2018 Olympic Figure Skating Short Dance | Page 81 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Figure Skating Short Dance

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'll have to thank the Shibs for breaking that stupid "Can't skate while siblings" bareer. No ick factor, nothing.

Yes, so grateful to all their fun SDs over the years.
2015: The "haughty" paso
2016: The "comedic doll" waltz
2017: "I'm going to sing to one song only" hip hop
AND finally
2018: "I'm going to mambo your face off" rhumba

Tigerlily87

On the Ice
If someone does explain it for you, can you send him or her over my way to explain how several judges awarded them 10s in Performance when she spent the entire program trying to keep her dress from falling down? I've had all night to think about it and I'm still perplexed.

The French were better with their speed and holds on second viewing. I thought that they did remarkably well for what happened

bramweld

Record Breaker
I'm sure that is like water on a duck's back for the stallion of the skating world. :rofl:

Slimy beast. Ewww.....how people choose to work with him I will never understand. Did you see that fluff piece from Canadian Nationals where he's essentailly telling W/P that they're has beens, right? And they chose to work with him? :eekn: Things must have really gone sideways with Krylova and Carmelengo.

xzhang12

Rinkside
You are such an expert. Can you explain why PC's dance step was downgraded? Thanks.

Also, I think VM's twizzle, M had a small mistake as well.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
You are such an expert. Can you explain why PC's dance step was downgraded? Thanks.
Gabby twizzles while Guillaume is holding her hand up, and it was a bit wobbly. You can't afford mistakes on your double twizzles in the step sequences, if you do = impossible to have level 4.

curious

Final Flight
Sad and pissed off. they made it close so PC can then win the FD....they won the PCS, total joke. Got plus GOE on the twizzles with the mistake...

Sure because if pc does not have a very lucky accidental costume malfunction for the canadians they would have been closer to them. Vm has no answer for the french team fd. They are too superior.

curious

Final Flight
I'm done with Eurosport's approach to Ice Dance, apparently they only went live at 4am CET last night (as opposed to 2am like they did for men and pairs), and now it's not on demand either.
Gabby had the halterneck unclasp at the beginning of the program and poor girl was one one hand trying to sell it like nobody's business, on the other trying to make sure her top does not completely fall off. And people on this board are crying out for blood because apparently a 2 point gap is not big enough for V/M to comfortably win it all.

They know vms fd Can t hold a candle to pcs fd . Is a masterpiece.

composer

On the Ice
I'll have to thank the Shibs for breaking that stupid "Can't skate while siblings" bareer. No ick factor, nothing.

Don't you think the existence of the "Can't skate while siblings" barrier by itself already speaks volumes? I mean nobody needed to break the "Can't skate while sexy and/or in love barrier" ...

Upon reflection I think maybe we can agree ... it should be about the programs, and each team should play to their strengths, and especially creative programs that think out of the box that are executed well should be rewarded.

I should add that perhaps I am more prudish than average as well 😅

Last edited:

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
Watched the highlights replay on British Eurosport and they just took out P/C entirely.

Potential Olympic medalists' (I don't think this is a controversial guess) SD yanked from TV... I get it but.

curious

Final Flight
I can't stop thinking about how mortifying that must have been for Gabriella Papadakis... one of the gold-medal favorites in front of an audience of millions. I love and admire her so much, and I really hope that she's going to be okay. I don't know enough about her character to predict how she'll cope with what happened. Sending positive energy her way.

The whole thing smell bad. A costume malfunction at the olys of all places before you go out to skate your short program humm. Has that ever happened to the French team before.

Gibby111

Rinkside
On CBC twitter, it says that Kurt browning said this is the second time this week that Gabby has had an issue with the halter top. Can anyone confirm this?

girl in red

Rinkside
just watched the event and wow i dont know what to say.All the performances were overall very entertaining but the judging i just dont understand.I love both vm pc and have no special preference that s why i said let the best one win even though it seems like this is not the case.The judges clearly want pc to win but come on they had mistakes on both twizzles and lift and they didnt deserve to be in second so close to vm,even surpassing them in presentation.Honestly i thought the shibs were better.Personally i think cl were a bit overscored(but i love them to pieces)!bs were good for me and i always find myself eager for the fd.As for hd i dont know why i just never liked this team.I tend to forget them and i am sorry but i am never mesmerized by their programs,they kinda feel sloppy.Nevertheless lets hope for clean skates tomorrow and most of all fair judging:frown: