2018 Worlds Pairs Free Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2018 Worlds Pairs Free Skate

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Phew. Didn't miss anything.

I'd like to dedicate this day of watching to SarahSynchro who is always so supportive of us who use VPNs because we love Canadian tv's coverage of the event so much. A big round of applause for the sweet and generous SarahS please!

:clap:

BabblingBrook

On the Ice
Hey Hola VPN is not working for me for some reason (it worked for the entire olympics I don't know why doesn't it now) can someone say a VPN that's free?

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
IT'S HERE!!
PAIR'S FREE SKATE

Hello members!

We hope you're enjoying the World Figure Skating Championships and discussing the competition on this thread.

Running this forum, as many of you know, is not free. Golden Skate pay a sizable amount, including for servers. We want to keep GS a fun place to discuss skating, especially during these competitions, so Golden Skate Staff is asking that you consider donating during our campaign. Our goal is to raise $3,164.

You can donate here.

Please donate what you can. Every bit helps.

If you would like to really show your support for Golden Skate, please consider being a GS Supporter. Benefits of being a Supporter can be found here. There are a lot. Find out more!

We're aiming for at least 25 of you to donate something today. If everyone who uses Golden Skate today donated just $1 we would be at our goal!

:thank:

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Maybe Aljona and Bruno´s last competitive performance. They may retire although this pair still feels so new and fresh. Yesterday Bruno was better than ever.

Aljona´s worlds medals:

2007 Bronze
2008 Gold
2009 Gold
2010 Silver
2011 Gold
2012 Gold
2013 Silver
2014 Gold

2016 Bronze
2017 Silver
She'll be the most decorated pairs skater in world championship history by the end of this event, barring disaster.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Little annoyed at the length of times between events at this competition... I've already waited too long and we still have over an hour!!! AGHHHHHH

I was okay with it. Cause I was able to catch up writing my journal, eat lunch, flat iron my hair, and start getting SOME clothes together so I can go and get ready to go to Nashville tomorrow.

Jane2

Rinkside
Phew. Didn't miss anything.

I'd like to dedicate this day of watching to SarahSynchro who is always so supportive of us who use VPNs because we love Canadian tv's coverage of the event so much. A big round of applause for the sweet and generous SarahS please!

:clap:

What are vpn's & how do you use them to watch Canada's coverage? I'd love to do this!

SpiffySpiders

On the Ice
Was that a proper version of Sweet Dreams I just heard? I feel like whoever's in control of the warm up music was trolling us. That, or making up for the horror of unfortunate skating cover music choices.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
What are vpn's & how do you use them to watch Canada's coverage? I'd love to do this!

A VPN routes your computer through their server. I use HoxxVPN, which is a friefox addon. When you've added it on, you connect to Hoxx, click that you want to use their Canada browser. Then you need to go to the CBC site and connect to their coverage.

Hope that helps!

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Whoot! I'm awake and ready for this!

Go Katia and Harley! :hap85:

LadyB

Record Breaker
I’m so hyped!!!!! I know it’s near to impossible to beat S/M tonight, but I very much hope T/M get at least silver. Let the naughty boy do his job!
Good luck to Z/E, the Knierims and Team Italia!