2017 GP Skate Canada Mens SP | Page 40 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate Canada Mens SP

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I did not mean to insult but that's the exact content minus a 3a that most top ladies ladies these days do. Just saying. I mean we now even have few junior ladies with harder tech content than that. I am sorry if it hurts some fans feelings. But it's the truth. I am sure Jason Brown is a very nice guy. Good luck to him.

I hear you, especially because he said clearly in the summer that his plans were 2 quads in the short, and then you have this which in my opinion is a little outdated just as much as the ladies who don't have a 3-3.

The slightly irritating part is that he doesn't have many transitions on his jumps, so i don't think all these +3s for him are justified. (though great height, nice delay and flow on all the elements)

Sam L

Medalist
I don't care about the TES, Patrick's SP is beautiful. Hoping he can catch Shoma in the Free.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
What happened to Patrick's 4S? Shouldn't he be putting it out in competitions? Olympics is 4 months away.

He didn't feel comfortable with it in his new programs and decided to put joy of skating and program presentation first. It's likely to be back later.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Less is more with Chan's understated program. There are so many things that are done in those movements and edgework that speak for themselves to pros. Everything doesn't always have to be boom bash smash in your face and jump and kick all over the place to get the job done.

:2thumbs:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Less is more with Chan's understated program. There are so many things that are done in those movements and edgework that speak for themselves to pros. Everything doesn't always have to be boom bash smash in your face and jump and kick all over the place to get the job done.

you beat me to it :)

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I hear you, especially because he said clearly in the summer that his plans were 2 quads in the short, and then you have this which in my opinion is a little outdated just as much as the ladies who don't have a 3-3.

The slightly irritating part is that he doesn't have many transitions on his jumps, so i don't think all these +3s for him are justified. (though great height, nice delay and flow on all the elements)

He got 3 +3s on his 3Z (which also had an arm variation) and none on his other jumps.... hardly seems like that many +3s really.

blueberryhill

On the Ice
How so? As I've pointed out, Chan isn't really using the music here. There were also numerous instances where he did the arms out wide to highlight the "drama" of the program. I actually LIKE Chan as a skater, but I think this program missed the mark in terms of interpretation. The spins just happened to be spinning and the changes did not match the music, either.

My thing with Jason's program is that he used every beat of the music well, and the choreography went RIGHT with the music. Not only that, every single element in the program was highlighted inside of the music, versus the issues with Chan's spins not matching up well.

Here's my question: how come I got warned for teasing a Canadian fan about "inflation" but you get away with insulting my "judgement"? :scratch2:

Seriously, though, I think there are room for a lot of different opinions about choreography. Personally, I was thrilled to see Shoma Uno win the short. THAT was the program of the night in my opinion.
On the forum you're not allowed to use any type of "flation" ie. inflation, javiflation, etc. It has nothing to do with insulting a Canadian.

Kutien

Final Flight
1Shoma UNO JPN103.621video
2Patrick CHAN CAN94.432video
3Jason BROWN USA90.713video
4Alexander SAMARIN RUS84.024video
5Keegan MESSING CAN82.175
6Jorik HENDRICKX BEL82.086video
7Michal BREZINA CZE80.347video
8Takahito MURA JPN74.828video
9Nicolas NADEAU CAN74.239
10Paul FENTZ GER68.4810
11Jun Hwan CHA KOR68.4611
12Brendan KERRY AUS63.1912video

notonmylife15

On the Ice

Yes, and that's why I love many skaters. But this program just didn't sync for me.

whatif

Medalist
I was going to say ridiculous. Jason is overscored as usual.

No way that program should have scored just a few points less that Patrick.

Jason should have been somewhere closer to Samarin and Messing, imho. I mean Misha Ge, who I would compare him to, got with a better skate only 85 at COR.

notonmylife15

On the Ice
well thanks for sharing your opinion but let me just say one thing : I disagree... to me DITW is one of Patrick's best programs... it's an ethereal song, do not expect it to be filled with superfluous turns, steps and gimmicks....

Patrick floats on the ice with speed that matches the musical line of the instruments here. It is a beautifully conceived and balanced program with musical highlights all the way through it...

watch it again... Patrick stops with the music, changes direction in synch with musical inflections, times the spins efficiently with highlights in the soundtrack...

the elements are woven in a seamless performance : very few skaters can do that.

I feel sorry that you cannot appreciate one of best skaters ever.

Please go back and re-read my post. I went out of my way to compliment Chan and explain I like his skating - just not this program.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Please go back and re-read my post. I went out of my way to compliment Chan and explain I like his skating - just not this program.

no need to go out of your way to express how you like a skater... i read your post but disagree with your judgment of musical composition and interpretation... so i am simply telling you why... you are welcome to disagree with me. I have no problem with that.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
FS skating position is up.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/gpcan2017/SEG002.HTM

Shoma is skating (10) before Patrick (11) and obviously Brown is always the final skater (12).

Good, he skates his best in that position.

Brendan to go first. Hopefully he won't have time to get nervous and he won't have had to wait for anyone else and he'll go out there and he'll land all three quads and his Pink Floyd will turn out fabulous and he'll score big and make up lots of places. Right? RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!!?