2024 World Championships Women's Short Program | Page 47 | Golden Skate

2024 World Championships Women's Short Program

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Enjoyed Kaori no matter what but have to say, Loena brought it and Isabeau was outstanding. Love Haen and Young. So elegant.

After the tidy and exciting pairs comp, this was a rollercoaster. Will be interesting to see Loena and Isabeau battle it out. Good for them both.
Haien, and a number of other ladies are still in the running too. Isabeau has not been a favorite of mine, but I found her to be so lovely in this program. A great choice of music for Isabeau! Loena is deservedly ahead by a slight margin. If she brings it in the fp, Loena will give herself a great chance to prevail for her first World championship win! ✨

slider11

Medalist
Kaori Sakamoto is not sloppy. Yes, she made a mistake, but her skating skills are fantastic. The mistake would've been even worse if it had not been for her outstanding skills and control.
Can someone tell me who is commentating and on what feed?
Are Ashley and Adam commentating?
Mark Hanretty and Tonia Kwiakowski are commentating on Peacock. Not too chatty during the performance and some good insights after.

slider11

Medalist
Should be a great final. My bet is still on Kaori but I would be happy with any of the top 4. Isabeau has such lovely flow and movement. Her jumps can be a little wonky with the deep bend at the beginning and pesky edges. Loena is a powerhouse but I am wondering if her back/hips can endure a perfect LP. Haein also is very lyrical but consistency has been a challenge. My chips are on Kaori.

slider11

Medalist
Even in some part of the YouTube live stream I heard the same, maybe sound technician forgot mute the microphone audio of TS and just volume down instead of mute it the mix output
So does the TS actually shout out the element? I thought it was all digital and judges/tech panel could see on their screen.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Already home...

my take on this :

Korean women outdid the Japanese. I don't think anyone saw that coming considering the prediction threads.
Levito did much better than I expected. Will never be a fan of her jumps, but the rest of her skating is very nice.
Loena brought the house down. Her skating is true, clear and powerful. To me, she is the clear winner of the SP.
Haein's performance though was my favourite. Gosh, her skating is beautiful.
Kaori is still the best skater in the world. Unmatched skating skills and flow. But you cannot make two mistakes in a SP that tightly contested.
Niina did well but I think the judges put her there and her score held on but I think her placement is a tad high.
Maddie : too nervous. You could see it in her eyes. This performance to me is important. She didn't collapse and made it to the LP. I hope she can redeem herself.
Gubanova crumbled.
Very happy for Young You. It was nice to see her so satisfied after a few tough years.
Amber... sigh. It was going so well.
Hana has a lot of energy. Her skating is dynamic and refreshing.
Sad for Mone.... Damn it. that was frustrating.
Mia skated really well and deserved to be skating her LP.
Nina Povey : too bad she is a few tenths away from the LP at 29 years old.
Crowd : amazing.
Food : crazy expensive for meh offerings and huge line-ups as expected so I am eating outside the venue. It's a lot more work but a lot more satisfying.
Staff/crew : no complaints. Everyone is so welcoming. I think they probably appreciate the very refined fans figure skating brings compared to the rowdy hockey drunken fans ;) OKay... just a joke ;)

gotta charge my phone now... and rest for tomorrow. Another long day ahead and I am not sure I will survive the pairs LP considering I got my Max and Deanna wish today... Can I get two wishes in row ? Which lamp do i need to rub ?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Already home...

my take on this :

