2016 Skate America Pairs FS | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate America Pairs FS

Sweet Dream

Final Flight
I feel bad for Morgan, who is so strong during the skate, but... Hopefully he can cool down a bit after the event.

Haven and Brandon are one of the most beautiful pairs teams I have ever seen so far! :love:

What a sad ending to Evgenia and Vladimir... :cry: At least they two fought till the end. :thumbsup: Hopefully Evgenia is not injured. Good luck at next event!

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
for those whining about T/M's bad programs... how do you know the LP is so bad? they couldn't really show us a great performance of it.. and really, with how they skated tonight, the best packaging in the world wouldn't help...

They have all the classic virtues of great Russian pairs skaters and yet they're continually given Schlockfest Music to skate to. You can gild a turn with all the frou frou you have at hand, but if the foundation's a turd, the program will be a turd.

andromache

Record Breaker
for those whining about T/M's bad programs... how do you know the LP is so bad? they couldn't really show us a great performance of it.. and really, with how they skated tonight, the best packaging in the world wouldn't help...

Bad music?

Props to T/M for being so put together during the medal ceremony after their disaster.

whatif

Medalist
Well, they did score 136+ with the same content at ACI a few weeks (although some might say there was hometown inflation there). That said, at the GPF last year, they received PCS of 66+ with a flawed program and here they received only 64+ with a clean program. They were hosed a bit on the PCS for sure.

ACI is a Canadian version of Mordavian Ornament, so not comparable. So for 2 point lower PCS, this is beginning of the season, it will go up.

skatemouse

On the Ice
Haven and Brandon's spectacular outing here shows us that the pairs category at US Nationals will be a bloodbath. Alexa and Chris (if they're healthy), Mervin and Marissa, Tarah and Danny and of course Haven and Brandon - all with two worlds spots on the line.

If D/F show up at Nationals with a single axel and two under rotated sal's and win or cause a blood bath...?? Pairs is doomed. I think with strong programs and two triples in the program are a must for Nationals and World Team for the USA. They got lucky here very. IT is good for their confidence but those jumps? Branden ur and cheated both the sal in SP and LP you just can't do that in a normal competition where everyone is at their best. Or you could pray everyone melts down and you win? Or with him for some reason? he never gets marked down on it ? watch it again. Taking nothing away from their coming back! Although some of the throw landings are scary and I worry about her knee. Good for them for staying on their feet and getting a silver with those jump passes not there. Work on the Death spiral would be good and the twist looks different like she is not getting height and almost hitting his shoulders with her hands going up. Here we go though! GP season on!!!

Last edited:

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Maybe we should rename it to the Canadian Beavertail and award sugary bakery goodness to the winners.

Layback11

Record Breaker
How is it that I'm still overexcitedly fangirling about how great this event was when most of the field bombed? :scratch: Fair judging? The placements I wanted? Probably that. Hey, it doesn't happen often, you know :p and now I feel very smart for putting #jarlie first in my predictions! :biggrin:

Daniel1998

Final Flight
How is it that I'm still overexcitedly fangirling about how great this event was when most of the field bombed? :scratch: Fair judging? The placements I wanted? Probably that. Hey, it doesn't happen often, you know :p and now I feel very smart for putting #jarlie first in my predictions! :biggrin:

Ok, but can we... Think of a better ship name? :rofl2:

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Charlie Bilodeau: still the happiest man in figure skating. Smiling away on the podium while singing the Canadian anthem. :love:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
LOL i agree... but really.. they need to skate better and then we can whine ;)
They have all the classic virtues of great Russian pairs skaters and yet they're continually given Schlockfest Music to skate to. You can gild a turn with all the frou frou you have at hand, but if the foundation's a turd, the program will be a turd.

Bad music?

Props to T/M for being so put together during the medal ceremony after their disaster.

andromache

Record Breaker
Skate America has never been a great event because it's the first major event of the season, but this seems worse than usual.

As "Put Your Hands up and Shout" played during the medal ceremony, boyfriend said: "Why are they playing this? Does anyone feel this right now?" Omg no they do not.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Skate America has never been a great event because it's the first major event of the season, but this seems worse than usual.

As "Put Your Hands up and Shout" played during the medal ceremony, boyfriend said: "Why are they playing this? Does anyone feel this right now?" Omg no they do not.

That song is definitely more suitable for a wedding reception.

andromache

Record Breaker
LOL i agree... but really.. they need to skate better and then we can whine ;)

Ughhh...I just feel like they could skate better with different programs and a coach who viewed them as their top priority! THAT is what is so frustrating.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No.. I can't forget because J/C's program is so good...what a pity that they can't manage to show it with full potential. I'm glad for S/B and D/F though.

Yeah, but since they did a much better job with it earlier in the season I'm happily forgetting tonight's rendition...