phone, or just something else) so it's better to have a second option. :)

Last edited:

Violetti

On the Ice

I've used electronic ticket in Finland. Local Christmas ice show in Espoo. It's easy. You simply find it in your phone and show it and they read it with their machine. I would still print the tickets just in case.

vadrouille

Rinkside
Hotel near the arena

Hurrah! Seats in row 1, front of ice level 2! And room booked in Holiday Inn near arena!

May I ask you which is the Hotel Holiday Inn near the arena ? Is it not the same hotel Holiday Inn Helsinki in City Center?
I am a little confuse. I would like to stay at a hotel near the arena, within walking distance 5 or 10 minutes walking, if I decide to go to World in March 2017. Thank you for the information.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
May I ask you which is the Hotel Holiday Inn near the arena ? Is it not the same hotel Holiday Inn Helsinki in City Center?
Can't answer for vadrouille, but apparently there is a Holiday Inn near Helsinki train station, but also one near the Hartwall arena:
Holiday Inn Helsinki Messukeskus, address: Messuaukio 1, 00520 Helsinki. It's at the Helsinki Exhibition & Convention Centre.
Google says it's an 11-minute walk to the arena.

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I am a little confuse. I would like to stay at a hotel near the arena, within walking distance 5 or 10 minutes walking, if I decide to go to World in March 2017. Thank you for the information.
As Winnie_20 said, there is more than one Holiday Inn... and if the one near the arena is full, I think the only other hotel within "walking" distance is Sokos Pasila Hotel (20 minutes walk to the arena). It might be a bit late now, to book either of them...

By the way, as far as I can tell from internet searches about Finland weather in late March/April... there may still be quite some snow on the ground at that time? So if you're walking, maybe best to bring some "sensible shoes" ;-D

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
By the way, as far as I can tell from internet searches about Finland weather in late March/April... there may still be quite some snow on the ground at that time? So if you're walking, maybe best to bring some "sensible shoes" ;-D

Is this a good time to admit I have had a bag ready with Helsinki stuff since, oh, early autumn? ;-)
It includes, among other things, two thick sweaters, skiing pants, heater leggings, a shawl that is like a tube shape that you pull over your head down to the neck, but can also wear up over your head, very nice thing, and, of course, very sensible shoes, read: snow boots. I am still looking for my skiing gloves, not going without those and a backup pair (I have pretty bad Raynaud's syndrome, the cold and I are not exactly a good combination).

I am not actually anticipating snow, but you never know, and after that one weekend in The Hague in March a few years ago when I thought I might just freeze to death at the figure skating rink, I am not taking any chances!

Last edited:

lyverbird1

Final Flight

It's the Holiday Inn in Pasila, not the city centre one. It's within a km of the venue so mice quick walk!

sarama

Medalist
Is this a good time to admit I have had a bag ready with Helsinki stuff since, oh, early autumn? ;-)
It includes, among other things, two thick sweaters, skiing pants, heater leggings, a shawl that is like a tube shape that you pull over your head down to the neck, but can also wear up over your head, very nice thing, and, of course, very sensible shoes, read: snow boots. I am still looking for my skiing gloves, not going without those and a backup pair (I have pretty bad Raynaud's syndrome, the cold and I are not exactly a good combination).

I wasn't planning on bringing my snow gear... Do you think it's going to be necessary? I'll be traveling with my carry on only so I don't have a lot of room to spare in my luggage!

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I wasn't planning on bringing my snow gear... Do you think it's going to be necessary? I'll be traveling with my carry on only so I don't have a lot of room to spare in my luggage!
You certainly won't need it to get around. ;-) But for me it's really to protect myself. At night, temperatures will likely drop below zero Celcius. Even if I don't need anything more than a warm coat inside the arena, outside, I'm gonna need more than just a warm coat. I don't go outside here at home in Holland in the winter months without gloves and shawl, either, and it's a lot warmer here than in Helsinki. If I do, I get dead fingers and toes. It's not nice. :noshake:
And I have had bad experience in a very cold arena; I'm simply not taking any chances, especially not considering I will be sitting still for hours on end. I'm sitting near to the ice, my legs will likely not be happy if I only wear a pair of jeans, even if the arena is supposed to be decently heated, even the website says you'd need a coat during ice hockey; I'd assume the same goes for figure skating events.
I am checking in a suitcase, I plan to use it. :laugh: Better to have stuff and not use it than the other way around. I'm not planning on buying a suitcase full of souvenirs, so... *shrug*

Hamonrsa

On the Ice
I'd sent an email to the organization selling VIP packages through the official website and received the following info regarding seating for those packages included in the response they sent me:

About the seat allocation:

The VIP-seats we have reserved in our VIP Hospitality-packages are the following:

VIP ROSE-package sections 117, 118, 119, rows: 10-14

VIP TULIP-package sections 102 and 103, rows: 8-12

VIP LILY-package, seating on the table, Restaurant Silver, 3rd floor, North stand. (min. 4 person / order)

I understand that the seating map on our website is a bit misleading: the “VIP-seats” that are presented on the picture on the sections 108, 109, 110 are not on sale – they are reserved for ISU, Finnish Figure Skating Association and their international guests. However the seats that are included in the VIP Rose-package are just as great: we reserved them from sectors 118-119 which are located on the other side of the Arena with easy access to the VIP Restaurant Platinum.

All the seats that are included in the packages are great and we distribute them depending on the group sizes so all our guests are seated together and they can enjoy the event as comfortably as possible.