Korean women outdid the Japanese. I don't think anyone saw that coming considering the prediction threads.
Levito did much better than I expected. Will never be a fan of her jumps, but the rest of her skating is very nice.
Loena brought the house down. Her skating is true, clear and powerful. To me, she is the clear winner of the SP.
Haein's performance though was my favourite. Gosh, her skating is beautiful.
Kaori is still the best skater in the world. Unmatched skating skills and flow. But you cannot make two mistakes in a SP that tightly contested.
Niina did well but I think the judges put her there and her score held on but I think her placement is a tad high.
Maddie : too nervous. You could see it in her eyes. This performance to me is important. She didn't collapse and made it to the LP. I hope she can redeem herself.
Gubanova crumbled.
Very happy for Young You. It was nice to see her so satisfied after a few tough years.
Amber... sigh. It was going so well.
Hana has a lot of energy. Her skating is dynamic and refreshing.
Sad for Mone.... Damn it. that was frustrating.
Mia skated really well and deserved to be skating her LP.
Nina Povey : too bad she is a few tenths away from the LP at 29 years old.
Crowd : amazing.
Food : crazy expensive for meh offerings and huge line-ups as expected so I am eating outside the venue. It's a lot more work but a lot more satisfying.
Staff/crew : no complaints. Everyone is so welcoming. I think they probably appreciate the very refined fans figure skating brings compared to the rowdy hockey drunken fans ;) OKay... just a joke ;)

gotta charge my phone now... and rest for tomorrow. Another long day ahead and I am not sure I will survive the pairs LP considering I got my Max and Deanna wish today... Can I get two wishes in row ? Which lamp do i need to rub ?
A good overview. My take...gonna need some heart meds and O2 mask and margarittas to make it through the FS.

Joekaz

On the Ice
Kaori Sakamoto is not sloppy. Yes, she made a mistake, but her skating skills are fantastic. The mistake would've been even worse if it had not been for her outstanding skills and control.
Kaori isn't normally sloppy, but she was today, that's why I said it. Her 2A was about the only thing she cleanly executed today. Her Lutz, her combo and her step sequence all had errors. It wasn't just a mistake. Lol

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Managed to catch Group 4 onwards. I loved seeing Young You do well, sad for Amber's loop. Lots of errors from the skaters but the top 3 were amazing.

I have a seat in the 200s but the woman behind me kept screaming like she's at a concert. So I saw that the section where Hawayek is doing her DJ gig was mostly empty so moved there for the final 2 flights. I spotted her sitting with Jean Luc, KMT, Weaver and Poje and Alex Johnson.

I may try to sit there for the other events if I can. The arena seemed packed in certain sections and deserted in others.

Also, please be careful if you are on site. I passed by a woman who had fallen outside the venue. She may have broken something. Her friends were getting her help.

SkatersWaltz

On the Ice
I didn't know what to expect from Isabeau, but I'm glad this is how it turned out. The jumps are what they are, but the in betweens are so stunning! Her attention to detail and the beauty of her moves are unmatched in this field.
She’s a lovely skater and it was clean; however, I was struck by how slow she seemed in person relative to everyone else in the last group.
Btw. does anyone know what's the longest "kill count" in the history of figure skating? Mao Asada had a long one in Sochi (should have been longer actually) and Nathan Chan also had a long one iirc.
Might have been Xue and Hongbo in the short program at the 2010 Olympics. They started first because they had been injured and hadn’t really competed all season or something like that and ended up first overall in the standings after the short ( so kill count of 19). They ended up winning the gold medal.

jorge2912

On the Ice
Country
Chile
So does the TS actually shout out the element? I thought it was all digital and judges/tech panel could see on their screen.
Sorry was confused not the TS, it would be strange that, lol 😂 I mean a lapsus of confusion, lol 😂😂

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Loena just had a lights out skate. If somehow she lands behind Isabeau I'm gonna SMH. I mean Isabeau was good and also had tech difficulty but ...

No real WTF moments though in this event from the judges so it shouldn't be the case though.
Loena just had a lights out skate. If somehow she lands behind Isabeau I'm gonna SMH. I mean Isabeau was good and also had tech difficulty but ...

No real WTF moments though in this event from the judges so it shouldn't be the case though.
So true. Right now there is no true artist and we don't exciting 3A and quads. USA might have a gold here or a medal. Amber still did well. Maddie looks like this is it. She doesn't have the tech or the heart. It's too bad Canada's ladies are so weak. Belgium, S. Korea and USA and a disappointing Japan still seem to dominate.

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Btw. does anyone know what's the longest "kill count" in the history of figure skating? Mao Asada had a long one in Sochi (should have been longer actually) and Nathan Chan also had a long one iirc.
Might be a dumb question, but what is a “kill count“. Thanks.