NHK EX Gala!!! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

NHK EX Gala!!!

lady_bee

Medalist
Mai is an angel.
Her performance always fills my heart with happiness.
I've found that even Arakawa's cool voice has been soften when she was commenting on Mai's free program.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Music transcends time, I was born in the late 90's but I have tons of songs I adore that are decades older than me :biggrin:

That's good you know music from other decades. Some people don't listen to anything beyond today's music LOL.

Late 1990s, huh......omg I'm feeling a bit old now.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The last mini-zamboni has left the rink! I think the gala will be restarting again! :biggrin:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Hmm, so far no videos uploaded yet. I want to see squirtle's Havana :tantrum:

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Hmpf, this is taking longer than I thought! The ice is smooth and waiting! Where's the rest of my Gala at? ;) :p

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Another millenial, who would've guessed :laugh:

WHAT???!!! :jaw:

Wow. I'm shocked. It never clicked with me that Vincent was born this side of the Millennium. I thought he was a bit older than that - 1999 or maybe 1998 at a push.

Way to make a guy feel old!

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's back! And a Novice skater is kicking the second half off.

Good luck, young man!

Man watching the marks appear on the smooth ice under the skater's blade is a beautiful sight! :biggrin:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
WHAT???!!! :jaw:

Wow. I'm shocked. It never clicked with me that Vincent was born this side of the Millennium. I thought he was a bit older than that - 1999 or maybe 1998 at a push.

Way to make a guy feel old!

CaroLiza_fan

Yeah Vincent was the youngest Olympian I believe. He was only 17. He just turned 18 relatively recently.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Music transcends time, I was born in the late 90's but I have tons of songs I adore that are decades older than me :biggrin:

Hang on. When you said Vincent was "Another millenial", I thought you were including yourself in that statement. But, if you were late 90's, you mustn't have been. So, what did you mean?

Totally agree with your statement about music transcending time. I like good music regardless of when it is from. Be it from 200 years ago, or 10 years ago.

Don't like much from the past 10 years, though... :p

(Don't worry, Squirtle did her EX to one of the few songs from recent years that I do like! ;) :biggrin: )

CaroLiza_fan

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hang on. When you said Vincent was "Another millenial", I thought you were including yourself in that statement. But, if you were late 90's, you mustn't have been. So, what did you mean?

Totally agree with your statement about music transcending time. I like good music regardless of when it is from. Be it from 200 years ago, or 10 years ago.

(Don't worry, Squirtle did her EX to one of the few songs from recent years that I do like! ;) :biggrin: )

CaroLiza_fan

Technically I'm a millennial also (b. 1982). I'm what you call an "Elder Millennial" :laugh: I like the whole "Xennial"/"Oregon Trail Generation" term for some of the late-Gen X/Early Millennial going around. :) You are also a millennial too, CaroLiza_fan. :)

A millennial is basically anyone born between about 1981 to 1999.

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

CaroLiza_fan

Yeah the past 10 years has been a bit...off music wise. Lots of what I call "Kitchen music" because it sounds like a bunch of people banging on pots and pans :laugh:

Technically I'm a millennial also (b. 1982). I'm what you call an "Elder Millennial" :laugh: I like the whole "Xennial"/"Oregon Trail Generation" term for some of the late-Gen X/Early Millennial going around. :) You are also a millennial too, CaroLiza_fan. :)

A millennial is basically anyone born between about 1981 to 1999.

Yeah that's what I thought, but then I wasn't sure so...

I remember when I found out I was actually a millennial rather than a Gen-Xer my mind was blown! :p My life had been a lie! ;)

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Technically I'm a millennial also (b. 1982). I'm what you call an "Elder Millennial" :laugh: I like the whole "Xennial"/"Oregon Trail Generation" term for some of the late-Gen X/Early Millennial going around. :)

Millennial are basically anyone born between about 1981 to 1999.

Ah. I always thought the term "Millennial" referred to people born since the Millennium. And that we were something else.

Ewww! I don't want to be a Millennial! It's a horrible word! :eek:

:laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

I remember when I found out I was actually a millennial rather than a Gen-Xer my mind was blown! :p My life had been a lie! ;)

My husband is a few years older, so he's an actual Gen-X, but it's surprising how well we relate to each other -- and we would both fit into the new bridge-Xennial generation they're talking about (approx 1977 to 1983).

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Yeah the past 10 years has been a bit...off music wise. Lots of what I call "Kitchen music" because it sounds like a bunch of people banging on pots and pans :laugh:

:laugh: So true!

And that is before you even get to rapping... :eek:

That is how I have been feeling for the past few minutes!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Anyway back to the gala....Matteo's EX, of course is a cover of "Come Together." LOL, he can't let go of his rock classics.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Matteo's Ex is really engaging! Although this Beatles song is so funny...like what does it mean?! Were they high when they wrote it? What is a walrus gumboot?! The questions are endless.

- - - Updated - - -

Tiffani and her dress and hair are the best! I love her!

Jonathan ain't too bad either! ;)

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oooh. Chris just said he and Nicky will be doing the commentary for Europeans.

It'll be good to hear Nicky's views again. I've missed him the past couple of years since he emigrated.

CaroLiza_fan

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oooh. Chris just said he and Nicky will be doing the commentary for Europeans.

It'll be good to hear Nicky's views again. I've missed him the past couple of years since he emigrated.

CaroLiza_fan

I can't keep the BESP Uncles straight! But where'd Nicky immigrate to?

Ooo Satoko's outfit is so sparklely! I'm intrigued by the cape/sheet thing too.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Matteo's Ex is really engaging! Although this Beatles song is so funny...like what does it mean?! Were they high when they wrote it? What is a walrus gumboot?! The questions are endless.

- - - Updated - - -

Tiffani and her dress and hair are the best! I love her!

Jonathan ain't too bad either! ;)

She doesn't do subtle, does she?

I just love them. I'm just sad that they are representing one of the big Federations rather than one of the many smaller Federations that they would have been eligible for. Because they would be great for popularising the sport in a country where it is not mainstream.

The media would love her and her sense of style!

CaroLiza_fan