2018 US Championships Sr. Ladies FS | Page 127 | Golden Skate

2018 US Championships Sr. Ladies FS

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I would like to ask a question which might have already been answered. The latest picture out of the ladies shows Bradie, MiriaiDid and Karen standing and holding their medals. Why is Ashley in the picture holding a silver medal! Did she insert herself into the picture, I'm sure only the top 3 were pictured in the past.
Pewter medal for fourth place at US

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I would like to ask a question which might have already been answered. The latest picture out of the ladies shows Bradie, MiriaiDid and Karen standing and holding their medals. Why is Ashley in the picture holding a silver medal! Did she insert herself into the picture, I'm sure only the top 3 were pictured in the past.
Usually the picture that is always posted is the three up on top of the podium tight together

Final Flight
So I got curious and found this... the biggest IF ONLY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u5Q1

... super interesting, love the process, the thoughts and insight behind the production..

Shouldn't have got cold feet Ashley... this could have ended triumphantly...

I hope we see the program again! (She should have changed the SP as well. I hope this is not a sign of things to come for Hanyu repeating both.)

But Hanyu didn't use the programs 3 years in a row.... lol

GrandmaCC

On the Ice
Karen had a good reason the girl was sick in bed all day and missed practice on thursday i'm proud of how she fought even when she didn't feel her best. I have a feeling she will skate better at the Olympics now that she has her programs all set.

Yeah I just saw that last night - I totally concur & take my hat off to her.
(Different hemisphere here, the news takes a bit longer to trickle down).
The most I’d read about her health prior to the long was that she *might* be “feeling unwell”, with someone even attributing it to possibly being anxiety. Not that I wanted the poor thing to have to compete through illness, but it is amazing that she was able to fight through like that! Hopefully this gives her a huge mental boost, knowing you’ve done the job before despite a handicap is a great reassurance in future competitions.

Icey

Record Breaker
So I got curious and found this... the biggest IF ONLY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9u5Q1

... super interesting, love the process, the thoughts and insight behind the production..

Shouldn't have got the cold feet Ashley... this could have ended triumphantly...

I hope we see the program again! (She should have changed the SP as well. I hope this is not a sign of things to come for Hanyu repeating both.)

video does not exist

Icey

Record Breaker
Buttle also choreographed Osmond's black swan, which is an empty program

well, the choreographer has to take into account what a skater can do. Maybe Osmond or Mirai can't skate the kinds of programs you think they should.

kasha6

Rinkside
Why did Karen beat Ashley please go look at one very telling element Ashley's catch leg spiral which was atrocious in Karen Outside Inside at spiral the quality was not there in Ashley skating I'm sorry that's the reality

Karen beat Ashley in the sp, but was 4th in the long

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
U.S still gives out a pewter medal for the fourth place finisher, so Ashley was a medallist and thus appears in some of the photos of medallists.

Did you really think that she brought an old medal just in case and then butted into the photos with it and no one in charge did anything about it? :confused:

Haha they probably thought she photoshopped herself in, if it appeared on her own social media.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Bradie jumped well and all, but the gap between her ad the world's top ladies, components-wise, seem so obvious tonight. Maybe it's just me, but her FS seem to me boring and void.
I can understand why some of you think that Carolina is overrated but... come on.

Between the first four, the possibility to gain a good PCS at this olympic show is a lot in favor of Ashley, and if you consider nationals inflation and those 2 point of overall difference between her and Karen, well...

I like Karen, but choose Ashley over her, at least for olympics, seem to me more rational. Anyway, i hope to see the other at worlds.

flipsydoodle

On the Ice
Actually, it may be to the contrary. When you're sick, it's easier to ignore pressure and focus on the task at hand. In fact, people were predicting that her illness would help her. A healthy Karen at the OG may be more vulnerable to the same head games that always take her out

It’s possible the illness was an anxiety reaction.....

Flutz Capacitor

Rinkside
It’s possible the illness was an anxiety reaction.....

Or maybe she's really sick like half the population in San Jose. That's what it seems like over here. At least she and Nathan hopefully got their cold out of the way and it doesn't linger. I'd seriously go into lock down and put myself in a bubble leading up to the Olympics to avoid getting sick. The flu seems pretty bad this year and who knows who might get sick. During the Olympics.

cell

On the Ice
well, the choreographer has to take into account what a skater can do. Maybe Osmond or Mirai can't skate the kinds of programs you think they should.

But where is the choreography in that program??? It doesn't have to be super complex.

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Between the first four, the possibility to gain a good PCS at this olympic show is a lot in favor of Ashley, and if you consider nationals inflation and those 2 point of overall difference between her and Karen, well...

I like Karen, but choose Ashley over her, at least for olympics, seem to me more rational. Anyway, i hope to see the other at worlds.
My bad, i haven't see the today's news :scowl:

Skating feels so unreasonable, sometimes.

jan

On the Ice
I would like to know your definition of an empty program. Osmond had amazing transitions and connecting steps in her program.

QUOTE=cell;1912601]Buttle also choreographed Osmond's black swan, which is an empty program[/QUOTE]

klutzy

On the Ice
Honestly, if she weren't the universal sentimental favorite, people would be attacking and micromanaging the rotations of her jumps and calls that were/weren't made, not to mention her super high components here.

This. I have a number of issues with Mirai's skate, but I don't feel like picking a fight with her fandom about it at this point. Life is too short and she clearly gave it everything she had, so I limit myself to defending Bradie. Let Mirai and her fans enjoy the redemption moment.