2018 Europeans Mens FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Europeans Mens FS

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Oh, and there was an interview Skate Guard did back in 2015-
http://skateguard1.blogspot.com/2015/05/interview-with-valtter-virtanen.html
He is goals. And love the last bit- "sport is just sport".

Q: Describe the ultimate day in your life. What would you eat, what music would you be listening to and where would you go?

A: I really like nature and all kinds of fish. So on my ultimate day, I would be hiking in the mountains with my fiancée and listening to the sounds of nature and eating fresh fish from the lake or river.

Nice interview. I'd spend this day with him. If I could keep up.

GGFan

Record Breaker
The Olympic Channel is only showing the last two groups. Good luck to all of the men. Better than the short please :pray:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
BTW.. Gutted Daniel didn't make the free skate. What a terrible year he's having. Losing his boots last Europeans and then what happened at Skate America and then not making the Free here.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I know being a 30 year old is not an old man, but seriously, Virtanen does not look 30. Not here, at least.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Me every time I see Felipe Montoya's name- the princess diaries. I know, real mature of me.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
BTW.. Gutted Daniel didn't make the free skate. What a terrible year he's having. Losing his boots last Europeans and then what happened at Skate America and then not making the Free here.

I wonder if he doesn't have some PTSD after that awful injury at SA. I hope he can get himself sorted, but there is not much time to do it before the Olympics. :(

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I wonder if he doesn't have some PTSD after that awful injury at SA. I hope he can get himself sorted, but there is not much time to do it before the Olympics. :(

Maybe he lost a lot of training time? He can be inconsistent from what people have said.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
ACK! My stream was weird and didn't start. I had to refresh when I saw you all talking about Daniel skating.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Great Daniel!!! Rough start but it got stronger and stronger.

I'm so happy that he's more prepared with his FS this year-- like he believed he could qualify. That's so important.

He will keep getting better. I LOVE this kid. Good work! [emoji1097]