2015 Russian Nationals Ladies SP | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2015 Russian Nationals Ladies SP

makaihime

Final Flight
Yes to Elena! :points: I feel terrible for these girls though....one slip up and there might not be a second chance because so many talents are lined up waiting to your spot in a moments notice. Such is the case for Yulia this season. The pressure must be crazy :hopelessness:

Good luck to Yulia and Elena :clap:

Lfmesquite

Match Penalty
Yes to Elena! :points: I feel terrible for these girls though....one slip up and there might not be a second chance because so many talents are lined up waiting to your spot in a moments notice. Such is the case for Yulia this season. The pressure must be crazy :hopelessness:

Good luck to Yulia and Elena :clap:

Unless Tuktamisheva and Radionova totally collapse or something, I think they are okay about going to Euro's. They're in a pretty good spot, but they still gotta close it out.

Last edited:

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I wonder if recent days development might have done the opposite of what we thought, And Yulia could be sent to defend her european
title even without finishing in the top 3.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Lipnitskaya is not out of it yet. I wouldn't count her out yet.

Well, she'd have to leap-frog at least 3 skaters to just get on the podium, and would need over 4 additional points just to pass Pogo for 4th place. It's not impossible or even statistically difficult, but given Julia's FS this season, it's hard to see her making up much ground.

jagragold

On the Ice
Well, she'd have to leap-frog at least 3 skaters to just get on the podium, and would need over 4 additional points just to pass Pogo for 4th place. It's not impossible or even statistically difficult, but given Julia's FS this season, it's hard to see her making up much ground.
totally agree! her fs season's best is 118

Lfmesquite

Match Penalty
I wonder if recent days development might have done the opposite of what we thought, And Yulia could be sent to defend her european
title even without finishing in the top 3.

Well there was also that talk about Sotnikova getting a spot at Euro's if she's ready, so things could get interesting, but lets see how the free skate turns out.

PyeongChang2018

On the Ice
Perhaps Yulia semi-botching her SP is just what she needs to deliver a worthy FS. She usually does a stellar SP and loses it in the FS. Now that she already is so far from the top, she shouldn't have as much pressure on her shoulders, which could be just what she needs. If she nails it, she could still finish top three.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I'll be pretty shocked if Lipnitskaya has a clean FS ready for this,
But if she does, Just for sheer improvement i'd send her to an international event.

PyeongChang2018

On the Ice
I'll be pretty shocked if Lipnitskaya has a clean FS ready for this,
But if she does, Just for sheer improvement i'd send her to an international event.

If Yulia wins the FS, she should automatically go. If she's second, maybe. Third? I'm not sure.

amc987

On the Ice
^^^ Did her 3T on the end of the 3Z-3T combo get an underrotation call? I mean, two of her jumps didn't seem very secure (3T and 2A), but the rest of the performance was fine. I'm not sure why she's quite so far behind (I could see her being around 70-71 given the way the others were scored).

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
It's amazing that the top 10 scored 60 and above. I am hoping Tuk can pull it out. She had such a rough season last year. Loving her resurgence. Her jumps are to die for especially her lutz. Her technique is really impressive. She jumps better than most men.

emma

Record Breaker
It's amazing that the top 10 scored 60 and above. I am hoping Tuk can pull it out. She had such a rough season last year. Loving her resurgence. Her jumps are to die for especially her lutz. Her technique is really impressive. She jumps better than most men.

I know! I was thinking about how deep the Japanese men are, but my goodness, look at the depth here of the Russian ladies. Truly amazing.

It has been so much fun to watch Tuk this year, and yes, her jumps are just gorgeous to behold. I love this 'come-back girl' and her attitude and energy on the ice this year are, to me, as amazing to watch as her jumps. I hope she nails the LP too!

ETA - ooops, forgot to say that I wanted to thank you all for the pbp's and commentary. It's fun to 'read the comp' when you can't watch it live!

jagragold

On the Ice
I highly doubt Russia would release any of them. All of them can medal at international events if they are consistent.
Not all of them.. there will always be 5 girls at the top (you already know who they are), and they will always be the same (except when injured). The rest won't have the same opportunities on competing internationally even though their scores are high.