2021 Gran Premio d'Italia: Women's Short Program | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2021 Gran Premio d'Italia: Women's Short Program

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Retroactive thoughts:

Miyahara:
Sublime layback, rare to see, it seems like she is rushing every move, maybe a symptom of following the Russian girls's style? Potential but she didn't seem to settle into it?

Kim: lovely music and package. Unfortunate execution on the lutz, but loved the overall Peggy Fleming vibe.

Scherbakova: The costume is awesome and a step into the right box. Chreo yes. Somehow reminded me of Alissa Ciziny. She has so much confidence and ownership of her movement. Liked that she was going for the 3 loop in the combo. she didn't have the edge or the speed so a change of plan made sense but nobody does 3 loop anymore....

can't wait for the free.

ivanja

On the Ice
Country
Croatia
Amazing skate for Loena, but shamefully underscored from the judges I felt.

Remember Medvedeva regularly going above 80 pts with literally the same components...

florin

Final Flight
Country
Russia
That is a shame about the Russian media, they should be much more appreciative of their skaters. If the skaters only matter if they are winning, the media is only encouraging "fair weather fans", and not true skating fans.
Russian sports media is a bunch of scoundrels concerned only with clickbait.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
Those sneaky Russians... I'm still not over the fact "enko" sounds like "enka". :laugh2: But then we Aussies love our 'O's.

There is a subtle difference between "eva" and "ova" right? Otherwise why the difference in spelling?
It's funny that origins of surnames with "enko" are from Ukraine and they sounds like "enko" in Ukrainian. And those surnames in Belarus are not only sounds like "enka", they are written the same they. It's all so complicated :))))

readernick

Medalist
I don't think we can find a person who can pronounce right all names and surnames from all over the world.
Yes, actually one of the things I enjoy about skating is listening to announcers all over the world mispronounce names. It's funny. They are so creative! I think the skaters are more concerned about other things ... For instance, I know just enough Korean and Chinese to know how badly the Western announcers pronounce names with these origins but I also listen to Chinese or Japanese commentary at times and their announcers usually butcher Western names, too. It isn't easy pronouncing names which often have sounds that aren't present in your native tongue. Simon says many things that irritate me, but I think we should all be a bit forgiving of pronunciation errors because unless you are a great linguist you would likely make some, too.

icybear

Medalist
I don't think we can find a person who can pronounce right all names and surnames from all over the world.
Oh come on. He's been commenting on FS for ages. And Anna isnt a newcomer. She's in her 3rd senior season and is the World Champion. I would expect someone who's getting paid to comment on FS to know how to pronounce the name of the World champion.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
Oh come on. He's been commenting on FS for ages. And Anna isnt a newcomer. She's in her 3rd senior season and is the World Champion. I would expect someone who's getting paid to comment on FS to know how to pronounce the name of the World champion.
I know perfectly well how to pronounce Anna's surname in Russian. And I never thought that he pronounced it wrong. I was surprised to read it here.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
🇧🇪 #LoenaHendrickx #GPItaly FS All new PBs! (145.53/219.05) "It was very emotional. It's just a dream come true. I worked hard and I think I can be very proud to be the first woman from Belgium to get a Grand Prix medal."

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
🇷🇺 #AnnaShcherbakova (New dress): "The first dress was made very quickly, so now we had more time to put in for the new dress. I like how the colors come together. Maybe there will be some more details added."