2017 GP Skate America Mens FS | Page 57 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate America Mens FS

da96103

Record Breaker
Adam dislocated his shoulder, popped it back in (in that precise moment) and continued being awesome.

Source (x)

Now you mentioned it, Adam did throw his arm out after the first jump to throw the head of the humerus out of it's stuck position hopefully it will get pulled back into the socket of the scapula, which it did.

If you observe Samohin when he sat down after the second jump, he also tried to throw the humerus out twice but it failed to land back into the socket.

Ender

Match Penalty
It was brutal I don’t know what to say. It’s less crazy than CoC 2014 but nevertheless It’s hurtful to see skaters getting hurt. I hope Samohin will heal very fast.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Just watched the second group (with the exception of Samohin as I had read the comments on this thread)

Jin - This freeskate - even in his present condition - shows how much he has improved since his first senior season. I like the program a lot!

Yan - Felt so sorry for him as he had to skate after Samohin... Anyway, although with mistakes this program shows his wonderful talent to really feel the music.

Voronov - Not totally on but still very enjoyable performance, bravo Sergei!!! And congratulations for making the GPF! I think it should be forbidden to use high-altitude rinks for international competitions, because it is not fair toward foreign skaters.

Rippon - It was really not expected at a Skate America competition to see how poorly the flower girls did their job, shame on them! Great that Rippon did not get rattled because of the incident... Did not expect him to succeed in his "quad" lutz, as he has never done it. Stupid audience, were they not warned about throwing flowers without wrapping???

Chen - I really like his music and choreography and he interprets it well. The jumps were not on, but this is just one GP event and he won and did make the GPF final.

Great that on the forum was the possibility of watching the competition clips without commentary, did not have to listen to those annoying comments by Lipinski and Weir.... Thanks!!!

mrrice

Record Breaker
It's more like "stay calm, stay calm"

I think this is correct. Our ballet teacher used to say Spokoyno! When she wanted us settle down when we would get a bit rowdy. I'd say is close to "Calm Down" in English.

Or, "Dude, Chill" If you're from California....;)

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Nathan being so apologetic....poor him. It was a rough skate indeed. He is still my personal bet for Olympic Gold, but I wonder what happened here. He really let go of the program and as usual with such outings, I can't say I like it much when the jumps don't work. Idk what that means for the GPF. Could motivate him, but I bet Shoma is even more motivated after France. At the moment it has a duel character between these two. Can't see anyone else coming in there.

Voronov is back in the GPF, after 2 seasons, I think it was. And also Boyang Jin! Welcome back. So, the only skater who has not been in the final before is Mikhail Kolyada. It's not THAT much of a newbie show, then. The bronze medal is wide open, I say.

lavenderblossom

Record Breaker
Can anyone provide links to CBC and or Eurosport videos of the men's free skate? All I can find on YouTube is NBC/OC videos or no commentary. I really love Eurosport's commentators. Thank you. :thumbsup:

I don't know about CBC but there isn't any Eurosport commentary for anything so far because they've not aired any of the events on their main channels. The only one they're doing is the Ladies Free :(

i hope adam will heal, will he show up at gpf due his dislocated shoulder.
the report on daniel injury. is he going to be okay- cast ready for his nationals?

if patrick,needs to take time off for gp grueling schedule; ashley is up there also, why should we make elder ladies go to gp final 26? not me,?

patrick need to practice/rest for his championships/olympics. so does ashley, javier, yuzuru, adam and max, vincent & rest for that matter?
yuzuru's injury-
boyang injury
ashley's injury (someone said infection )
satoko coming back injury
evgenia injury

in fact aliona wow -doing wonderful ; duhamel & radford, even virtue/moir. veteran's qualified .
with the important of this year. which they are all wonderful. need the rest, practice for the olympics.

why have a gp final? they all need time off/rest to get ready for it and/or qualify for it.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Highlights just starting on British Eurosport 1 with Jin Boyang.

Here is the link for the archived British Eurosport 1 coverage on the Player (starts at 4h 20m 12s. LIVE snooker for first 3h 30m, followed by luge highlights):
https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/even...-snooker/edcd600f-2279-4c42-bf7c-cbc5123289e3

Here is the Time Schedule:
www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/gpusa2017/gpusa2017_Men_FS_TimeSchedule.pdf

And here is the Live Scoring:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1718/gpusa2017/SEG002.HTM

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
why have a gp final? they all need time off/rest to get ready for it and/or qualify for it.

Because there are other skaters who worked hard for this and are not injured, and because there will always be injured skaters during every single competition, that's a sad fact of the sport.

