2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
I really think Anna Pogorilaya will give us a big surprise next season. She can use the comeback ticket for GPs is she wants since she was the world bronze medalist.
She along with Liza can show the world that Russia also has many female skaters who have longevity.
Have you seen Pogo lately? ;) She is so very married and domesticated!

Fluture

Record Breaker
Month ago, in tv-show "Fetisov" one journalist adviced Russian fs ladies to prepare for a new life/job after the skating and Anna immediately replied: "please help us!". It sounded pretty clear to me she's finished with the sport.

https://tvzvezda.ru/schedule/programs/content/201605251339-mua8.htm/201903101202-1i32.htm

Hm, I suspected that but it‘s pretty sad anyway. I really liked her as a skater, she had personality. Nevertheless, if she is happy right now, that‘s great for her. There are other things to life than skating after all and it seems like she has found them. She has achieved a lot in this sport and should only come back if she really wants to but if that‘s not the case, it‘s okay too. Even though I have to admit I will miss her.

There‘s no official statement from her yet, though, or is there? And what about Elena Radionova? She was always so passionate, I feel like if she finds motivation and is healthy, she could very well skate a few more years. And there‘s still Adelina Sotnikova, who I believe still hasn‘t announced her retirement? If anyone would be at least a bit likely to come back, it would be Elena, though. Could she use the “comeback skater rule“ next season?

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
Hm, I suspected that but it‘s pretty sad anyway. I really liked her as a skater, she had personality. Nevertheless, if she is happy right now, that‘s great for her. There are other things to life than skating after all and it seems like she has found them. She has achieved a lot in this sport and should only come back if she really wants to but if that‘s not the case, it‘s okay too. Even though I have to admit I will miss her.

There‘s no official statement from her yet, though, or is there? And what about Elena Radionova? She was always so passionate, I feel like if she finds motivation and is healthy, she could very well skate a few more years. And there‘s still Adelina Sotnikova, who I believe still hasn‘t announced her retirement? If anyone would be at least a bit likely to come back, it would be Elena, though. Could she use the “comeback skater rule“ next season?
I think Elenas biggest problem is motivation. Even in her recent interview, she said that she is such a person that doesn't work all the time but if she has a goal, she will move mountains to achieve it. So if she actually gets this motivation, she could make a splash next season

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker

In one of her recent interviews Adelina confessed that she still doesn't know if she wants to return to competitive skating, or leave it for good. She realises that the current tech level is very high, and also that she has found her true vocation, to be a coach, because she loves to work with children. (her complete interview is here: https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1073162745.html)

:eeking::eeking: Amazing! Anya's 4Lutz, when landed is gorgeous! I bet Anya, Sasha, Alina, Alyona and Lil'Bet, will be working hard this off-season, and this is just the beginning of what we'll see. It just makes me more excited for next season! :biggrin:

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Yay to Guliakova!!!!! Love her, she’s fantastic! I wish she could get a GP next season. Where is she on the season’s best list?

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Yay to Guliakova!!!!! Love her, she’s fantastic! I wish she could get a GP next season. Where is she on the season’s best list?

I hope so considering she was very good at domestic competitions all season and finished in the top 10 at Russian Nationals, unfortunately bombed a couple of international events, but she won two of those so that has to mean something.

The thing is, if they consider SB for international competitions only, Guliakova could not make it, but then Sakhanovich would be above Gubanova and Tarusina, so watchout how RusFed will suddenly change the rules to allow the new top CSKA skaters to have their spots, if that is the case (reputation is the only rule that matters) i can see Mishin getting a spot for Guliakova.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
I hope so considering she was very good at domestic competitions all season and finished in the top 10 at Russian Nationals, unfortunately bombed a couple of international events, but she won two of those so that has to mean something.

The thing is, if they consider SB for international competitions only, Guliakova could not make it, but then Sakhanovich would be above Gubanova and Tarusina, so watchout how RusFed will suddenly change the rules to allow the new top CSKA skaters to have their spots, if that is the case (reputation is the only rule that matters) i can see Mishin getting a spot for Guliakova.

To be honest, I don't see it happening for Guliakova. Even Tarusina, Gubanova and especially Sakhanovich, who are all above Guliakova on the SB list and are in the top 24 are in danger of not being submitted. The Russian federation already has too many girls "guaranteed" GP spots that I just don't see them getting anyone a spot who is not guaranteed one. Even Tarakanova, who is slightly above Guliakova on the SB list and made the JGPF isn't going to get one, so I don't see how Guliakova is, especially considering she isn't CSKA. It is a real shame though, considering that all of the girls discussed would most likely get GP assignments if they were from literally any other country.

Maju

On the Ice
Is it possible to see an all Russian GPF?
Good question. It’s definitely not impossible but I reckon Rika will definitely get there, perhaps along with Elizabet.. My predictions
would be Rika, Sasha, Anna, Zhenya, Liza, and Alina, but anything could happen.

Alextrusova

Rinkside
Good question. It’s definitely not impossible but I reckon Rika will definitely get there, perhaps along with Elizabet.. My predictions
would be Rika, Sasha, Anna, Zhenya, Liza, and Alina, but anything could happen.

I imagine a final of Medvedeva, Zagitova, Scherbakova, Trusova, Kostornaia & Tursynbaeva that seems possible.

Maju

On the Ice
I imagine a final of Medvedeva, Zagitova, Scherbakova, Trusova, Kostornaia & Tursynbaeva that seems possible.
That could definitely happen. I’m hoping Alena’s injury doesn’t hold her back. It’ll be so exciting to see what happens. I’m eagerly awaiting the season already!!

Scott512

Record Breaker
Neither did I, but this selective blindness stops any serious conversation on this topic at the very beginning. How can people expect to be taken seriously, when their main motto is:

If good result happens in Sambo (which is like nearly allt hetime :) ), it is always despite training methods or despite the choreography (e. g. jumping technique from previous coach) while for everything bad we have always a person to blame.

vs.

If anything bad happens to anyone from XY team, it is just bad luck because the team is never wrong, awhile nd everything good is the team to celebrate.

And literally everything what they write is submitted to this main holy sacred thousand years old truth. Whatever happens, whatever skater is injured, have eating disorder, whatever statistics will say, we will always hear the same people say that "with A there is indeed a problematic attitude towards food while B is nuturing, caring environment."

Yes selective blindness is an issue and hard to debate. But it is frustrating. None of us wants any skaters to be suffering. But it is a strict sport for weight. Yuzu a GOAT still weighs himself after he wakes up. The commitment to stay as light as possible is real and unavoidable for all skaters in all coaching camps..

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden

Unfortunately I think Medvedeva is the odd one out here. Can't really see her making GPF next season unless she is super clean and consistent AND ups her game a bit. Somehow I don't think that will happen. The Japanese girls just had a minor setback at worlds and they will come back strong next season I think. And we can't forget Tennell and Bell, they will be very hungry next season.
I also suspect that not all of the 3A will have a successful season next year. Looking at the SB list they are not that impressive and they really need to work on their PCS.