Figure Skating Anime | Page 51 | Golden Skate

Figure Skating Anime

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
^Yes. JJ reminded me very much of Patrick, did he not remind you also?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

Not at all :) I thought it was very interesting because I couldn't see any Canadian skater with parents as ice dance champions... and also the fact that JJ would have pretty much the highest base value and is younger and would have siblings in the sport... I didn't think at all about Patrick there.

Sugiady

On the Ice
There are many skaters, who've made it publicly known to be fans of the show (the bolded ones were referenced or directly involved): e.g. Johnny Weir, Denis Ten, Stéphane Lambiel, Deniss Vasiljevs, Adam Rippon, Nobunari Oda, Takahiko Kozuka, Evgenia Medvedeva...

No statements by Yuzuru (or Tatsuki) as far as I know, but we might hear Daisuke's opinion soon. ;)

Btw. Ms. Kubo and Ms. Yamamoto met Deniss and Chris Trevisan in Switzerland during the Art on Ice tour a few days ago. My gut-feeling tells me they talked to Stéphane and Daisuke as well. I wonder, if they discussed a 2nd season?

https://twitter.com/ChrisTrevisan/status/828950225712721921

And now we have Xiaoyu Yu from Chinese pairs, who just win ASW gold last week, loves YOI too:)
And Boyang Jin, he was recommend to watch but he found it boring LOL

synesthesia

Final Flight
Country
Germany
... and i am pretty sure you guys have seen this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4EpMk3UXho

but i thought, wow this guy is so good, why not posting...

Agree, he's fantastic! I was wondering, why we hadn't heard of him before!

anyways, the "human version" ... looks very much like yuzu's kinds of steps, with patrick's spins to me... but i am sure you guys have discussed long and large what living skaters yuri reminds you of ;) so no need to really elaborate...

To my knowledge Yuri has been compared to almost each and every relatively current male skater in existence. (obviously exaggerating a bit ;)) I agree with you on the spins btw.

Sugiady

On the Ice
Agree, he's fantastic! I was wondering, why we hadn't heard of him before!

The guy in the video is Peitong Chen, Chinese figure skater for men's single. He was born in 1989, 20th July. He won national junior champion twice, and get 12th in JGPF in 2003. But he struggled between 8th to 4th in national competitions after going to senior group in the next 9 years, and never being able to be selected into Chinese senior national team. It's very normal that he was not known during those years. But he used to be famous in China since he once skated in GUNDAM Seed's costume in 2008's China Winter Game.
He is a professional figure skating coach now. Sometimes he was invited to performance in local ice show. He said in his social media that YOI made he regretted for not working hard enough to give all he have in his competition years.
Good luck, Peitong!

Pryvian

Spectator

Nah, JJ is much more of Brian Joubert ;) I mean, they both are dazzling skaters, very, very self-confident and amazing jumpers. And do you remember Worlds 2009 when he was so sure that he'll win, and he was 1st after the SP and then he lost not only gold but also silver in the FS? It looks quite similar to JJ and GP, doesn't it? ;)

Barb

Record Breaker
Someone uploaded some videos of the YoI soundtracked dubbed over some real life performances:

Maia and Alex Shibutani to "Yuri on Ice"

[/url]

what was this person thinking? :rofl2: their beautiful program look so ridiculous with that speed. I had seen people modify the music to fit the program or they cut parts of the program to fit to the music, but modify the speed at that ridiculous velocity?, you can´t appreciate their skating :disapp:.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Nah, JJ is much more of Brian Joubert ;) I mean, they both are dazzling skaters, very, very self-confident and amazing jumpers. And do you remember Worlds 2009 when he was so sure that he'll win, and he was 1st after the SP and then he lost not only gold but also silver in the FS? It looks quite similar to JJ and GP, doesn't it? ;)

totally... especially in 2008 when he was all about how he should win because he has quads but not jeffrey... and also because of the french. i couldn't see any canadian skater like jj... oh and joubert starts with a j... :)

sallycinnamon

Medalist
Yurio looks awesome.:rock:

Any hopes for a 2nd season? :confused: Usually how long does it take between two seasons when it comes to anime? (Sorry I'm not into these types of things in general)

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Yurio looks awesome.:rock:

Any hopes for a 2nd season? :confused: Usually how long does it take between two seasons when it comes to anime? (Sorry I'm not into these types of things in general)

Considering the DVD sales they're getting, I seriously doubt there won't be a second season. Now when, that's not yet known and I'm not sure what the typical wait is.

sallycinnamon

Medalist
No, quite the contrary. It's because they're THAT good that I believe we'll have a second season for sure. Sorry, maybe I double negative'ed too much in my sentence. :laugh:

Ah okay, totally misunderstood it yes tbh partly because of the double negative but mainly because I should read more carefully :eek::

I think the possibility of a 2nd season is really high but the wait is a bit too long :laugh: