2015 Russian Nationals Ladies SP | Page 30 | Golden Skate

2015 Russian Nationals Ladies SP

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It is sport, therefore it's a little sad that several of these girls won't be at Worlds, whereas far weaker skaters will be.

On a different note, I liked Evgenia, I just wish her programs didn't scream "Points! Points!" so brazenly. I think it's time to limit 'tano to two per SP, and give halfway bonuses to only two jumping passes (you can still do all three in the second half if you wish/if it fits your music, but the system only explicitly rewards doing two).

Limit a jump "feature" to being used once per program. So one 'tano and one Rippon, and then you have to figure out something else to do. That will make points gathering more interesting to watch, at least for me.

It isn't so much that the program says Points. It's a sport. It's that it is not a balanced program at all.

NaVi

Medalist
On a different note, I liked Evgenia, I just wish her programs didn't scream "Points! Points!" so brazenly.

It isn't so much that the program says Points. It's a sport. It's that it is not a balanced program at all.

1. It's kind kind like a video game... f
2. I find it to be really exciting to be honest... because you know there's a build up and then an explosion of jumps.
3. I also don't find it(tanos et al) to be all that aesthetically displeasing. I often find someone tanoing everything more aesthetically pleasing than someone just doing it once because I find one tano to be jarring. There should be diminished returns for tanoing everything, but limiting it to 1 is I think a mistake.

pororocheburashka

On the Ice
Ifall the good russian skaters would be allowed to compete in the Europeans, the other nations would have problems to get to fhe 24 best

Same in female table tennis (ping pong) : n.95 in P.R. of China is better than the n.1 .born- in Europe (so many Chinese competing for European countries lately). The n. 7 in P.R. of China has no chance to play abroad. Never! Even the n. 4 it's on the waiting list.
In the male table tennis there is a Chinese who got a Spanish passport and competed for Spain at the Olympics in 2012.... at the age of 50.

Last edited:

Lfmesquite

Match Penalty
Hey, don't forget Pogorilaya. :)

I didn't that's why I said it could be the big 5, 6, or 7. I already knew about her, but I mention Medvedeva cause I just now realized how good she is, saw her win Juniors but today she took on the Seniors and did great.

Alba

Record Breaker
Same in female table tennis (ping pong) : n.95 in P.R. of China is better than the n.1 .born- in Europe (so many Chinese competing for European countries lately).
In the male table tennis there is a Chinese who got a Spanish passport and competed for Spain at the Olympics in 2012.... at the age of 50.

Love your nickname. :)

MalAssada

Medalist
Agreed, doris and sandpiper. Two jumps in the second half in SP and, say, four in the free. Limit tanos/rippons to no more than half the jumps.

Since we are talking about changing rules, I wish the minimum age for Junior competitions would be lowered so skaters could get more experience before turning seniors at 15... Sorry, this is random.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
It does feel like the top 4 got inflations on their scores, And the others got closer to what they'd get internationally,
But it's nationals, I remember last year some thought Voronov did enough to win or be second, But he was soooo far behind
to Plushenko and Kovtuon who had 90's for components it was never possible, They're gonna do what they wanna do,
At least all the top girls are really deserving.

Caustica

Final Flight
I didn't that's why I said it could be the big 5, 6, or 7. I already knew about her, but I mention Medvedeva cause I just now realized how good she is, saw her win Juniors but today she took on the Seniors and did great.

Well, Pogo is already a senior so it seems unfair to exclude her from the current Big 4.

hanca

Record Breaker
Well, Pogo is already a senior so it seems unfair to exclude her from the current Big 4.

I agree, especially when it is second year that she got into GPF, and she placed last year 4th at worlds. She definitely is in the big 4 (or should we say big five because Liza joined this year).

gotoschool

Medalist
I am not sure she needs much pushing. She has difficult technical content that is well executed and has always been musical (I remember her when she skated at Nats 2-3 years ago and was absolutely adorable). I am impressed with how much her speed and SS have improved this year.

Totally agree with this. I have noticed that her speed seems to have increased a lot since her first event in Corcheval. Also, she projects her expression of the music better than she did earlier this season. Combine that with her elegant lines and extensions, flexible spins, the musicality you mentioned, and the picturesque tano jumps placed late in the program and she should be in the lead, in my opinion. If she wasn't a junior, she probably would be. She's my favorite among female skaters currently competing and I feel an emotional connection to her performances. Though her jumps aren't big, she has beautiful symmetrical revolutions and erect posture. It's too bad she is just a couple of months short of being eligible for Worlds. I would love to see her skate there, if she stays in the top 3.

Last edited:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Woah...judging by the scores these girls threw it down! :bow: Can't believe Yulia's 6th after the short...I really wanted her to have the chance to redeem herself this season... :no:

Lfmesquite

Match Penalty

I said there could be a big 5, 6, or 7. If you're gonna include Pogorilaya in the big 4, then you gotta tell me who's coming out? I can't count her as one of the big 4 without removing one of the ladies that is already in the big 4. Sotnikova, Radionova, Lipnitskaya, Tuktamisheva.

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Woah...judging by the scores these girls threw it down! :bow: Can't believe Yulia's 6th after the short...I really wanted her to have the chance to redeem herself this season... :no:
She's sixth with a skate that would've won the SP in some international competitions.

Lfmesquite

Match Penalty

Lipnitskaya is not out of it yet. I wouldn't count her out yet.