2016 Rostelecom Cup Free Dance | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup Free Dance

Lota

Record Breaker
The battle for a GPF place is real though. If C/B and B/S are in, there are only 4 more spots... P/C, Shibs, W/P, C/L, V/M, G/P, H/D and probably someone else I'm forgetting... Yikes! :shocked:

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
Over slept and missed the whole thing. Looking at the results, all I can think is "What the H-E- Hockey sticks is going on with Chock/Bates"? Looking forward to watching this later and reading through the thread to find the answer.

matcha

Medalist
The battle for a GPF place is real though. If C/B and B/S are in, there are only 4 more spots... P/C, Shibs, W/P, C/L, V/M, G/P, H/D and probably someone else I'm forgetting... Yikes! :shocked:

France will clear a lot of things up with who places 2nd and third with G/P and H/D. I'm curious to see how they'll score internationally outside of their home country.

Over slept and missed the whole thing. Looking at the results, all I can think is "What the H-E- Hockey sticks is going on with Chock/Bates"? Looking forward to watching this later and reading through the thread to find the answer.

Evan made a mistake in twizzle and if I'm not mistaken they got only about 2.5 for that.

Marta25

Medalist

C/L are pretty much out with their 4th place. It`s probably going to be P/C, V/M, B/S, C/B, Shibs and either G/P or H/D. G/P have probably the better chance because of their higher total. H/D`s Short Dance is really killing them this season.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Ah. Thanks. Beaver is slang for something else here. I was wondering if this was some sort of shade I wasn't getting.

Kittosuni

Medalist

I think V/M, Shibs and P/C should be ok so the last spot is between G/P and H/D

slider11

Medalist
Wow...I think I agree with whoever says that this was a weak ice dance showing. B/S had awkward lifts and were far apart in their dance moves which were unfinished at time. Lots of drama but ragged performance. I don't get the 112. I'm starting to like the C/B FD but it was not as crisp as Skate Canada and certainly the twizzle error was major. Back to back competitions half a world apart may not have been a good strategy. W/P's FD has alot of potential but I'm curious why it still is not very polished. I actually think their 108 was deserved. Maybe their strategy is to hold back and earn the big scores when it really counts, like Worlds. They likely won't make GPFs which is too bad because I don't see B/S as superior.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
While the results are a little..unpredictable I think as far as the free dance goes that was pretty fair. Chock and Bates would have won but that was a huge mistake in the twizzles. I think it was lost by C/B rather than won by B/S.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Just like the scores at Skate America & Skate Canada for their skaters too.

Eh. B/S were correct in both programs, even if it lacked some more emotional connection to the music. Most of the judges seemed to think it was enough for those scores, so I'm more than okay with that. The result was fair, either way. They certainly didn't win based on PCS, which is what happened other times.

Kittosuni

Medalist
i think this is the second time this season has B/S already beat C/B. each time C/B made costly errors.

moon

On the Ice
It doesnt have to be home cooking. Its about how judges can be aligned to give your skater good GOEs and PCS or mark other skaters down and in turn receive some sort of benefit in the present or future for one of their skaters. If there happens to be a good amound of judges that are amenable then poof like magic your skater does well.
Just like the scores at Skate America & Skate Canada for their skaters too.

MidnightSkater

On the Ice
B/S FD is not really my cup of tea but I do like their SD & do think they deserved to win. I like their open style of skating.
I don't see the hate for B/S winning just because it's in their home country. The Shibs got inflated marks at Skate America just like C/B did for the past two years before that. It's only ever seen as a bad thing when it happens in "Big Bad Russia".

Nathan13

Medalist

I think its going to be C/B, B/S, Shibs, P/C, V/M, and then a battle between Gilles/Poirier and Hub/Don (I think it will go to G/P). C/L are pretty much out with a 4th and an almost guaranteed 4th at NHK.

sneakers

Match Penalty
so B/S are in for GPF ?
that costly error from Bates lost their chance for gold, It was the right placement, and B/S were marked down at skate america to prop Hubbel/Donohue for silver, poetic justice I say.