2018-19 Junior Grand Prix Final Free Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Junior Grand Prix Final Free Dance

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Majorie and Zach bringing the drama like whoa! They look very mature and wouldn't be out of place with the seniors!

Zach sure is channelling his inner Scott M with the shirt :laugh:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
There looked to be a few bobbles from Zach (eg. end of one foot step) but really enjoyed the dynamics of their dance. Great projection and some nice crisp movements.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Zach is still the star here for me, but how they manage to evade triggering a dying on ice violation is frankly amazing.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Aww, they changed my favourite transition between the twizzles. But anyway, another strong performance. Hopefully enough for the podium.

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Zach is still the star here for me, but how they manage to evade triggering a dying on ice violation is frankly amazing.

I think as long as you don't actually sprawl on the ice with your entire body (See Torville and Dean at the end of Bolero) you're safe.

Metis

Record Breaker
His face in the lights and that half wave were adorable.

I think as long as you don't actually sprawl on the ice with your entire body (See Torville and Dean at the end of Bolero) you're safe.

Oh, I know, but they’re clearly violating the spirit of the rule while not violating the letter of it, and any loss of control would get them a fall deduction.

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
It's a great program.

Is it just me or does Zachary seem like a very intense person. Just the expression on his face sometimes! Marjorie is all smiles :)

lichi

sui holding a deep edge
On the Ice
A totally different vibe from the rest of the juniors in ID. Enough for a podium possibly?

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Oo they did get a -1.00 deduction though! I wonder what it was for?

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Marjorie and Zachary, wow, can... can everyone just share the gold medal please? :sad21:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Marjorie LAJOIE / Zachary LAGHA
Music: "Warsaw Concerto" by Richard Addinsell
Choreography by: R. Haguenauer, G. Cournoyer, M.F. Dubreuil
Costumes: Lovely dark green skirt and paler green sequined top for her. Black pants with midnight blue shirt with sheer side panels for him

Program Layout:

Right from the opening chords, this program screams BIG MUSIC! BIG DRAMA! YES IT'S A BIT OF A THROWBACK!
Stationary Lift - lovely position and to one foot for him. Nicely centered. Level 4, 1.15 goe And immediately into the
Chor. Character St Seq - The axis could be clearer--it does wander off to one side. 1.29 goe
Twizzles - with hop entrance. Nice steps between sets. Level 4 for both, 2.06 GOE
Dance Spin - with a nice tempo change within the spin (makes it more seamless). Lovely laybck from her. Level 4, 1.03 goe
NT St Seq - nice closeness and unison. Edges could be a bit deeper (they're young). Level 3 for her, 2 for him. 1.46 goe
Rotational Lift - with leap entrance. The entry could be a bit cleaner. Nicely gains speed after the position change. Level 4, 1.27 goe
ML St Seq - done almost entirely in killian holds. Level 3, 2.52 goe I'd like to see them do some more traditional holds here in the future, but that's me being picky.
Chor Slide - wonderfully musical and choreographic. Montreal does know how to use the slide effectively. 2.08 goe

There's a real maturity to this dance which is quite impressive. And a lovely musical choice. It's big music and they don't get overwhelmed by it. It also has some of the best choreography Montreal has put out this season. Hmmm...

Score: 98.26

anonymoose_au

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Marjorie and Zachary, wow, can... can everyone just share the gold medal please? :sad21:

:laugh: It's like that sometimes! I think it's kinda sad that the ISU don't allow ties...(except for that one time in Salt Lake), because a lot of the time the skaters really deserve it! (Although I guess 6 gold medals would be too much ;) )

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Come on Sofia and Igor!! If they can hold on to at least silver, I will be very proud :cheer:

jillredhand

Record Breaker
The Russian dance teams are playing chicken with each other big time this warmup. Like 12 near collisions already.

Metis

Record Breaker
It's a great program.

Is it just me or does Zachary seem like a very intense person. Just the expression on his face sometimes! Marjorie is all smiles :)

I know ID (and pairs) are all about the lady, with the man basically furniture, but I’d like to see a team in which the man is the star and the lady is just there for support (including physical). Or same-sex pairs allowed. Sigh.