NHK EX Gala!!! | Page 4 | Golden Skate

NHK EX Gala!!!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Um, sorry for reopening the millennial talk again, but my mind is currently blown by the fact that you can be in your 30's and be a millennial... As far as I know if you were born at 2000 you're a millennial still, so that was why I said Vincent Zhou was a millennial like me.

Anyway, gala. Z/G are always fun to watch :agree:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Peng and Jin! Yaaay! :cheer:

These guys are my favourite of the Chinese pairs I think...although they're all pretty good over there - thanks Yao Bin and Hong-bo

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I do love me some good ol' traditional East Asian music, so props to Peng/Jin.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow! They're skating with a sword! I imagine it's blunted or fake, but still that's awesome!

That was very artistic! I liked it :biggrin:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Um, sorry for reopening the millennial talk again, but my mind is currently blown by the fact that you can be in your 30's and be a millennial... As far as I know if you were born at 2000 you're a millennial still, so that was why I said Vincent Zhou was a millennial like me.

Anyway, gala. Z/G are always fun to watch :agree:

Namely the millennial term is in reference to basically anyone who came of age at the start of the new millennium or later. But people who were BORN in 2000 or later are part of a new generation. So technically Vincent isn't officially a millennial, but part of Generation Z -- they really haven't come up with a name.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Sergei time! :biggrin:

So great that he's going to GPF (or pretty much guaranteed to I think?)

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Namely the millennial term is in reference to basically anyone who came of age at the start of the new millennium or later. But people who were BORN in 2000 or later are part of a new generation. So technically Vincent isn't officially a millennial, but part of Generation Z -- they really haven't come up with a name.

And I have learned that I've been using millennial wrong the entire time. And it's so weird, Vincent Zhou is only a few years younger than me yet I belong in a different generation from him...

Welp, stream just died. Yippie.

- - - Updated - - -

Austin Powers. Oh my god. :rofl:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA. MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wow! They're skating with a sword! I imagine it's blunted or fake, but still that's awesome!

That was very artistic! I liked it :biggrin:

When I first saw that routine last week, I was so scared that somebody was going to fall and hurt themselves with that sword.

I would like to think that it is as blunt as you can get it to be. Pairs skating is risky enough without adding sharp swords into the equation!

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
And I have learned that I've been using millennial wrong the entire time. And it's so weird, Vincent Zhou is only a few years younger than me yet I belong in a different generation from him...

Phew! At least I'm not the only person that has been using it wrong! (Admittedly, we have been using it wrong in different ways!)

Austin Powers. Oh my god. :rofl:

They used this as their EX last season as well. That said, I may be remembering things wrong, but I have a feeling that Kaitlyn has changed her dress since I last saw them do it.

Not a fan of Austin Powers, but it really is a fun routine, isn't it?! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You have cured the stream! :bow:

God, Jean-Luc Baker is Killing it as Austin Powers. :laugh2:

Oh yay! Now I must only use these powers for good!

That slide was amaaaazing! And Jean-Luc is so into it indeed! Ooo they've been called back for an encore.

Bit hard to take this music seriously with Jean-Luc's singlet with a puffy cravat combo though! :laugh2:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Ah good, the winners are getting to do an encore.

I was surprised that none of the other Galas so far this season have done this.

CaroLiza_fan

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
They're doing their current FD as a part of their gala. I don't think I've seen that before.

Off-topic, but it's really confusing to have a Kaitlyn and a Kaitlin in the same field. At least the Madisons have the same spelling...

I'm not a fan of Alan Walker, but Kihira Rika has a lovely dress.

Edit: Oh, it was an encore? I was preoccupied, so I didn't notice.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Off-topic, but it's really confusing to have a Kaitlyn and a Kaitlin in the same field. At least the Madisons have the same spelling...

I'd have thought it'd be easier having the different spelling to tell them apart? But I guess it depends if you can remember which is which!

I haven't seen encores in ages! I thought they didn't do them anymore so it's great to see them back!

I really like Rika's dress.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
They're doing their current FD as a part of their gala. I don't think I've seen that before.

It used to be normal a few years ago that all the winners would be asked to do part of their Free as an encore after their EX routine. But, it doesn't seem to happen as often now.

And don't forget the Kaetlyn in Ladies Singles.

That must be so confusing for non-native speakers that are learning English. The way that the same name can have so many different spellings.

And that's before you get to Irish names... :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I for one enjoy a tango, so I ain't mad that Natalia and Alexander are doing one.

Wow, Natalia is channelling her inner-Ksenia to the max!

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'd have thought it'd be easier having the different spelling to tell them apart? But I guess it depends if you can remember which is which!

I haven't seen encores in ages! I thought they didn't do them anymore so it's great to see them back!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

We both wrote basically the same reply! :laugh: :agree:

I can back up from personal experience what you said about the different spellings being good for telling them apart in comments. And, thankfully, I can remember which spelling goes with which skater, otherwise it could be very confusing.

CaroLiza_fan