2018 Worlds Ladies FS | Page 139 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Ladies FS

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
So, the same people who were saying "let's end it on this positive and nice photo" continue the fuss again? Talk about hypocrisy :laugh:

GPF, Euros/4CC, Olympics, Worlds. That's simple. Alina won 3 of them, Kaetlyn won 1, mostly due to Alina bombing, because of being extremely tired after countless meetings in Russia as well as getting cold and having literally no time to properly recover. Also with Medvedeva completely ignoring this competition, which says quite a lot about its "importance". Even long before this Worlds i said that it doesn't matter at all. More like a good bonus to have in your pocket.

She was in previous two seasons. Now she's not.

Explained in second paragraph. It took complete bombing on her side for someone else to win. Olympics were very demonstrative in this case - all of main contenders were clean, no serious mistakes from anyone. And guess who won? Right, you know the answer.

I didn't know last two properly (and dont really care to be honest), but Sotnikova definitely wasn't the best in the world at that moment. Most likely it was Yuna. Sotnikova just had surprisingly good competition(and huge home support of course).

I didn't care about those "rankings" before, i don't care about them now, and i won't care about them in any future. But if you're so obsessed with ratings, how about the current one?

And what? Or do you really expect girl who completely bombed, to be close in scores? LOL

Now, bye my fellow friends, i don't have so much time to visit this thread every day and anwer to every nonsense or pathethic trolling attempt. Adios!

Firstly, Osmond wasn't at 4CC so it very well could have been 2 wins for her.

Secondly, when Medvedeva won Worlds by 15 points Osmond had errors as well doubling the loop and having a less than ideal 2A+3T. Had Alina had one less fall in Worlds she still would have not beat Osmond - and you could argue that the only reason the gap wasn't larger was because Osmond had a significant 2A error in her SP and a stepout in her LP... so it goes both ways - if you're gonna say Zagitova could have got more points the same can be said for Osmond.

Thirdly, bye fellow friend! đź‘‹

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
We could also talk about how Alina was punished in GOE for her "mistake" in the short which wasn't nearly as big as what Kaetlyn did (TWO mistakes in the short) but seems like Kaetlyn got a pretty good score considering what she put out. Sotskova skated a better short than her and was behind her. Same with Tennell.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
We could also talk about how Alina was punished in GOE for her "mistake" in the short which wasn't nearly as big as what Kaetlyn did (TWO mistakes in the short) but seems like Kaetlyn got a pretty good score considering what she put out. Sotskova skated a better short than her and was behind her. Same with Tennell.

If we're going to play the quotes game, Kaetlyn's 2nd "mistake" was a lean forwards on the landing of her solo jump - it was tight, but she didn't touch down or anything - and the GOE was negative but not outrageous. Alina's GOE was punished rightfully so because she had a tight combo - compare it to the way she did her 3-3 in the Olympics and try and tell me that her Worlds SP 3-3 deserves the same GOE?

As far as Sotskova... yeah, you could argue she should have been 2nd after the SP, but that 3Z was really borderline UR. Her flip was also a tight landing. Everything she did was neat and nice but nothing was spectacularly done whereas Osmond's spins and footwork and general personality in her SP were better, even with the tight jumps and 2A error.

Tennell is just not the same calibre as either of those two but I did think she deserved to clear 70.

Also FWIW, there was no Russian or Canadian on the panel of judges.... the US judge was pretty shady and agreed with you - placing Osmond 8th (while the other judges placed her 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6) and placed Tennell 4th (while the other judges placed her 5, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 9). :rolleye:

http://skatingscores.com/2018/wc/ladies/short/tss/

And if you want to talk "punishment" - gotta love the judges still giving Zagitova 69.87 PCS with 3 falls. Some even had the gall to give her 9.25/9.50, and 9.00's for IN with 3 falls.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Also FWIW, there was no Russian or Canadian on the panel of judges.... the US judge was pretty shady and agreed with you - placing Osmond 8th (while the other judges placed her 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6) and placed Tennell 4th (while the other judges placed her 5, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 7, 9). :rolleye:

http://skatingscores.com/2018/wc/ladies/short/tss/
Weirdly, the Australian judge gave Kaetlyn her highest score in the short program, but her third-lowest score in the free. Piaf fan, perhaps?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Weirdly, the Australian judge gave Kaetlyn her highest score in the short program, but her third-lowest score in the free. Piaf fan, perhaps?

The Aussie judge clearly ran out of uppers between the SP and FS. :laugh:

She gave 7 skaters marks of 76 or higher in the SP. :laugh:

Seems like she doesn't care too much about reputation, placing skates with falls from Miyahara, Kostner and Zagitova 5th, 9th and 11th in the FS (the lowest of any judges for them). And appreciated cleaner skates from Osmond/Higuchi and even placed "clean" skates from Tennell and Hendrickx in 3rd and 4th.