2017 CS US International Classic Mens FS | Page 16 | Golden Skate

2017 CS US International Classic Mens FS

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, I go away to just watch and not comment, and we start talking about my second favorite Canadian, Elladj? (well, close to it). Although now we have Nic, and when he is on, Liam.

Unfortunately, consistency has never been Liam's or Elladj's middle name, but so glad to see Liam do well here!:hap10: However, folks, not to be a killjoy (oh, what the heck why should I change now:laugh:), I believe Elladj actually won Nebelhorn, didn't he? The same year he came in 10th at NHK? Sigh.....

And I was hoping Timmy D. would make a better case for the TBA at SA, but that may be up to "Boss Miner" now.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Just so you know, Shin Amano is the biggest carrot gifter. He doesn't sit on the tech Panel of major Men events though.

Ah..Shin..everyones favourite gifter of root vegetables.

I'm still waiting for my ugliest jump in the world (that would be: <<< e )

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just so you know, Shin Amano is the biggest carrot gifter. He doesn't sit on the tech Panel of major Men events though.

I wish he was th tech caller on all competitions. Men and ladies.

Good technique gets rewarded. Poor technique does not. That's how it should work.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I wish he was th tech caller on all competitions. Men and ladies.

Good technique gets rewarded. Poor technique does not. That's how it should work.

Heck while we are at it lets set him lose on the dancers!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, I go away to just watch and not comment, and we start talking about my second favorite Canadian, Elladj? (well, close to it). Although now we have Nic, and when he is on, Liam.

Unfortunately, consistency has never been Liam's or Elladj's middle name, but so glad to see Liam do well here!:hap10: However, folks, not to be a killjoy (oh, what the heck why should I change now:laugh:), I believe Elladj actually won Nebelhorn, didn't he? The same year he came in 10th at NHK? Sigh.....

And I was hoping Timmy D. would make a better case for the TBA at SA, but that may be up to "Boss Miner" now.

Well, if Liam doesn't have any GP assignments, I'd hope SA would give him good consideration. He deserves it more than the Americans you mention at this stage.

begin

Medalist
Goodness me, Nathan's programs have got me in tizzy :love::love::love:

Boy you are NOT allowed to retire after this season!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, if Liam doesn't have any GP assignments, I'd hope SA would give him good consideration. He deserves it more than the Americans you mention at this stage.

From a practical point of view, we all know that the US is not going to name a non-American to the roster.;)

And I would disagree based on one comp that Liam "deserves" it more than American men. Timmy D. (deservedly) finished ahead of Yaroslav and Max at the comp I attended, so judging on one comp, let's send Timmy D.

By the time Thanksgiving rolls around, who knows what will have happened:biggrin:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
From a practical point of view, we all know that the US is not going to name a non-American to the roster.;)

And I would disagree based on one comp that Liam "deserves" it more than American men. Timmy D. (deservedly) finished ahead of Yaroslav and Max at the comp I attended, so judging on one comp, let's send Timmy D.

By the time Thanksgiving rolls around, who knows what will have happened:biggrin:

I don't think SA is obliged to offer to an American, although I'm not sure how often they've gone outside... but other GP's offer to other fed skaters frequently.

And, yes. at this moment in time, Liam deserves it more. You're right. That may change. But at this moment, neither Tim nor Ross has skated nearly as well as Liam did in this competition.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Of the programs we've seen in competitions this week so far, Nathan's and Wakaba's have stood out as interesting, and a good match for the skater. That was a beautiful program from Nathan, both SP and LP.
Muraaaa....please get it together. I liked Kazuki a lot too.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I don't think SA is obliged to offer to an American, although I'm not sure how often they've gone outside... but other GP's offer to other fed skaters frequently.

And, yes. at this moment in time, Liam deserves it more. You're right. That may change. But at this moment, neither Tim nor Ross has skated nearly as well as Liam did in this competition.

Well Ross has two senior B's coming up, including one next week.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well Ross has two senior B's coming up, including one next week.

True. Which is why I caveated with "at this moment in time."

We'll see how he does in upcoming comps. He might earn my support for that SA spot. He doesn't have it yet.

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I'm in love with Nathan's long program! He made an amazing choice, I've watched the movie with my mother, the story is really interesting, would recommend.

Liam did an amazing job tonight and his La La Land is done really well, he may not have a GP spot but I hope that after tonight Skate Canada can find him another Challenger to go to or something.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
True. Which is why I caveated with "at this moment in time."

We'll see how he does in upcoming comps. He might earn my support for that SA spot. He doesn't have it yet.

Fair enough. Keep in mind that other host countries who tossed back GP spots literally had no options for them. That's not the case for the US.

Skate Canada didn't give Japan a spot when its men's program was much weaker a few years back...so why should the US do it?

Good for Liam, though. I hope he gets some additional assignments, whether GP or another senior B.

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Fair enough. Keep in mind that other host countries who tossed back GP spots literally had no options for them. That's not the case for the US.

Skate Canada didn't give Japan a spot when its men's program was much weaker a few years back...so why should the US do it?

Good for Liam, though. I hope he gets some additional assignments, whether GP or another senior B.

and i think it was Japan who had an unused spot that wasn't offered to kevin reynolds wasn't it?

Host countries rarely give out their home spots to other countries... i think it's fair.... not just for the federation who invest money on skaters, but for the home crowd.... it's nice to go to an event and have more than one skater from your home country to root for : i am sure most American fans will prefer tim ross or sean over liam and that's just normal