2017 GP Skate America Mens FS | Page 58 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate America Mens FS

mrrice

Record Breaker
Has he got the US Nationality then? From what I have read about it, that´s not clear, yet?

This has come up before and I don't know the answer. Someone will know, I think he's in the process of becoming a US Citizen. Can he hold duel citizenship and compete for the US?

slider11

Medalist
I just love Liam Firus' skating. I am hoping that he might slide into the Canadian Olympic team. He needs to get those jumps consistent but he skates with such heart and conviction. His skates seem to barely touch the ice when he's stroking. His movements actually go with the music! What a concept! I would love to see him continue on after this season.

Crystal7

Final Flight
I don't think I've seen anyone blaming Daniel for withdrawing or lacking fight spirit. If anyone did they're a troll or they obviously haven't ever had an injury.
I don't think Adam is any less of a "hero" (pick your favorite word for this) for it being a "minor" luxation instead of a "full" luxation. He did say he dislocated his shoulder in September.
Now he felt it pop out again —this isn't weird while coming from an injury, but got it back in place and continued. I don't think he got that technical in order to make himself look better. Mostly because he doesn't need to —it was impressive anyway!!

I hope, that it was just trolling and nothing more :)
Of course, it was really impressive, that he didn't panic, deal with so stressful situation and skated so well :) I just wanted to emphasize that the injury which Daniel had yesterday is not the same, that Adam had - I read that type of comments on yt or fb and saw building a 'legend' around that.
Really, nothing more :)

rain

Record Breaker
I just love Liam Firus' skating. I am hoping that he might slide into the Canadian Olympic team. He needs to get those jumps consistent but he skates with such heart and conviction. His skates seem to barely touch the ice when he's stroking. His movements actually go with the music! What a concept! I would love to see him continue on after this season.

When you see him live, you can see that his skating skills really are reminiscent of Patrick Chan. He's never gotten the credit he deserves for them because he's always struggled with the technical content.

rain

Record Breaker
Are you saying that Boyang 79 PCs is too high for you. What did you expect, 70 PCs? If you want to attack Pcs of this sport, bash Nathan Chen instead 88pcs for a complete mess program. Or is that pcs not a "mockery of the sport" to you

Yes, Jin's PCS is too high, regardless of what Nathan Chen got. And if you're trying to compare Chen and Jin, well, I would hope you can see that Chen has significantly better skating skills than Jin.

I bet that poster didn't even watch the competition and just wanted to bash Boyang. If he had watched the comp, there is no way he would complain about Boyang's PCS, when far more ridiculous PCS were given out ..

You would be wrong. But thanks for being so dismissive of the opinions of other posters that don't square with yours.

Eclair

Medalist
Yes, Jin's PCS is too high, regardless of what Nathan Chen got. And if you're trying to compare Chen and Jin, well, I would hope you can see that Chen has significantly better skating skills than Jin.

You would be wrong. But thanks for being so dismissive of the opinions of other posters that don't square with yours.

If your post would make any sense, then I wouldn't be so dismissive.

After yesterday's skate, the PCS you pick to complain about is Boyang's? Hahahah. If you have seen the competition, then it's impossible you didn't let your bias get the better of you.

icybear

Medalist

Do you have a problem against him or what? Of all the pcs of the night, you had to attack his when his were not even abnormal or overscored. 79pcs is too high. What a joke! But you think Chen deserved 88pcs for that program. Do you even know what high pcs is.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd give the benefit of the doubt though, like the GermanEurosport guys said: A subluxation feels like a dislocation for a second, but then it snaps back. I don't think Adam was deliberately lieyng or anything - maybe he was adding a tad of an exaggeration there ;)

Cross posting from the US men's forum: Adam was not exaggerating or lying, but using the terms as they are used in American medicine:

In US medicine, a subluxation is referred to as "partial dislocation", but the typical lay person, and even medical professional, is just going to say dislocation. And in American medicine, both are treated by immobility, unless of course you are an elite skater. ;)

The American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons on Dislocated Shoulder

ETA: I am not comparing Daniel's and Adam's injuries, I am just offering an explanation of the terms used.

rain

Record Breaker
I bet that poster didn't even watch the competition and just wanted to bash Boyang. If he had watched the comp, there is no way he would complain about Boyang's PCS, when far more ridiculous PCS were given out ..

If your post would make any sense, then I wouldn't be so dismissive.

After yesterday's skate, the PCS you pick to complain about is Boyang's? Hahahah. If you have seen the competition, then it's impossible you didn't let your bias get the better of you.

Wow, I think it's you who has a horse in this race, given the tone of your response. I don't. I'm not a fan of either skater in question — or really men's at all at this point. But, you know, feel free to keep attacking me; I'm done since you can't seem to keep it civil.

Do you have a problem against him or what? 79pcs is too high. What a joke! But you think Chen deserved 88pcs for that program. Do you even know what high pcs is.

I said nothing about whether Chen deserved his PCS here. However, I will say, in general, that Chen absolutely deserves higher PCS than Jin. Clearly you're a big Jin fan. Try to keep in mind that not everyone has to agree with you and that doesn't make them a hater.

As above, I'm done with this debate as I have no desire to live with unpleasantness directed at me personally.

