2018 Finlandia Trophy Ladies Short Program | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Finlandia Trophy Ladies Short Program

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
Wait. One has to pay in order to watch the live stream???

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Camilla Gjersem (NOR)

Hand-down, flip-out on the opening 3Lo attempt (looks <). Fine 3T+2T (2T looks a bit pre-rotated). Nice illusion entry right on the music into a low sit spin. Good speed through the flying camel spin. Low step-out on the 2A, not a lot of speed going into it. Some good turns in the footwork but a very bunched up and slow at the end of the sequence. A decent combo spin to finish.

Overall, just needs more speed in general and more height on the jumps.

Score: 44.25

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Happy to see Veronik Mallet doing well :) With Kaetlyn out, she could possibly grab the Canadian #2 spot over Alaine and Larkyn this year.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I liked both Liza and Stasya today - very big improvement, indeed, for them both. Unfortunately, Stasya just cannot jump without mistakes. Otherwise, this program deserved 70.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Great music choice from Wang. Really had me captivated from the start. Love the program. Jumps were a disaster.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Angela Wang- shame about the jumps because this is a lovely program.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Angela Wang (USA)

Hard fall on the opening 3F, just caught an edge on the landing it seems. Ouch, a popped 1Lo. Strong speed through the camel spin. Good curves through the footwork, smooth and expressive. Clean 2A with good ride-out. Great centering through the combo spin. Wonderful speed through the layback spin as well.

She has really good skating skills, but those jumps sometimes lets her down. She usually has a 3-3 and a 3Lo with both arms aloft. I think that the music overpowers her skating a little but only because her style is usually smooth and clean instead of power-driven. But I think she's capable of matching the vocals later in the season.

Score: 48.36