2018-19 Junior Grand Prix Final Free Dance | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Junior Grand Prix Final Free Dance

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
They did the exact same thing at both their JGP events, so it would be strange to get that now.

My go-to for ice dance deductions is extended lift.

Probably an extended lift. I see a -1.0 deduction in ID, and I assume lift before anything else.

Ah yes, good point! Our Aussie ice dancers are always getting -1.00 deductions...takes them a while to get into and out of the lifts so they always seem to go over time. It's a shame because sometimes they get pretty cool position!

Stupid question...but in the free dance do the choreographers use rhythm dance patterns in some of the step sequences (waltz, tango etc) or do they just make up new stuff?

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
The Russian dance teams are playing chicken with each other big time this warmup. Like 12 near collisions already.

In Russia, right of way is “I am right and you are in the way.”

Metis

Record Breaker
I love them and I will always think of their FD as the fanfic ending to Brezina’s FS and Nathan’s SP from last season having a few too many drinks together.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
In this final group all 3 men have terrible costumes... Uhhh

Aww I dunno, I'm finding Nikita's rolled up jacket rather stylish myself (but then be warned, I'm a fan of polkadots, my fashion taste cannot be trusted! ;) )

Metis

Record Breaker
They have nice tension in the Nemsis portion. Needs a bit more precision, but I like it.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Ooh, drama. K/N were 0.04 behind L/L after the rhythm dance. When the TES box vanished they were over 0.5 behind in TES. Will PCS make up the difference?

Metis

Record Breaker
Aww I dunno, I'm finding Nikita's rolled up jacket rather stylish myself (but then be warned, I'm a fan of polkadots, my fashion taste cannot be trusted! ;) )

I agree with you on both statements! Thank God Nikita is 20, or I’d go to thoughtcrime jail for thinking he’s quite handsome.

malya

On the Ice

It looks so ill-fitted (does that word exist? :D) and really distracted me from the skating.

But they showed nice character in the dance :)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Elizaveta KHUDAIBERDIEVA / Nikita NAZAROV
Music: "Human" (Acoustic) by Rag'n'Bone Man; "Human" by Rag'n'Bone Man; "Nemesis" by Benjamin Clementine
Choreography by: Nikolai Nikonov
Costumes: black dress, cutouts with side bling for her; white shirt with black pants, black tie and grey jacket for him

Program Layout:

Stationary Lift - with leap entry done in a static position. It does make it much more difficult, but it also does make it look more cumbersome. YMMV. Level 4, .97goe
SL lift - done on one knee. Level 4, .55 goe.. It was slow and cautious.
Twizzles - with hop entry in circular pattern. Distance problem 2nd set. Level 4 for both, 1.58 goe
Tempo change
Circ Step Seq - Level 3, 2.62 goe Twizzle out.
Tempo change
Dance Spin - Very slow with awkward changes of position and it was slow. Level 4, .98 goe
NT Step Seq - better face from her--very "playing to the parking lot." Good spacing and unison. Level 3 for her, 2 for him. 2.04 goe
Choreo Char Ste Seq - 2.32 goe
Choreo Lift - 2.16 goe

Listen, technically this team is solid. But I was emotionally disengaged throughout the performance. They are young and they skate young. Her smile throughout most of the beginning of the performance irked me: "don't put the blame on me" is not something to smile about, no? And it makes that explosion of anger at the very end look like it comes out of nowhere and is put on. Left me cold and unconvinced. Both too little and too much.

Well they're young.

Score: 98.25

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Elizaveta and Nikita, the program was darkish, but the future of ice dance is very, very bright with this batch of juniors!