Best "Actors" on ice | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Best "Actors" on ice

mrrice

Record Breaker
Maria Butyrskaya (Live), Ashley Wagner, and Elena Sokolova AKA, Cupcake ;)

Yags, Nabunari Oda, Misha Ge, and Ryan Bradley :love:

Last edited:

Globetrotter

Medalist
Men: Dai Takahashi (ultimo), Jason Brown, Kurt Browning, Plushy, Javi.
Ladies: Lena Radio (best actress), Zhenya Med (most expressive), Drama Wagner. The grand dame of acting = Sasha Cohen. Classiest mysterious actress = Maria Butyrskaya; Classic artist = M Kwan

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Robert de Niro
Meryl Streep
A few Isu judges/tech judges

Warwick360

Medalist
If we're also basing on the past, and I'm basing this mainly on Carmen, I haven't seen better acting on Ice than Katarina Witt. All those poses, preening and expression on ice....If I could, I would have thrown a giant inflatable oscar at her (and this is without taking into account the Carmen on Ice that she did with the 2 Brians, which was simply exquisite).

Last edited:

Tutto

Record Breaker
Of the past -Sasha Cohen - in fact she was interested in pursuing acting career and appeared in Blades of Glory, Moondance Alexander and Bratz: The Movie

Of present, not mentioned yet, Mikhail Kolyada is very expressive and able to stay in character throughout the program. In his last interview he says that Javi impresses him most as actor on ice but his absolute favourite of all times is Philippe Candeloro and his program 'The Four Musketeers':
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsGyPUXHrNA

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Tessa and Scott definitely stand out to me in this regard. It was one of the things that first drew me to them back in 2010 before I knew much about the sport. For me, Gabriella and Guillaume project emotion more clearly than character, at least this season. Both are good things, but they aren't the same. I saw a bit more character from them last season, so I don't mean to imply that they are not good actors, I just wouldn't label them the best yet, imo. I've also been watching Tessa and Scott a lot longer, so I've seen a lot more of their range, which is part of it.

Anna and Luca are obviously great actors as well. And Kaetlyn Osmond's acting in her short this year looks great.

TwinnerA

Final Flight
Country
United-States
As for Ashley Wagner's acting skills on the ice, if you call smirking acting, then she should get an Academy award! She does have very expressive eyes though!

I don't think anybody mentioned Michelle Kwan. I find/found her skating to be very expressive!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Acting: Anna Cappellini & Luca Lanotte, inherent for them. Noteworthy element of their performances both in competition & during exhibition (just watch the one from Boston, great comedy :D ).

This. I love them for exactly this reason.

I'm also gonna throw Alena Leonova out there for her Chaplin program.:thumbsup:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
If I'm gonna pick a current and former:

Men: Fernandez / Browning (I mean, just see his clown program - there's no comparison)
Ladies: Wagner / Witt (she could play anything from showgirl to Carmen to Robin Hood)
Pairs: This is a bit harder because not a lot of pairs programs strike me as "character" pieces (I did like Brasseur/Eisler; and I think Sui and Han choose pieces that they interpret well)
Dance: Gilles/Poirier / Anissina/Peizerat

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Tessa and Scott definitely stand out to me in this regard. It was one of the things that first drew me to them back in 2010 before I knew much about the sport. For me, Gabriella and Guillaume project emotion more clearly than character, at least this season. Both are good things, but they aren't the same. I saw a bit more character from them last season, so I don't mean to imply that they are not good actors, I just wouldn't label them the best yet, imo. I've also been watching Tessa and Scott a lot longer, so I've seen a lot more of their range, which is part of it.

Anna and Luca are obviously great actors as well. And Kaetlyn Osmond's acting in her short this year looks great.

Welcome to Golden Skate SnowWhite! Post often and post long!

Nathan13

Medalist
As for Ashley Wagner's acting skills on the ice, if you call smirking acting, then she should get an Academy award! She does have very expressive eyes though!

I don't think anybody mentioned Michelle Kwan. I find/found her skating to be very expressive!

Ashley does much more than smirk. Particularly in her Moulin Rouge FS (when the music changes to "Someday I'll Fly Away"). Also, her Muse FS is especially poignant for me because of her "acting" on ice--she builds a story.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Due to her spectacular good looks, Madison Chock has always been the focus when I watched Chock and Bates. This year, is the first I realized what a great skater Evan is. He is also a great performer. I'll have to find it but, there's a performance by Tessa and Scott where the Camera follows Scott and he's such a good performer. I was always watching Tessa because like Madison, she's so beautiful that it's easy to miss Scott altogether.

This is it. It's their "Dream A Little Dream Of Me" SD. I absolutely love this program: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTQ4jTQC9z0

Last edited: