2017 GP Cup of China Pairs FS | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Cup of China Pairs FS

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
My stream died just before K'n'C of Sui / Han ok ... always better than during their skate at least.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Unfortunately with the bonus taken out, it's unlikely to happen.

Well, the quads are in, And judges do get carried away in Olympic seasons sometimes
Arguably if Sui had landed that SBS jump with +3 they would've been pretty much in the record's territory
D\R and S\K got within a point in the past too,
A clean program from S\M might also do it

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Umm, not when it's copying

You need to be original to be a champion

otherwise everyone would just copy their favourite programs and costumes

This is my biggest criticism of this program. Turandot is S/Z's signature piece, so to win the Olympics, while a nice homage, isn't really building your own legacy.

Lota

Record Breaker
I still don't quite like these two together. Peng/Jin are quite nice. But I still, by a loooooooong shot, prefer the team of Yu/Jin. Had they been given the benefit of the doubt, I do actually think they'd be medal contenders by now :shame: #foreverbitter

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
So true... but then i think sentimentality tribute to the master is a worthy thing too, especially with their blessing.

It's a cultural thing. For us, it's copying (that is why I wrote that my European soul doesn't really know what to think about it). For them, it's a tribute.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Xiaoyu is simply regal on the ice. She needs to skate with someone like a modern day Anton Sikharulizde. :biggrin:

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Sui and Han techniques is just so beautiful :yahoo: , and their flow :luv17:. However this year programs are boring compared with the last year and the music choices uninspired. The last year choices were so distinctive and made them stand apart and above anyone. This year, they look just like any other pair.

euroskate

Final Flight
though i love sui hands turandot i also cannot get over that this piece belongs someone else. i was just imagin them skatig the star wars program, which i think music is perfectly chosen. they should get a ionic program for themselfe and leve the turandot to their masters

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
This is my biggest criticism of this program. Turandot is S/Z's signature piece, so to win the Olympics, while a nice homage, isn't really building your own legacy.

Let's say Kolyada doing a tribute to Plushy with some of the same moves, I wouldn't have complained too much.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
So true... but then i think sentimentality tribute to the master is also a worthy thing too, especially with their complete blessing.

I do agree, And so do the judges,

But i don't agree to the original statement i commented on

That "if it ain't broke don't fix it" in this specific context

LittleLotte29

Record Breaker
I still don't quite like these two together. Peng/Jin are quite nice. But I still, by a loooooooong shot, prefer the team of Yu/Jin. Had they been given the benefit of the doubt, I do actually think they'd be medal contenders by now :shame: #foreverbitter

I don't. I simply love Cheng and Yang together, she's much more mature than Xiaoyu, has better lines and edges overall. She's blooming with him on her side an ethereal is true chemistry between them.