NHK EX Gala!!! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

NHK EX Gala!!!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
At least I was born in the 80's, unlike you! :laugh:

(It's interesting how people like music from before they were born. Like, I love 70's music).

Seriously, though, it's well seeing we're around the same age, as we both appreciate the same music.

CaroLiza_fan

Believe me, I am way keen to listen older music now when flashiness, mumbling and artificial sound is in fashion. Going back to A-ha, Genesis, The Beatles, vintage U2, Peter Gabriel, Kate Bush, David Bowie is very refreshing out of sudden:) :) :)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Liza really is a darling. Speaking Japanese in the voiceover at the start, and then handing the cups out to the spectators sitting behind where she set the tray.

At least she has sorted out her hat issues since Skate Canada. And I loved the bit of improvisation with the tray in the middle of the routine. :biggrin:

My only complaint is that the organisers should have had her as the last act before the interval...

...so that we would all have time to go and have a cold shower!!! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Well, I hoped for Suzaki/Kihara's Yuri on Ice routine, but gotta say Komatsubara/Koleto's Your Name routine is also very nice.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Arrives late to this party! And awww I missed Liza Airlines - or is it Mishin Airlines ;)

But hey I didn't miss Deniss, I'm expecting some extraness like whoa from the our Spinning Man!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Am outside so currently only reading the threads, and ooh a Your Name EX! That film has an excellent soundtrack, 10/10 would make a good program.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Let me say it again DENISS IS SO EXTRA this season, even with his Gala program! And I mean this in the best way possible!

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I think I'm supposed to apologise for being a millenial here, but what prompted the discussion about 80's music?

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Deniss may be a mess jump-wise but I could watch him spin and do step sequences aaalll day! What a boss, and his little face is so cute! :biggrin:

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Deniss Mr. Yellow Pants Vasilijevs apparently has a gala to match them yellow pants, apparently.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Deniss may be a mess jump-wise but I could watch him spin and do step sequences aaalll day! What a boss, and his little face is so cute! :biggrin:

This is the best thing, he looks so young and innocent from his face, but when he performs he is all grown up:)

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I think I'm supposed to apologise for being a millenial here, but what prompted the discussion about 80's music?

Vincent Zhou did his routine to "Take On Me" by A-Ha.

Although, now that I have checked, I should add that, strictly speaking, I wasn't born until the year after that song was released. :slink:

Doesn't stop me thinking it is one of the all-time great songs, though! ;) :biggrin: :rock:

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I was born in 1984, but I love all the old school music!

This new stuff the kids listen to, I'm like "Get off my lawn and turn that down!"

I wonder if the tiny zambonis will come out during the intermission!

(And how long will this intermission be do you think? I have limited data so I shouldn't just leave my stream running and eating up Mbs.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Vincent Zhou did his routine to "Take On Me" by A-Ha.

Although, now that I have checked, I should add that, strictly speaking, I wasn't born until the year after that song was released. :slink:

Doesn't stop me thinking it is one of the all-time great songs, though! ;) :biggrin: :rock:

CaroLiza_fan

Music transcends time, I was born in the late 90's but I have tons of songs I adore that are decades older than me :biggrin:

Ladybug89

On the Ice
Just woke up in time for my boy Deniss 😍 such creativity with his programs and costumes this year! Such a performer! Gonna re-watch this now a couple of time during the break ❤️