Eclair

Medalist
some insight from German Eurosport commentators (who work in the medical field) about Adam's shoulder injury:

https://twitter.com/Eclair111/status/934841694108954630

basically: it could have been a subluxation, it's not a full dislocation for sure, because with a full dislocation you can't continue skating - as seen with Samohin - and you can't put it back by yourself. With a subluxation it feels for a second like a dislocation, but then it snaps back.

Crystal7

Final Flight
some insight from German Eurosport commentators (who work in the medical field) about Adam's shoulder injury:

https://twitter.com/Eclair111/status/934841694108954630

basically: it could have been a subluxation, it's not a full dislocation for sure, because with a full dislocation you can't continue skating - as seen with Samohin - and you can't put it back by yourself. With a subluxation it feels for a second like a dislocation, but then it snaps back.

Exactly. I was suspicious. And I have to admit that a little bit irratated, when I was reading all these comments saying, how amazing Adam is, beacuse he put back his dislocated arm. I read somewhere on yt or fb, that it's lack of fighting spirit in Samohin, because he didn't put his arm back like Adam. :noshake: Oh, please... stop... :slink:

mrrice

Record Breaker
Because there are other skaters who worked hard for this and are not injured, and because there will always be injured skaters during every single competition, that's a sad fact of the sport.

I also agree with this. However, for older skaters who need to be 100% healthy when they arrive at their home Nationals, that's where the focus needs to be. I think Ashely and especially Adam, should skip the GPF and let their bodies heal. The way the US ladies are skating, all Ashley has to do is stand up and I think they'll put her on the team. If she can't compete due to injury, she'll miss her chance to go to Korea. Adam has made the GPF, right? He has stiff competition at Nationals and with Max and Nathan skating well, he'll be fighting Jason, Vincent, and maybe Alexei for the 3rd spot.

Eclair

Medalist
Exactly. I was suspicious. And I have to admit that a little bit irratated, when I was reading all these comments saying, how amazing Adam is, beacuse he put back his dislocated arm. I read somewhere on yt or fb, that it's lack of fighting spirit in Samohin, because he didn't put his arm back like Adam. :noshake: Oh, please... stop... :slink:

I'd give the benefit of the doubt though, like the GermanEurosport guys said: A subluxation feels like a dislocation for a second, but then it snaps back. I don't think Adam was deliberately lieyng or anything - maybe he was adding a tad of an exaggeration there ;)

Lota

Record Breaker
What also bothers me a lot is not just the injuries, but the general level of fatigue (I hope that's all it is). Obviously, the GPs are intense and the althetes are always burnt-out at the end, but the jumps here are legitimately scary. The run-of-a-mill pops aside (even though there's a lot of them), for a lot of the skaters the failed jump landings are not a two-footed landing or oops-I-landed-on-my-butt-and-got-up-immediately landings, but the kinds when they're on all fours on the ice scrambling to find footing and stand up. I hope it's just fatigue and they'll be better after resting, but as someone else suggested, maybe it'd be better to slightly dial it down on the technical content.

Who knows, maybe it's a coincidence that this event ended being so crappy, or it's an accumulation of various circumstances, but things just aren't looking very pretty in the Men's discipline :scowl:

Crystal7

Final Flight
I'd give the benefit of the doubt though, like the GermanEurosport guys said: A subluxation feels like a dislocation for a second, but then it snaps back. I don't think Adam was deliberately lieyng or anything - maybe he was adding a tad of an exaggeration there ;)

Sure :) But building this whole story about the hero - Adam and Daniel without a fight spirit really is annoying. Really unfair.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Adam has made the GPF, right? He has stiff competition at Nationals and with Max and Nathan skating well, he'll be fighting Jason, Vincent, and maybe Alexei for the 3rd spot.

Has he got the US Nationality then? From what I have read about it, that´s not clear, yet?

Mussique

On the Ice
Sure :) But building this whole story about the hero - Adam and Daniel without a fight spirit really is annoying. Really unfair.

I don't think I've seen anyone blaming Daniel for withdrawing or lacking fight spirit. If anyone did they're a troll or they obviously haven't ever had an injury.
I don't think Adam is any less of a "hero" (pick your favorite word for this) for it being a "minor" luxation instead of a "full" luxation. He did say he dislocated his shoulder in September.
Now he felt it pop out again —this isn't weird while coming from an injury, but got it back in place and continued. I don't think he got that technical in order to make himself look better. Mostly because he doesn't need to —it was impressive anyway!!