NHK EX Gala!!! | Golden Skate

NHK EX Gala!!!

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Wow, so may stars! Daisuke, Arakawa, Takeshi Honda, Yuka Kavaguchi, Akiko, Nobunari ...sorry the stream is on and off, now they stopped (ISU)

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Takeshi throwing Yuka was awesome!

The lift failed in a great way as well! :laugh:

This was a treat.

We got to see skates from Midori Ito, Honda Takeshi, Yuko Kavaguti (featuring Takeshi Honda), Nobunari Oda, Daisuke Takahashi, Suzuki Akiko and Arakawa Shizuka.
Takeshi looked so bumbling trying to partner Yuko, but it was later revealed that she asked him to partner her just two days ago. Takeshi said his arms had bruises all over fro:m trying to do it.
Yuko asked for a throw-quad next, and Takeshi immediately announced his retirement! :laugh:
:luv17:

I noted especially how well Daisuke moved across the ice when he performed his new SP. He's getting stronger. Watch out for Nationals!
The Mambo step-sequence got the crowd crazy. When they re-watched his previous performance of the Mambo in competition, they all agreed that he's doing it better now.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Mmmm. Didn't know they did a Pre-Gala. It would have been great to see.

Well, I was doing something useful anyway - watching the Short Dance videos on YouTube in preparation for the Free Dance highlights being shown on Eurosport's linear channels later. And having half of my breakfast (I'll have the other half during the interval).

Here is the link for the ISU livestream on the Eurovision Sports website:
https://www.eurovisionsports.tv/isu/single-pair-skating-ice-dance/live.html?id=2419

Here is the link for the World Feed coverage on the British Eurosport Player:
https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/event/nhk-trophy-gala/892d9229-a73d-4719-8234-30d202c66cb8

And here is the link for the British Eurosport coverage on the Player (starts at 10m 48s. Highlights of Ladies FS at start. Higlights of Free Dance at 2h 37m 48s):
https://gb.eurosportplayer.com/event/figure-skating-nhk-trophy/3dbf20a5-fb6b-4118-b628-4b1a2059c87e

Here is the Time Schedule of the Gala:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DrsvIyaVYAAFrOl.jpg

Don't forget that there will be highlights of the Free Dance straight after the Gala.

Hope this helps.

:cheer: ALL THE BEST EVERYBODY!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We got to see skates from Midori Ito, Honda Takeshi, Yuko Kavaguti (featuring Takeshi Honda), Nobunari Oda, Daisuke Takahashi, Suzuki Akiko and Arakawa Shizuka.

What a line-up!!! :love:

I really hope that they we will get to see them all in the main show!

Which brings us onto a question I spotted in the TV thread last night:

Does anyone know where I can find the lineup for the gala?

So, has anybody found a running order yet?

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
WHAT???!!! WHY ARE EUROSPORT TAKING A BREAK???!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thank goodness the World Feed stream is available today, or we wouldn't see the skaters getting introduced! :drama:

Just realised - is it some sponsorship issue to do with Domo-Kun?

It's never been a problem before.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
WHAT???!!! WHY ARE EUROSPORT TAKING A BREAK???!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thank goodness the World Feed stream is available today, or we wouldn't see the skaters getting introduced! :drama:

Just realised - is it some sponsorship issue to do with Domo-Kun?

It's never been a problem before.

CaroLiza_fan

Well, it mustn't be because he was still on when they came back.

And Chris was taking great hilarity when Domo-Kun fell over, and the problems the other two mascots had in their efforts to try to trail him up! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Love "Take On Me", and it really makes a great Gala routine. :rock:

Just a pity there were a few mistakes. But, when he performs it clean, it will be epic! :agree: :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
A-ha, forever and always:love:

At least I was born in the 80's, unlike you! :laugh:

(It's interesting how people like music from before they were born. Like, I love 70's music).

Seriously, though, it's well seeing we're around the same age, as we both appreciate the same music.

CaroLiza_fan

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Wait, darling squirtle did her Havana here?!!!!!!! I am an utter idiot, I thought she wasn't going to perform :hslap:

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Wait, darling squirtle did her Havana here?!!!!!!! I am an utter idiot, I thought she wasn't going to perform :hslap:

As soon as the music started, I thought "I'm sure I've seen her skate to this before. Is it one of her old competition routines from last year?"

Well, I looked it up and I was right that it was one of her routines from last year. But, it was her Gala routine. :slink:

Loved it! And the tassles on the dress really added to the whole effect! :agree:

Just like they did with Adelina's "Burlesque" EX routine a few years ago. :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan