2017 GPF Short Dance | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2017 GPF Short Dance

GGFan

Record Breaker
V/M are so disgustingly good. Tessa completely emoting and selling during the pattern. The step sequence is amazing. It's ridiculous that the music cuts don't quite work for me and yet I'm blown away :clap::bow:

slider11

Medalist
Tessa and Scott definitely win the frisky award, so far. Twizzles are fair-not outstanding. But overall, intricate and spicy performance.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Good job, Tessa and Scott! :) This program is really growing on me. They really are the class of the field, especially when it comes to SDs. They have such a great feel for a wide variety of styles. (Scott's hair at the end is hilarious, btw.)

nolangoh

Steps and Spirals enthusiast
Record Breaker
I still like the original ending choreography. But well done!!!

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
I'll need o rewatch some of this... No touch level 3 and rumba too ? maybe it'll go up like the shibs

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
I absolutely love the "Sympathy for the Devil" part but it loses me when they slow down to the MIDI percussion beat for the rhumba. The Hotel California riffs bring me back in (that pause in the middle while they face each other... so sensual!) and then Oye Como Va loses me again. Bipolar program for me.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Voir missed a keypoint in the pattern. And only a level 3 on the non touch st sq.

But they do the best samba rolls!

HATE the program. It's so freaking busy and the music is pandering to the General Public. But you can't deny their talent. Easily into first.

ETA: And how interesting that Scott cut his hair for this. They're SERIOUS.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Great :love: Im afraid their PCS score cant show the real difference from the rest cause judges already get too high on the scale

Alba

Record Breaker
V/M are so disgustingly good. Tessa completely emoting and selling during the pattern. The step sequence is amazing. It's ridiculous that the music cuts don't quite work for me and yet I'm blown away :clap::bow:

Yeah that's the problem I have with this program. The music cuts. They are just meh....and tbh they don't give me the Latin mood. Their steps are to die for. No wonder, their SS are awesome.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Virtue / Moir

Tech: Like the samba rolls at the beginning. Midline step graded a Level 3 but wonderful expression throughout it, a bit out of sync near the top of it. Fantastic rhumba section but only a Level 3, perhaps one of their steps in the middle wasn't deep enough to count (edit: I guess they gave them the level). Great phrasing through the parital step, graded Level 4. Twizzles right with the music and stupendous rotational lift at the end with that insane leg wrap around the head.

Pres: I thought this was a very strong performance. Their expressions and body lines are always on point. They could work on some sync issues, but they really bring a new Latin interpretation to music that you wouldn't think would be Latin to begin with.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Gabby's dress meets my brightly colored fringe requirement for Latin dance dresses, but I wish she chose a more flattering cut

LadyB

Record Breaker
I'm not their fan, but this season, I'm totally in love with P/C's SD.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Scott is so funny! As he came off the ice he said "I'm happy. This is what happy looks like." :) Is it just me or is that K & C "mic-ed" to be really loud.