2018 Four Continents Pairs FS | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2018 Four Continents Pairs FS

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I am really happy for Ashley and Tim. It's great they got to end the season on a high note- I am excited for what they will do next year. It's all about confidence!

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Sixth?! So cruel!!! Figure skating scoring is such an enigma...like one person can fall twice and still get a good score, someone else can mess up one element and they go all the way down the scoreboard.

But Ryom/Kim got bronze! That's very impressive and a massive congrats to them! :D

It is, sadly. Even if they had a -3 GOE on that lift, they would have placed much higher. At the junior GPF, they received 8.50 points for that element which was removed here from a failure to launch.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Congratulations to all the medalists!

Wow, the North Koreans win a major event medal. This must be a big boost for them before going into an Olympics.

I'm also happy for Tarah and Danny's winning the title after injuries that kept them from competition. Well done.

Ashley and Tim were also impressive so I hope to see them assigned to two GP.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Well, at least Kayne/O'Shea as well as Cain/Le Duc have a lot more ISU ranking points going into next year!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It is, sadly. Even if they had a -3 GOE on that lift, they would have placed much higher. At the junior GPF, they received 8.50 points for that element which was removed here from a failure to launch.

Ah I see, that's quite a lot of points :(

I still have trouble judging pops as bad as falls though...I mean I get it, but at the same time...falls are just really break up the program.

I hope Katia and Harley won't be too let down by this and can do amazing at the Olympics, they're hoping for a top 10 placement, which I think they can do!

I'm really happy about the North Korean Pair, though, a real highlight of the event so far!

schizoanalyst

Medalist
I obviously have no idea what goes on with sports inside North Korea (I suspect none of us do), but I hope a medal here encourages whoever decides these things to allow Ryom-Kim to compete more. For only doing one event this season prior (I believe) they did great.

kresslia

Medalist
Missed this, but I/M's scores... god this whole season is an AWFUL way to end their run together.:(

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This can be a learning experience from which they grow, or a lost opportunity that scars them. That's up to them, but I think it will be the former.

I really please for Cain/LeDuc. I've been rooting for them, and this was a solid (not perfect) performance - definitely something to grow on. A large medal and two small medals. Confidence boosting!

Katia and Harley have had quite a crazy year via their rapid rise in the standings as juniors, winning JWC last season, then the junior GPF a couple of months ago, and they are now also competing as seniors. I’m not worried. :yes:

auser

Record Breaker
I'm debating if I'll stay up for the ladies short. I wonder if any fellow insane Americans will join me from here :slink:
Do you mean Ladies FS? I will watch AO tennis first at 12:30 am PST. But will watch Ladies after if Federer's match goes like his last. I was able to watch last couple of groups of Ladies SP.

schizoanalyst

Medalist
Do you mean Ladies FS? I will watch AO tennis first at 12:30 am PST. But will watch Ladies after if Federer's match goes like his last. I was able to watch last couple of groups of Ladies SP.

I'm already too tired to remember which event I'm planning to watch :palmf:

gold12345

Medalist
The completely missed lifts in this event were really unfortunate. You lose a ton of points and there's no way to make up for it. Very uncharacteristic for both those pairs as well. Of course in the case of the Aussies, I'm sure it's not the easiest thing in the world going back & forth from 2 lifts in Junior to 3 lifts in Senior. They don't have the same type of mileage as a full-year Senior team. Better to miss a lift here than at the Olympics though.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
"Four Americans Forced To Embrace North Koreans! Figure Skating Conspiracy in Taiwan!" ~ Some Ridiculous Website Out There :laugh:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just took 7 top teams not to be there, a few top teams there to have no scores for some elements. Stars aliened

None of these competitors can do anything about who is not here. The point about top teams missing could be said about any team that had won.

Of the teams that were here, the medalists did the best. They shouldn't avert their eyes when accepting those medals.

As a not-particular-fan of pairs, and especially of American pairs, I'm glad to see there's at least enough fighting spirit to try to make the most of an opportunity. For once.