2018 Nebelhorn Trophy Pairs Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 Nebelhorn Trophy Pairs Free Skate

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That was not good.

That screams "show program" and "novelty act". I don't mind this team, but I don't like that program.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I still maintain that the worst part of the Candyman program wasn't actually Candyman. It was nasty boy, the weird 50s music cut in, the costumes and the completely bored/embarrassed expression on Vlad's face when Evgenia was trying to tempt him. At least Evgenia was trying. You can't not try with a program like that. You have to be all in.

Exactly. I give her credit. He gets zero. Man, he just always looked TICKED OFF that he had to skate it again. Not exactly conducive to Good Times.

Sloppy skate from S/B. With one very strange lift in there.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
That was not good.

That screams "show program" and "novelty act". I don't mind this team, but I don't like that program.

I think Whitney Houston don't really go with FS programs, imo. She seems to overshadow the skaters with her powerful voice.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
I do not know these two. I'm really surprised, but nicely, that they are in second.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Mr. P in the house representing. I can't wait until little P becomes a figure skating expert like Mrs. P.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Is this some kind of weird rock opera?

While I love the house of the rising sun I do not care for this cover.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I find lower level pairs hard to watch, because there are fear-inducing elements.... What is that version of House of the rising Sun...where is Samarin when we need him? (j/k)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
8 Minerva Fabienne HASE / Nolan SEEGERT (GER)

Music: House of the Rising Sun performed by Heavy Young Heathens

Black costumes with red lining

3Tw
3T+1T - she did 3T(forward)+1T, he did 3T+2T
2S<< - she popped, he did 3S
5RLi
5ALi
3LoTh - twofoot, stepout
PCoSp
4Li
3STh - twofoot
ChSq
FiDs

Messy on jumps and throws. Other elements bit laboured

FS: 48.49+54.40 = 103.34, 161.61, 3/8

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I think these two have improved from last season. They had a nice entry and well-executed last lift.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Whitney Houston don't really go with FS programs, imo. She seems to overshadow the skaters with her powerful voice.

The only way this could possibly work is an over-the-top camp performance. And when I say "over the top camp" I mean "channel your inner drag queen."

Get some real flair and expression into this - make it tongue-in-cheek.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
FWIW, Starr Andrews' Whitney FS from last season totally slayed, so I do see the possibility of a Whitney program doing well. Deanna's such a performer, but Nate needs to catch up.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Hey.. Deanna is on the podium again. I wonder if she will read the diploma while everyone else is celebrating... Deanna is my spirit animal.