Practice reports | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Practice reports

moriel

Record Breaker
Do people realize that Beethoven has composed more sonatas apart from Moonlight one? It is the second program today on Moonlight.

Corrected: Do people realize that there are more than 10 pieces of music available to skate?
(every season it looks like they literally got 1 or 2 CDs to share between everybody)

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Corrected: Do people realize that there are more than 10 pieces of music available to skate?
(every season it looks like they literally got 1 or 2 CDs to share between everybody)

I haven't followed skating for long, but has Romeo and Juliet always been popular? Why suddenly, this year, are their so many programs across juniors and seniors? It's bizarre. :scratch2: I'm not a fan, but I get La La Land a little more as at least it came out recently...

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Men's warm-up starting. Nice close-up of Shoma as he came right by the camera :)

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
So is Eteri at this event? Just asking for you know, drama reasons.

Just rewatched the practice and it was Daniil with Lil'Bet, there are some close-ups where you can see him; also on instagram he stated before that he's going to be at SC with her, and indeed he is :thumbsup:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Well, I suppose it's nice to know that Madison from Montreal, Christina from Detroit, and Anastasia from Moscow are all brought together by Maria de Buenos Aires.

Such an internationally connected sport.

Yes, Romeo & Juliet has always been popular. Two different versions were among the top 4 on a warhorse list I remember from the late 90's. There were about 21 programs to various versions of R&J in 2015-16.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
The problem i have with Tomona here but is a pet-peeve of mine in the last time: i had the music very low, i couldn't guess that he is skating on Irish music. Apart of 10-15 seconds of choreography, there is no Irish flair at all, it could have been a pop song, a classical music piece, etc. You could play whatever music as a background. This is what i call choreography without personality. I cannot relate his skating to the character of the music. He hits the accents, sure, like many other skaters do, but where is the connection with the spirit of the music?

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
With how often she has to turn out of the landing, I am beginning to wonder if she has just decided to try to sell that as a transition. :laugh:

To be honest, I was thinking the same thing :laugh: It's the same landing again and again, at test skates, challengers and now GP practice. But if she'll perfectly land one (or even 3) in competition this weekend, she'll definitely challenge Evgenia for the first place :thumbsup:

Ladybug89

On the Ice
Wow, Shoma just literally nailed those jumps!!! If he skates like that tomorrow he will probably leed by minimum 15 if not 20 by going into the free 😅🙈

skateflake

On the Ice
Wow, so much fun to see Men's practice LIVE! Thank you Canada for the Livestream and most of all for Ted Barton. Cannot wait for Skate Canada competition.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I love Kevin's FS :luv17: hoping he skates it clean! That extended sliding move is just awesome

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Thank You Debrah for Ice Dance clips!

Just re-watched Piper and Paul's RD... Chills all over, the uniqueness, sophistication, styling of the movement, it flows, but not in that linear, harmonious sense, more like it is the flow of energy that is pushed from one and taken by another. Splendid.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ted is so boss! He’s doing the camera work and commentary!

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
I think i need to change some of my predictions. Some just look more ready at this point than the others, but i dont know if practices are such a good indicator for the competition :slink:

pearly

Record Breaker
Official practices were always the most difficult part of the competition for me and watching these skaters I am both amazed by their strength and relieved I will never have to skate a free program ever again.