Eclair

Medalist
Cross posting from the US men's forum: Adam was not exaggerating or lying, but using the terms as they are used in American medicine:

In US medicine, a subluxation is referred to as "partial dislocation", but the typical lay person, and even medical professional, is just going to say dislocation. And in American medicine, both are treated by immobility, unless of course you are an elite skater. ;)

ETA: I am not comparing Daniel's and Adam's injuries, I am just offering an explanation of the terms used.

This makes so much more sense! I think because Adam dislocated his shoulder before, he knew how a dislocation feels like and when that fall yesterday happened, it felt very similar for a brief moment, so he just used the term he already knew.

It also explains, how totally different the shoulder injuries presented themselves in Samohin (couldn't move his arm, was crying out in pain) and Adam (pain was not as bad and could move his arm). Because I think I'm probably not the only one who wondered how the same injury 'dislocation' could manifest in such different ways.

MDfsfan

Rinkside

Eclair

Medalist
Wow, I think it's you who has a horse in this race, given the tone of your response. I don't. I'm not a fan of either skater in question — or really men's at all at this point. But, you know, feel free to keep attacking me; I'm done since you can't seem to keep it civil.

I said nothing about whether Chen deserved his PCS here. However, I will say, in general, that Chen absolutely deserves higher PCS than Jin. Clearly you're a big Jin fan. Try to keep in mind that not everyone has to agree with you and that doesn't make them a hater.

As above, I'm done with this debate as I have no desire to live with unpleasantness directed at me personally.

Yeah, don't play the victim here. You specifically singled out the skater who had the least inflation on his PCS yesterday (at least in the last group) and then you complain when people are telling you that you're crazy.

Nobody said that Chen on a good day, with investment in his performance and skate doesn't deserve a tad higher PCS than Jin. But what Nathan did yesterday was not remotely his best and he let the program, movements, Choreography all go. Still got 87 PCS, which is 8 points higher than Jin for his solid skate.
Yeah, but continue to argue that it's only because I'm a fan of Boyang that I see this unfairness. You guess what, I'm also a fan of Nathan. But I still think he was way overscored immensely yesterday.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
German Eurosport floats with the tide. Last week: Shoma/Javier had a bad skate = Nathan will be the last man standing. This week: Nathan had a bad skate = It's Patrick Chan's BIG chance.

OK.

Crystal7

Final Flight

Oh, now it's much more clear! :) I supposed that it was a partial dislocation, but I didn't know they call it by the same name. Thank you for that explanation! :)

rain

Record Breaker
German Eurosport floats with the tide. Last week: Shoma/Javier had a bad skate = Nathan will be the last man standing. This week: Nathan had a bad skate = It's Patrick Chan's BIG chance.

OK.

Yeah, I'm not so sure about this suddenly being Patrick Chan's big chance, but I do think the last few GPs should be making Chan feel a little better about his chances — the big quad guys have been inconsistent and guys with lesser quad content have been getting results. It kinda puts him back in the mix — but not if he skates like he did at Skate Canada.

TerpsichoreFS

Marin Honda's skating skills
Final Flight

OK.

Ah, the fickleness of sports commentators... at least not matter what happens at the OG, they'll have predicted it! On that regard I have to give it to Tara and Johnny who seem usually consistent in what they say from one comp to another

WestVirginia130

Rinkside
lmao Adam Rippon's response to NBC sport after his trip on the lutz “You know what, I love drama, so I said, you know what, I can make it through this."

:laugh: If this isn't the most Adam Rippon thing to say I don't even know what is, all you need to know about his love for drama is on his instagram feed and this certainly fits right in

icybear

Medalist

Fact is you are a hater of Jin for whatever unreasonable cause and he deserves 0pcs but Chen is artistic and oh so much more artistic than Jin (look at those ballet lines that NBC commentators pointed out to me) that he should get over 87 pcs and be on the same level as Uno and Fernandez. Funny you should say that unpleasantness is directed at you when you were the one who was being rude and unpleasant about a skater accusing his MIND BLOWING "79 PCS" as a "mockery of the sport" but thinks Chen 87 pcs is deserved. LOL! (yes i know you didnt deny or agree it but the fact you dont admit it speaks for itself and also your unjustified prejudice against Jin)

Ender

Match Penalty
Fact is you are a hater of Jin for whatever unreasonable cause and he deserves 0pcs but Chen is artistic and oh so much more artistic than Jin (look at those ballet lines that NBC commentators pointed out to me) that he should get over 87 pcs and be on the same level as Uno and Fernandez. Funny you should say that unpleasantness is directed at you when you were the one who was being rude and unpleasant about a skater accusing his MIND BLOWING "79 PCS" as a "mockery of the sport" but thinks Chen 87 pcs is deserved. LOL! (yes i know you didnt deny or agree it but the fact you dont admit it speaks for itself and also your unjustified prejudice against Jin)
The truth is Boyang Jin has improved a lot in both presentation and skating skills, his 1 foot skating and transitions are actually better than Nathan Chen. I do think the PCs gap between both of them is unfair.

da96103

Record Breaker
People are fighting here. I will tell you guys what I learn from Voronov's coach.

Spoykono people, spoykono!