2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating | Page 244 | Golden Skate

2017-18 State of Russian Ladies skating

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
I don't know who (and why) started all this "vulgar or not" conversation, but I'm ending it. :sarcasm:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Seems like Anna's first competition after injury will be on January 13-14 at "Cup of the City of Moskva" or at least she's listed among the participants.

A couple of others that I can actually recognize are Kamila Valieva and Alena Kanysheva.

alvina9894

Final Flight
Seems like Anna's first competition after injury will be on January 13-14 at "Cup of the City of Moskva" or at least she's listed among the participants.

A couple of others that I can actually recognize are Kamila Valieva and Alena Kanysheva.

That's good news she's recovering well! Is there any chance we will see Anna in Junior Nats / Junior Worlds?

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Well I don't think she can go to Junior Nationals unless the coaches' council decides to put her in (see Fedichkina this year)
Then if she were to medal she could go to Junior Worlds, but she'd face Trusova, Tarakanova, Kostornaya, and Panenkova, not to mention Samodurova, Nugumanova, and Gubanova, all of whom have international reputation and experience...

Shayuki

Record Breaker
That is... very soon :rolleye:
Well, thinking about it from the perspective of ice hockey, I was thinking what was the most significant leg injury of recent years that I can think of? Probably Steven Stamkos's from 2013 when he essentially cut his tibia clean with it bending in an unnatural fashion, had to have surgery and titanium rod inserted etc. and he returned in 4 months.

Considering it'll have been 6 and a half months since injury that Anna would compete again and that she'll have been training on the ice for over 3 months by then, I really don't think they'd be rushing assuming it's been healing as expected.

Well I don't think she can go to Junior Nationals unless the coaches' council decides to put her in (see Fedichkina this year)
Then if she were to medal she could go to Junior Worlds, but she'd face Trusova, Tarakanova, Kostornaya, and Panenkova, not to mention Samodurova, Nugumanova, and Gubanova, all of whom have international reputation and experience...

It's no question she's in via coaches' council if she's healthy and able to perform at her standard level, come on.

What is a question mark is whether she'll be even close to said standard level.

yude

Record Breaker
Hi, I posted here about the training camp in Japan for Russian team before, and the news was updated.

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20171222-00000002-san-l15

Niigata city announced on December 21 that the training camp for Russian skaters would take place as initially planned at Niigata Asahi Alex Ice Arena from January 28 to February 19. About 30 people including skaters, coaches and officials are going to participate.

Good luck to all the skaters in Russian Nationals!

Grin

Medalist
Alina wasn't clean again :sad21:
But what a bloodbath it was.
So happy for Polina and Alena!

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Wow, what a surprise. Gubanova at K&C was with a coach who used to be my coach back in the 70s.

Do you mean Svetlana Korol, the choreographer of Nastia, who made for her programs in the previous season SP Swan Lake and FP Romeo and Juliet, and in this season her FP? Wow! Amazing choreography. I wish she could teach more skaters how to really feel the music and do arm movements. But strange you didn't notice her in the last season, she almost always was with Nastia along with Angelina Turenko.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
My highlights so far:

1. Tarusina - what a skate, good girl. :clap:
2. Gubanova - finally my Angel managed to skate clean at Nationals. Her spins became faster. And yay she is in the last group! :love:
3. Kostornaya - what a skate by my Alena today! Very nice. :love:
4. Radionova's PCS. :rofl:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Do you mean Svetlana Korol, the choreographer of Nastia, who made for her programs in the previous season SP Swan Lake and FP Romeo and Juliet, and in this season her FP? Wow! Amazing choreography. I wish she could teach more skaters how to really feel the music and do arm movements. But strange you didn't notice her in the last season, she almost always was with Nastia along with Angelina Turenko.

I somehow never thought she was still around. And we were in Perm back then. And she was Martyanova not Korol.

Just looked another time - may be it's another Svetlana Korol - mine was Svetlana Vladimirovna and this one seems to be Svetlana Aleksandrovna. What is a chance to have 2 figure skating coaches Svetlana Korol?