2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Unfortunately I think Medvedeva is the odd one out here. Can't really see her making GPF next season unless she is super clean and consistent AND ups her game a bit. Somehow I don't think that will happen. The Japanese girls just had a minor setback at worlds and they will come back strong next season I think. And we can't forget Tennell and Bell, they will be very hungry next season.
I also suspect that not all of the 3A will have a successful season next year. Looking at the SB list they are not that impressive and they really need to work on their PCS.

The 3A are Juniors. Juniors always get low PCs, this has always been like that. Compared to the years before the 3A actually got extremly high PCs during their JGP seasons. You cannot compare junior scores to senior scores, there is no connection between those two scores. Also juniors have one element less in their FS than seniors, thus their scores are also lowered.

LRK

Record Breaker
I think some of who makes the GPF will depend upon the luck of the draw - who goes up against who. All that is certain about Russian ladies is that Alina and Evgenia won't have to go up against each other. Aside from that, it's anyone's guess.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
https://youtu.be/Kez9pN7R7Lc?t=611
Tarakanova moved from Plushenko to Panova :rolleye:

If this is true (which it looks like it is from the video), I think it might be a good thing. Plushenko has a lot of obligations in shows and things, and Panova did a great job packaging Sinitsina and Kanysheva last season. This change might be for the best. Panova also has to be glad to have her back, having just lost Kanysheva.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
The 3A are Juniors. Juniors always get low PCs, this has always been like that. Compared to the years before the 3A actually got extremly high PCs during their JGP seasons. You cannot compare junior scores to senior scores, there is no connection between those two scores. Also juniors have one element less in their FS than seniors, thus their scores are also lowered.

Exactly. Plus, a lot of the scores that are above the 3A are from WTT. And yes, there were good performances there, but WTT is known for massive inflation. No offense to Bradie Tennell, but put against a clean Kostornaia, Trusova, or Shcherabkova (or almost clean in the cases of the quad girls) in seniors, she would not win.

SkateSkates

Medalist
Exactly. Plus, a lot of the scores that are above the 3A are from WTT. And yes, there were good performances there, but WTT is known for massive inflation. No offense to Bradie Tennell, but put against a clean Kostornaia, Trusova, or Shcherabkova (or almost clean in the cases of the quad girls) in seniors, she would not win.

Not to mention, the choreo sequence is basically an automatic 4.5 points at least based on the high GOE factoring for that element

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
https://youtu.be/Kez9pN7R7Lc?t=611
Tarakanova moved from Plushenko to Panova :rolleye:

It sucks it ended up so early cause i feel Plushenko and Tarakanova were speaking the same language artistically, this could have been the big skater coming from that group.

But if she had to change, at least she went to a competitive group and she has been there before, so the transition will be smooth, and Panova gets two top skater in juniors again.

I liked the SP she had 2-3 years ago when she was there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0YzLQ_VltM

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Not to mention, the choreo sequence is basically an automatic 4.5 points at least based on the high GOE factoring for that element

Which is crazy really, considering that it hasn't been much choreo in those sequences this season. ISU wanted to boost choreography, I get it, but has anyone really delivered??

Amei

Record Breaker
Unfortunately I think Medvedeva is the odd one out here. Can't really see her making GPF next season unless she is super clean and consistent AND ups her game a bit. Somehow I don't think that will happen. The Japanese girls just had a minor setback at worlds and they will come back strong next season I think. And we can't forget Tennell and Bell, they will be very hungry next season.
I also suspect that not all of the 3A will have a successful season next year. Looking at the SB list they are not that impressive and they really need to work on their PCS.

It's not really fair to compare Jr and Sr scores; if the 3A skate like they have in the 18-19 season their PCS is going to skyrocket.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
3A will have a great season i think, but i'm worried at Russian Nationals they'll drop one out because coaches will be very envy about Eteri's potential second podium sweep.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
3A will have a great season i think, but i'm worried at Russian Nationals they'll drop one out because coaches will be very envy about Eteri's potential second podium sweep.

I mean, Eteri will potentially have 5 girls at senior nats next year (Zagitova, 3A + Kanysheva). Its not like they can just zap three of them away, especially if they continue to perform well.

Sugar Coated

Final Flight
Yes selective blindness is an issue and hard to debate. But it is frustrating. None of us wants any skaters to be suffering. But it is a strict sport for weight. Yuzu a GOAT still weighs himself after he wakes up. The commitment to stay as light as possible is real and unavoidable for all skaters in all coaching camps..
An adult weighing himself every day is not the same as teenage girls talking about only eating chocolate and sips of water.

Amei

Record Breaker
An adult weighing himself every day is not the same as teenage girls talking about only eating chocolate and sips of water.

I'm absolutely positive that Yuzuru didn't start weighing himself every day until he turned 18 because before then its creepy and makes people uncomfortable about how a person is possibly maintaining their slim figure....Note I'm being sarcastic :biggrin:

2 things:
1) Team Russia needs to watch Fight Club with Brad Pitt and pay attention to the line about "The first rule of fight club is we don't talk about fight club"
2) Can we get a dedicated thread for discussing interviews of the eating habits of figure skaters and then ban it from all other threads so that people that want to have the discussion can and those that don't in turn can ignore that thread?

Scott512

Record Breaker

It doesn't have to be the same. He knows he has to stay on top of his weight or I will throw things off same with the girls. Things happen differently to every skater but all of them are consumed with their weight and not even going up an ounce or 2. Depending on the skater that may lead to other issues down the road like what's happened to Gabby and Gracie who have the most serious life issues of any skater in recent years and they don't exactly come from EGS group. If they did come from EGs group all hell would break loose.

It's going to be an amazing offseason so much to discuss and debate.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Is this 100% confirmed?

I'm bummed out now :(

I haven't seen anyone confirm it but AOP hasn't posted for her bday and you would think they would considering how much they post. And why else would she be with everyone from Panova's camp? Interesting considering they just posted about getting her new programs ready a week ago...

Grin

Medalist
Is this 100% confirmed?

I'm bummed out now :(
I admire Plushenko as a skater. But as a coach he didn't help Tarakanova. As for me, she regressed since she was under Eteri.
I wish he could go with Nastya to a competition at least once in a season. It looked as if he couldn't care less about her.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I admire Plushenko as a skater. But as a coach he didn't help Tarakanova. As for me, she regressed since she was under Eteri.
I wish he could go with Nastya to a competition at least once in a season. It looked as if he couldn't care less about her.

Everyone who leaves Eteri gets worse not better as a figure skater. As they used to say in the old days so the proof is in the pudding.

As for The Great Evgeni Plushenko he's got so much going on maybe he's not the right coach for a talented young skater like Anastasia T who needs guidance and instruction daily. Did Plushenko help Adelina at all or did he just put her in Ice shows so she can make some real money as a former Olympic champion?