2017 CS US International Classic Mens FS | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2017 CS US International Classic Mens FS

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Where has he been since then? I only started following men's skating last year.

Getting chosen for Worlds then getting booted off by Skate Canada so their favoured young one could go. Who promptly screwed it up.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
tough as canada only has two spots... but liam has made a lot of progress compared to last year and the year before... of course, he has been injured and so on.. but he tried two very nice quads tonight... one fall but yeah... he should be on the podium here which may help his confidence
Who are the biggest contenders for the second spot? Reynolds and Nguyen?

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Nathan and Max and Liam made some serious arguments for being on their respective Oly teams. Of course it's early but quite a start.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Getting chosen for Worlds then getting booted off by Skate Canada so their favoured young one could go. Who promptly screwed it up.

oh please... how many times will you bring this up... liam was NOT in good shape and it was good he didn't go to boston... where he would not even have qualified for the LP considering his SP scores that year...

this is getting tiring... why can't you just rejoice, like the rest of us, that TONIGHT, he did well.. and mind you, still two falls... so that shows how much work he has achieved and much he still need to accomplish.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Liam looked so happy with his coach. Way to go!

Of all the La La Land performances we were supposed to get, this is the first one I've actually seen this season. And it was actually a good fit for him.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
and you can add Nadeau, Messing and perhaps even Sadovsky. All these guys have quads as well.....which is something Liam didn't have until ... now.
I don't know the other three. What about Elladj Balde? It will be a tough competition this year for the Canadian men I think!!!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a nice looking group of men on the podium.

I hope these are their real costumes, and not stand-ins until the garishness gets delivered.

Not a spangle or sequin or feather or ruffle on the podium. The closest thing to "adornment" is a neck tie.

I like it.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

He had a history of bombing at international events and asked to be left off the Worlds team, passing the responsibility of getting 3 Olympic spots for Canada to Nam and of course Patrick. He might have bowed to the popular opinion of the time but got a lot of goodwill with that. He couldn't lose however Nam would do. Of course Canada then ended up with only 2 spots any way.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I don't know the other three. What about Elladj Balde? It will be a tough competition this year for the Canadian men I think!!!

Sad to say but even with all of the talent Balde has he is probably done. Stick a fork in him.

He can't get the jumps under him to compete anymore. :(

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

elladj is a bit like Liam... in 2014... he was edged out for the games... by ... Liam ;) then Elladj went to worlds.... but he has had issues with all sorts of injuries and untimely bad performances, especially at nationals... so Balde is actually the kind of guy who has won a Challenger Series (Nebelhorn) landing his quad toe... but has never even earned a podium at Canadian Nationals...

both he and Liam are planning to retire this year... I think they will both go to Worlds but most likely not to Olympics (granted that the two guys who go to the games may not want to compete in Milan)

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Look at Liam. He's smiling so much his face is gonna hurt tomorrow. Good for him! :luv17: