2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Free Dance | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018 Canadian Nationals Senior Free Dance

liv

Record Breaker
Some cool moves in there... not bad.. much better than their first program this season....

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Good skate! But what happened on those twizzles, Piper?? I actually really liked the Perry Mason program, but I can see how this one's a bit more dynamic and interesting. And they kept the fantastic double cantilever, at least, so I'm happy.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
W/P over 120 points? Boy SC doesn't want to be outdone by the Russians. No one inflates scores like the Canadians. :eek:

rain

Record Breaker
They won't beat W/P in the FD with that, but will it be enough for silver overall? I think it might be. Piper struggled in the twizzles, but not a disaster. Spectacular lifts. They need to find a bit of sass for the James Bond. But overall, a good first outing for this program.

MelDee

Final Flight
Definitely change for the better for Piper and Paul with this FD. The twizzles are gonna hurt them though.

amateur

Final Flight
This program from G/P is severely missing character.. which is odd particularly from them. You can really see it's the first outing and definitely needs mileage and time for them to figure some things out. Usually they each have such well-defined characters in their pieces.
As ever, some really nice highlights though.

beki

Medalist
Doesn't it feel like a predetermined outcome? Andrew's twizzle mistake was a lot worse than Piper's.

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Canadian TV making sure to capture "the hug". :laugh:

Oh to have moved to Canada instead. I'd be a less cynical person.

GreenGan

Rinkside
Woohoo great FD from Piper and Paul. Too bad for the twizzles. Much better program too! Paul is still amazing, but I don't quite understand their costume. I don't see a Bond or a James Bond girl on what they're wearing.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Definitely a step up from their previous FD, not feeling it entirely yet, but I look forward to seeing this more developed in Korea.

nocturnalis

Medalist
Doesn't it feel like a predetermined outcome? Andrew's twizzle mistake was a lot worse than Piper's.

Last year, Weaver/Poje made a mistake on a twizzle at the end of their NTMLS in their SD and weren't penalized while Paul made a mistake on twizzles in the FD and were.