Men's Artistic Gymnastics 2015 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Men's Artistic Gymnastics 2015

ioanna

Record Breaker
He said, 'I'd do the same if I were him'...and now he's done it. :hopelessness:

Almost seems unreal. I rewatched his floor routine and he landed right on the top of his head :hopelessness: I dearly hope he doesn't have a concussion. The Japanese men have already replaced one member and they have no alternate left. Knowing him, he would still go out there to compete against China.

I also noticed Koji Yamamuro is there with the coaching team. Did he retire or is he there just to help out?

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Ugh, I just knew it. The ladies were so careful about their predictions, and got direct qualification as a team, and the men were "Oh yeah, we can do this, best eight" and failed. :slink: Even Zonderland didn't qualify for the high bar.
Oh well... Olympic test event, then. :cheer2:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, the American men qualified in 5th, which I think is a minor miracle considering the injuries to Orosco and Mikulak.

Leyva qualifies 4th in AA, while at least one American made event finals in everything except floor.

I find this result to be shockingly good.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
God, I hope Japan wins the Team. I've been waiting YEARS (years as in since Tomita, my favorite, burst onto the scene) and it's LONG overdue!

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Even Zonderland miss qualifying for high bar his specialty. Wow

One of the most upsetting things at these Worlds. :no: My poor Epke. Zanetti (reigning Olympic champion, World silver medalist) out of the SR final, too.

US qualify 5th with 10 points below their QF score last year.

And Dragulescu qualifies 3rd for the vault final (0.1 behind 1st place). Crazy to think he was at his first Worlds in 1999. :eek: Also lighting a candle for the North Korean guy... his poor ankles.

Last edited:

ioanna

Record Breaker
These Worlds qualifications have been full of surprises, and not in a good way. :drama:

Reynnou

On the Ice
And Dragulescu qualifies 3rd for the vault final (0.1 behind 1st place). Crazy to think he was at his first Worlds in 1999. :eek: Also lighting a candle for the North Korean guy... his poor ankles.

So happy for Marian, he's such a nice guy with every gymnast. He deserves that final.

As for the North Korean, I wonder how he still lands his vaults! He had some terrible landings during the podium training :hopelessness:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Uchimura is on the list for ALL the team apparatus.
I think he's going to go all out for the team gold this year.
That may exhaust him for the individual...but he has 5 of those already. He wants to TEAM gold.
He says his neck hurts, but he had yesterday to rest.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Almost seems unreal. I rewatched his floor routine and he landed right on the top of his head :hopelessness: I dearly hope he doesn't have a concussion. The Japanese men have already replaced one member and they have no alternate left. Knowing him, he would still go out there to compete against China.

I also noticed Koji Yamamuro is there with the coaching team. Did he retire or is he there just to help out?

No, he's their replacement. They flew him out asap as soon as Hasegawa got injured. Just in case.

Weathergal

Medalist
Well, the American men qualified in 5th, which I think is a minor miracle considering the injuries to Orosco and Mikulak.

Leyva qualifies 4th in AA, while at least one American made event finals in everything except floor.

I find this result to be shockingly good.

Wow that is much better than I expected with no Orozco or Mikulak and also no Jake Dalton! Also glad and a bit surprised about Danell Leyva. He's been up and down the past few years and still didn't look himself at Nationals.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow that is much better than I expected with no Orozco or Mikulak and also no Jake Dalton! Also glad and a bit surprised about Danell Leyva. He's been up and down the past few years and still didn't look himself at Nationals.

Thank you for subtly correcting my misspelling of "Orozco." :)

I had forgotten Jake Dalton was also off the team, and you are right about Leyva. I thought he was off at Nationals, and I am surprised he qualified this high. I haven't seen any video, but it looks like Team USA had an awful rotation on pommel horse, judging from scores alone.

Two Americans qualify for event finals in rings? That is not a traditional strength of the American team, and they were just barely shy of "winning" that rotation. Very surprising.

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Thank you for subtly correcting my misspelling of "Orozco." :)

I had forgotten Jake Dalton was also off the team, and you are right about Leyva. I thought he was off at Nationals, and I am surprised he qualified this high. I haven't seen any video, but it looks like Team USA had an awful rotation on pommel horse, judging from scores alone.

Two Americans qualify for event finals in rings? That is not a traditional strength of the American team, and they were just barely shy of "winning" that rotation. Very surprising.

Which of the Team American men has the super enthusiastic Coach Dad who is always jumping up and down on the sidelines and yelling? Is it Danel Leyva?

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Which of the Team American men has the super enthusiastic Coach Dad who is always jumping up and down on the sidelines and yelling? Is it Danel Leyva?

Yep, that's Yin Alvarez. His loud and enthusiastic yelling usually consists of him cursing in Spanish when his son does well on an event. :popcorn:

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Yep, that's Yin Alvarez. His loud and enthusiastic yelling usually consists of him cursing in Spanish when his son does well on an event. :popcorn:

It's crazy! The team Japan guys looked faintly amused on one of the previous broadcasts. Must add a bit of spice to the competition. :biggrin:

TMC

Record Breaker
How has Louis Smith been doing?

I know nothing about gymnastics, but I fell in love with him on Strictly Come Dancing :biggrin: