2018 Europeans Ladies SP | Page 49 | Golden Skate

2018 Europeans Ladies SP

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
If both go clean in the FS, I could see the PCS making a difference in Evgenia's favour. But the battle is definitely on.

Nah. They're overscoring Alina so much in the PCS, she will clean the floor with everyone, including Evgenia if she goes clean+clean.

MiRé

Match Penalty
This competition... *shakes head*

Alina was phenomenal. I hope she keeps it up in the free!
HOWEVER, I hope Evgenia will win the free and the overall. I want her to remain unbeaten going into the Olympics, and I don't want to upset the balance she and Alina have right now. I want Alina to be silver here.

Carolina is always overscored in my opinion. Her spins travel SO MUCH!! She always has the same, wrinkled-nose expression and most of her jumps are frontloaded. I am really tired of her getting high scores all the time, even when she fails in the free. I just don't get it. What's so much better about Carolina than Zhenya? They both have great skating skills, Zhenya actually has expressions and transitions, and both perform. Zhenya also has better choreo. Ugh.

I didn't see Masha. Why the low score? A pop? Fall?

With all due respect........Carolina is probably the most refined skater currently. No one should top her PCS and no one should even come close to her PCS. Med getting 38 PCS is really sad for this sport.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I can almost see Alina winning now (the Olympics)

I'm expecting it I think. Many times the young fresh skater wins the OGM over the more seasoned favorite. I think the youthful enthusiasm works well at the Olympics. Ladies favorites do not do so great at winning the OGM... often it's an Alina that wins.

MIM

Medalist
Awww Laurine don’t cry... you are a beautiful skater.. watching her cry makes me sad...

Crystal7

Final Flight
This competition... *shakes head*

Alina was phenomenal. I hope she keeps it up in the free!
HOWEVER, I hope Evgenia will win the free and the overall. I want her to remain unbeaten going into the Olympics, and I don't want to upset the balance she and Alina have right now. I want Alina to be silver here.

Carolina is always overscored in my opinion. Her spins travel SO MUCH!! She always has the same, wrinkled-nose expression and most of her jumps are frontloaded. I am really tired of her getting high scores all the time, even when she fails in the free. I just don't get it. What's so much better about Carolina than Zhenya? They both have great skating skills, Zhenya actually has expressions and transitions, and both perform. Zhenya also has better choreo. Ugh.

I didn't see Masha. Why the low score? A pop? Fall?

It's only my opinion of course and I am not a big fan of Evgenia netiher Carolina. But Carolina's expressions are real for me, it's just another artistic level. Evgenia is just miming and her expressions are fake - it's like a theater for me. She lacks of maturity, which Carolina has. But she is an amazing skater - there is no doubt.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Oh no don't cry Laurine
[emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]
Dang that was too much
I hate that

Purv

Match Penalty
Absurd is 41+ TES with 3T-3T and no backloading.

I am laughing at you hater, GOE GOE GOE GOE GOE , SHE , show some respect to better ones at skating then your queen Evgenia
You think n o one can get 40+ withoyt backloading nowadays? jesus

WeirwoodTreeHugger

On the Ice
Does Eteri have something against Alina skating better than Evgenia. She didn't even clap when she finished

I'd love to see her switch coaches after this season is over. If she's with a team that actually supports her maybe she can skate with abandon and expression and become an unstoppeable legend

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
This is why the boost of Alina's PCS was insanity. Once she hits her TES, and deservedly so, they've been propping her so much in the PCS throughout the season, higher and higher, that we've reached the point where all she has to do is go clean.

That PCS should never be that high but it is what it is.

Yeah, I agree. Her TES is super well deserved, but her PCS should be 2-3 points lower imo. If both her and Zhenya go clean tomorrow, Alina's gonna win this at this point.