Men's Artistic Gymnastics 2015 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Men's Artistic Gymnastics 2015

ioanna

Record Breaker
Hasegawa has been withdrawn due to injury and Naoto Hayasaka (19) is replacing him. Team Japan are now more than half under 20. I'm so worried for them since this is their very first Worlds.
The Veterans are Uchimura, Kato, Kenzo and Tanaka. Kenzo is 19, but he's been to Worlds 2 times already.

I was so sad for Hasegawa, following his progress this year, he tried so hard to make the team for the past few years. He finally made it this time, only to be injured at the last moment. :hopelessness:

Team Japan is going to be hard pressed to beat China now, with a lot of their veterans injured.

Oh no :hopelessness: I know Kato is just recovering from a bad injury and this is the last thing they needed. Uchimura must be very frustrated, to say at least. I still am frustrated because they didn't win last year.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I totally didn't realize there was a thread for the men! I have to say I enjoy the men more than the ladies... more varied skills and very unpredictable.

I think Japan will edge out China for gold. They were pissed last year. Bronze will probably go to GB since Mikulak is out for the US.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I wonder who will take the 3 other direct tickets to Rio!
Dutch sport news is going on and on about the Dutch team, their goal is direct qualification, so among the first eight, right? It would be quite something, we don't exactly have a great history with this. Still, it's nice to watch a sport I can actually root for my countrymen for a change. Not like I can do it with figure skating. :drama:

Weathergal

Medalist
I totally didn't realize there was a thread for the men! I have to say I enjoy the men more than the ladies... more varied skills and very unpredictable.

I think Japan will edge out China for gold. They were pissed last year. Bronze will probably go to GB since Mikulak is out for the US.

Agreed! Also no Jake Dalton for US this year, correct? And no John Orozco. They still have some amazing gymnasts but not enough on their team for Worlds without Mikulak, Dalton, and Orozco.

I was so fortunate to see all of them, and the other members of the Men's National team, as I had tickets for Day 2 Men's event at the 2014 U.S. Nationals. They're even more impressive in person (and even more handsome!).

Mikansei

Learning how to spin
On the Ice
Kohei Uchimura is first after the qualifications even though he had a fall on the floor exercise. Japan is also first in the Team Event after qualification.

ioanna

Record Breaker
Uchimura was called to do his exercise and then they made him wait for 11 minutes because judges were still not done with other gymnasts' scores. He was basically waiting until he got tired and even put his jacket on. He should have been asked to step off the podium so he could continue to warm up. Instead they made him wait and he lost concentration and a place in the floor final, which is one of his best events. Very unprofessional.

Weathergal

Medalist
Kohei Uchimura is first after the qualifications even though he had a fall on the floor exercise. Japan is also first in the Team Event after qualification.

So they qualified ahead of China...interesting. Of course what they're really focused on is the team finals.

The second day of men's qualification is tomorrow and will feature the US, France, Netherland, and Romania, among others.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Uchimura was called to do his exercise and then they made him wait for 11 minutes because judges were still not done with other gymnasts' scores. He was basically waiting until he got tired and even put his jacket on. He should have been asked to step off the podium so he could continue to warm up. Instead they made him wait and he lost concentration and a place in the floor final, which is one of his best events. Very unprofessional.

I was sooo angry that they did that to him. --And when they do it to other gymnasts. It totally ruins their concentration.
He hit his head on one of his tumbling passes and said he blacked out and felt like it was a concussion. I was so scared. He said he didn't want to withdraw because of the team.
Please be careful Uchimura. For me even watching the qualifying is intense and scary!

Of the 'young kids' on team Japan, Kaya did his thing was bright and positive during the whole session. Naoto looked scared and unsure in the last 2 apparatus where he fell off. Kenzo 'saved' Japan's floor routine as he was supposed to.
Kato did as well as could be expected with a bad injury.
I was suprised that they qualified ahead of China.

Of course, all this goes to zero in the Team final. They will need to make the magic happen again and not lose concentration to their nerves.

Weathergal

Medalist
I was sooo angry that they did that to him. --And when they do it to other gymnasts. It totally ruins their concentration.
He hit his head on one of his tumbling passes and said he blacked out and felt like it was a concussion. I was so scared. He said he didn't want to withdraw because of the team.
Please be careful Uchimura. For me even watching the qualifying is intense and scary!

Of the 'young kids' on team Japan, Kaya did his thing was bright and positive during the whole session. Naoto looked scared and unsure in the last 2 apparatus where he fell off. Kenzo 'saved' Japan's floor routine as he was supposed to.
Kato did as well as could be expected with a bad injury.
I was suprised that they qualified ahead of China.

Of course, all this goes to zero in the Team final. They will need to make the magic happen again and not lose concentration to their nerves.

Sorry to hear that happened to Uchimura and that he won't be in the FX finals! More importantly I hope he is OK.

Brenna Dowell had a weird issue during her FX. It appeared that either the wrong music started or something was wrong with hers in some way. She stepped off the mat, but they didn't seem to be able to restart her music so she did her FX without it.

ioanna

Record Breaker

Wow so he really hit his head there! Was it really a concussion? Not surprised he would keep competing anyway, I remember what he said about Yuzuru last year. This is so wrong and now I'm even more upset about what they did to him :mad:

Yusuke Tanaka was doing very well before he fell off the pommel horse and lost his chance to compete in the AA, that's a pity. Ryohei Kato did really well considering the injury, I hope he can keep that up in the final.

Team China always relies on difficulty and they may have lowered their D scores in the qualifications. It's quite possible we will see a different Team China in the finals, they are unpredictable and they placed very close behind Japan in the qualifications anyway.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
They are checking him now...I don't know how bad it was. But when he hit his head it was when he was doing the roll-out at the end of the tumbling pass...that's in the middle of his routine.
He basically did the rest of the routine disoriented, by muscle memory. Maybe it will prove not to be a concussion, but if it is, I want him to be safe, not sorry. He's a father now and has to think about his family.
:cry:

ioanna

Record Breaker
They are checking him now...I don't know how bad it was. But when he hit his head it was when he was doing the roll-out at the end of the tumbling pass...that's in the middle of his routine.
He basically did the rest of the routine disoriented, by muscle memory. Maybe it will prove not to be a concussion, but if it is, I want him to be safe, not sorry. He's a father now and has to think about his family.
:cry:

:hopelessness: I can't believe he nailed his pommel horse, rings, and horizontal bar (I think?) after that. I hope he is fine. :cry:

Shame on them for calling him and making him wait like that, if it turns out to be a concussion someone should take responsibility!

Interspectator

Record Breaker
In other news, Oleg has qualified just behind Uchimura. For the first time, he will be doing the rotation with him, starting on the floor, ending on the HB.

Reynnou

On the Ice
Once again Oleg have troubles on HB and FX but I'm happy with his score. 90 pts with a so-so competition is good. No doubt he'll be better during the final !
He also qualified for the P.bars (he is currently 1st) and will probably be on VT final (he's 4th). He may even qualified for the pommel horse (he's in 6th place right now).
Igor Radivilov is 6th on VT so he may once again reach the final !

Ukraine is only 10th though so they will have to go to the test event to qualify to the Olympics :(

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Once again Oleg have troubles on HB and FX but I'm happy with his score. 90 pts with a so-so competition is good. No doubt he'll be better during the final !
He also qualified for the P.bars (he is currently 1st) and will probably be on VT final (he's 4th). He may even qualified for the pommel horse (he's in 6th place right now).
Igor Radivilov is 6th on VT so he may once again reach the final !

Ukraine is only 10th though so they will have to go to the test event to qualify to the Olympics :(

I want it to be a good fight between Uchimura and Oleg. I want both of them to be in good health and doing their best!
Waiting for news about Uchimura's condition.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Wow so he really hit his head there! Was it really a concussion? Not surprised he would keep competing anyway, I remember what he said about Yuzuru last year. This is so wrong and now I'm even more upset about what they did to him :mad:

Yusuke Tanaka was doing very well before he fell off the pommel horse and lost his chance to compete in the AA, that's a pity. Ryohei Kato did really well considering the injury, I hope he can keep that up in the final.

Team China always relies on difficulty and they may have lowered their D scores in the qualifications. It's quite possible we will see a different Team China in the finals, they are unpredictable and they placed very close behind Japan in the qualifications anyway.

He said, 'I'd do the same if I were him'...and now he's done it. :hopelessness: