2017 CS US International Classic Mens FS | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2017 CS US International Classic Mens FS

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think he will work out the kinks! I got a great feeling watching him tonight. He's fired up!!

let's hope so... but his score, 40 points above his PB tells you A LOT about the problems he had in the post 2014 seasons... i am so happy for him right now... you have no idea. I just hope he finds his confidence and joy back.. i was at Nationals last year, and if you want to cry, just watch his LP.... tonight is so much of a happy night... i am so thrilled!

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
elladj is a bit like Liam... in 2014... he was edged out for the games... by ... Liam ;) then Elladj went to worlds.... but he has had issues with all sorts of injuries and untimely bad performances, especially at nationals... so Balde is actually the kind of guy who has won a Challenger Series (Nebelhorn) landing his quad toe... but has never even earned a podium at Canadian Nationals...

both he and Liam are planning to retire this year... I think they will both go to Worlds but most likely not to Olympics (granted that the two guys who go to the games may not want to compete in Milan)
Oh my gosh I need to get up to date on my Canadian history.

Whenever Alaine Chartrand comes on I tell Hugo, "Look it's your favorite." I even got him an Alaine Chartrand postcard when I went to Skate America. But it didn't really work. He is more of a Medvedeva and Laurine kind of guy. However today he said, "Look it's Joshi and her ponytail!" I was so impressed. (tangent...)

waxel

Final Flight
BOLD PREDICTIONS Ok, not really but for an early 'B' competish ... this had some stirring performances.

* If Max continues to skate like this (and, of course, improve...) he will make the OLYS team.

* Liam Firus has put himself in the international spotlight. (Does he have GP spots? Too lazy to research.)

* Nathan Chen will medal at OLYS. (Detest the SP music but still like the program. LP is magnificent already, with ample room to improve.)

Let's hope the season continues with this kind of promise for all!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Protocols are up, and I'm going to need a minute after seeing Nathan's planned elements.

Quad Toeloop+Double Loop+Triple Flip
:jaw:

Something is odd about those planned elements. I think there are more jumping passes than allowed. Also, I don't think the combo you reference is possible, unless the 2Loop is meant to be a half-loop. Otherwise, he'd be on the wrong edge for a flip jump.

That 4L got some good GOE, too.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Oh my gosh I need to get up to date on my Canadian history.

Whenever Alaine Chartrand comes on I tell Hugo, "Look it's your favorite." I even got him an Alaine Chartrand postcard when I went to Skate America. But it didn't really work. He is more of a Medvedeva and Laurine kind of guy. However today he said, "Look it's Joshi and her ponytail!" I was so impressed. (tangent...)

tell hugo mr chartrand skated tonight ;) (bennet)... i was right with the carrot soup he got... 3... but it's not as bad as usually...

- - - Updated - - -

BOLD PREDICTIONS Ok, not really but for an early 'B' competish ... this had some stirring performances.

* If Max continues to skate like this (and, of course, improve...) he will make the OLYS team.

* Liam Firus has put himself in the international spotlight. (Does he have GP spots? Too lazy to research.)

* Nathan Chen will medal at OLYS. (Detest the SP music but still like the program. LP is magnificent already, with ample room to improve.)

Let's hope the season continues with this kind of promise for all!

no gp spots for liam

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
tell hugo mr chartrand skated tonight ;) (bennet)... i was right with the carrot soup he got... 3... but it's not as bad as usually...

- - - Updated - - -

no gp spots for liam
That's her husband? The one who skated to the hobbits?
What carrot soup?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Eladj..:cry: I'm still sad about what happened to him at nationals last year... 3rd going into the long and then.. ack.

Nice skating from Nathan. Good for Liam and Max.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Sad to say but even with all of the talent Balde has he is probably done. Stick a fork in him.

He can't get the jumps under him to compete anymore. :(

Balde may not have stepped on the podium except for once, but he has been invited to step on international show ice to perform plenty a time, thank you very much. He is a rare case of a very popular performer without competitive success. He will have a career going doing major shows.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Something is odd about those planned elements. I think there are more jumping passes than allowed. Also, I don't think the combo you reference is possible, unless the 2Loop is meant to be a half-loop. Otherwise, he'd be on the wrong edge for a flip jump.

That 4L got some good GOE, too.

Yeah, there's no way that's his actual PPC. 9 jumping passes with only two combos, and only 2 spins.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Balde may not have stepped on the podium except for once, but he has been invited to step on international show ice to perform plenty a time, thank you very much. He is a rare case of a very popular performer without competitive success. He will have a career going doing major shows.
He's so emotional. I really like him.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
That's her husband? The one who skated to the hobbits?
What carrot soup?

boyfriend ;)

carrot : UR = < (one carrot) Downgrade = << ( 2 carrots)... Bennet got many all summer... so he only got 3 for his soup tonight... it will be more of a broth... :)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
boyfriend ;)

carrot : UR = < (one carrot) Downgrade = << ( 2 carrots)... Bennet got many all summer... so he only got 3 for his soup tonight... it will be more of a broth... :)

He should stop making soup and bake a cake!

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

Uh. That wasn't a cut on Balde as he's one of my faves. And if you know anything about my posts here you will know that most of my faves are artistic, showmen and so on.

It's not always about the podium.

The poster I responded to asked about Balde's chances at the Olympics and I stated my opinion on that topic. Not if I think he's an amazing performer.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Uh. That wasn't a cut on Balde as he's one of my faves. And if you know anything about my posts here you will know that most of my faves are artistic, showmen and so on.

It's not always about the podium.

The poster I responded to asked about Balde's chances at the Olympics and I stated my opinion on that topic. Not if I think he's an amazing performer.

I didn't take you as cutting Balde. Nothing personal in my post.