Figure Skating Anime | Page 52 | Golden Skate

Figure Skating Anime

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
It's beautiful with or without the dub, IMO.

I don't usually like when YOI music is used with actual programs because it just feels wrong, but there is this one edit of Yuzuru's LGC to Theme of King JJ that fits so incredibly well I am kind of impressed.

Found it

Last edited:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
No, quite the contrary. It's because they're THAT good that I believe we'll have a second season for sure. Sorry, maybe I double negative'ed too much in my sentence. :laugh:

It made perfect sense to me tough, probably because I have double negatives in my native language ;)

And I think we won't wait especialy long for second season. I mean, probably will be in Autumn, like last year, since I'm guessing they started working on it soon after first one ended and they realized how much money they can earn. Unless there is so much work, they won't handle it. But I guess they have enough money to hire more workers now if needed :)

aynia

On the Ice
There's an article on YoI in last month's edition of kuroneko, a German magazine - no news but I hope the anime got enough attention it will be licensed outside Japan. :)

Wildstorm

Rinkside
I really hope with a second season they improve the skating animation slightly. I can't complain about it much as is, as I love love love the anime and think they did a super job of paying attention to detail. And I'm really happy they have animated entire programs.
That is my hope for an improvement in season 2. It is a little sketchy and off sometimes and the movements are a little weird, ya know?
Either way I am super pumped for 'Welcome to the Madness' and S2

Jennifer Lyon

On the Ice
I really hope with a second season they improve the skating animation slightly. I can't complain about it much as is, as I love love love the anime and think they did a super job of paying attention to detail. And I'm really happy they have animated entire programs.
That is my hope for an improvement in season 2. It is a little sketchy and off sometimes and the movements are a little weird, ya know?
Either way I am super pumped for 'Welcome to the Madness' and S2

Creating all those programs and animating every move is an enormous job, especially for someone who isn't an elite-level coach or choreographer. I've made up plenty of fictional skating programs, but since it's in the form of a novel I don't have to show the audience EVERYTHING.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Creating all those programs and animating every move is an enormous job, especially for someone who isn't an elite-level coach or choreographer. I've made up plenty of fictional skating programs, but since it's in the form of a novel I don't have to show the audience EVERYTHING.

They actually hired Kenji Miyamoto to choreograph the programs, but I think people do underestimate how hard it was to animate them. The director recently said in an interview that the idea was rejected many times because animation studios thought it would be too difficult.

JuliaHols

On the Ice
I wish someone could put together an ice show with all the YOI programs XD It'd be pretty cool. Like you said, the music is awesome and Kenji did a really good job choreographing.

YES YES YES TO THIS! I think it'll be amazing! Part of why I like the anime is because of all the music. The Yuri On Ice soundtrack is my favourite and it's so beautiful and difficult to play (I've been trying for a couple of weeks still can't get it up to full speed cause it's so fast)
I tried to make a montage of yuzuru's H&L to this soundtrack. Turned out pretty great IMO. But I don't dare post it or share it since some people will get offended and say things like I'm being disrespectful to Yuzuru which I'm not because I really really love him and have been a big fan for a while now. It's not like I'm saying Yuzuru is Yuri (in fact I think they differ greatly in personality and story) I just like how Hope and Legacy is about yuzuru's skating career and how Yuri on Ice programs about Yuri's career and i think the music is really fitting

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
I have to admit, that embarrassingly enough, until two days ago I thought Yuri on Ice was some sort of an ice show... But it didn't make sense at one point so I looked it up. And I am hooked!!! :laugh:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Just started to watch my first episode of Yuri On Ice... hah it's cray and I love it already. Also, it's astonishing that Nathan Chen is essentially doing Victor's program difficulty!!! And I noticed they used Patrick Chan's combination spin too! Thank goodness I didn't see this yesterday, or my whole weekend would have been used up. :p

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Just started to watch my first episode of Yuri On Ice... hah it's cray and I love it already. Also, it's astonishing that Nathan Chen is essentially doing Victor's program difficulty!!! And I noticed they used Patrick Chan's combination spin too! Thank goodness I didn't see this yesterday, or my whole weekend would have been used up. :p

i watched all episodes at once.... :) and yes for patrick's combo spin... let me know who you think the canadian skater guy in here is ;) it's certainly not patrick ;)

charmblade

Final Flight
I started it last Monday and finished on Friday. Fun show, but I think I enjoyed binging it more than I would having to wait for a new episode each week. It was fun to try and identify who the characters' looks might be based on plus see some real-life skater cameos. I was very impressed with the music and I'm waiting for some skater to use some of the music for a program or exhibition.

(I've had Yuri's SP music stuck in my head all week)