2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 75 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
It‘ on the mods to decide what can be discussed when and where, not on your personal preferences.
The sad thing is I see more alina mentions in here than of any other Russian lady, again this is the russian lady thread and not Alinas ff. There are so many other ladies in Russia that are worth speaking of in here besides alina. I thought the fanfest for the skaters personally were for such questions if it pertains directly to a skaters, I mean do you see zhenya fans in her for example asking for a translation? No we ask such question in her f2f. Cause it pertains to her. Or for any other skater for example Liza t? Is anyone asking for translation pertaining to soemthing she may have posted? No because I think that's is what those personal ff are for . For skaters are for. Again not an attack on anyone but this is my honest opinion.yes the poster didn't want to do anything bad with it but how fast can that turn into a discussion like before?

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
The sad thing is I see more alina mentions in here than of any other Russian lady

Maybe it's because it is Alina and not "any other russian lady" who won all the important competitions possible, which may be sad thing to some but not to many.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Maybe it's because it is Alina and not "any other russian lady" who won all the important competitions possible, which may be sad thing to some but not to many.
Yes but there are still other skater out there that would be nice to hear about. You know what I mean? Soem in here try to bring them up but those post are mostly forgotten when alina is mentioned again. I do have nothing against alina but I would be glad to hear a bit more about other skaters too. And I also mean other skaters that could be interesting besides eteris student . Like with skaters besides eteris would be interesting to watch this upcoming season be it senior or junior or beyond that?

PekkaRink

Rinkside
The sad thing is I see more alina mentions in here than of any other Russian lady, again this is the russian lady thread and not Alinas ff. There are so many other ladies in Russia that are worth speaking of in here besides alina. I thought the fanfest for the skaters personally were for such questions if it pertains directly to a skaters, I mean do you see zhenya fans in her for example asking for a translation? No we ask such question in her f2f. Cause it pertains to her. Or for any other skater for example Liza t? Is anyone asking for translation pertaining to soemthing she may have posted? No because I think that's is what those personal ff are for . For skaters are for. Again not an attack on anyone but this is my honest opinion.yes the poster didn't want to do anything bad with it but how fast can that turn into a discussion like before?

I agree, it could have turned into a discussion again. I thought however that your remark added to this possibility, as the question was asked and answered and that might have been it.

About asking for translations in general, I don’t see that happen here a lot in general, not for any skaters. Are you sure this happened several times regarding Alina‘s social media posts?

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
I agree, it could have turned into a discussion again. I thought however that your remark added to this possibility, as the question was asked and answered and that might have been it.

About asking for translations in general, I don’t see that happen here a lot in general, not for any skaters. Are you sure this happened several times regarding Alina‘s social media posts?
I and mabye others also thought the poster which posted the translation was mabye asking the same thing. And I meant that I just think that questions about translating things like this are mabye better asked in the fanfest of this person. I just gave examples that i think that i don't see any other asking for translation of soemthing pertaining to a skater personally in here or at least not when it comes to instagramm stories of skaters.Cause I know since I am in zhenyas ff that we ask such question in the fanfest itself. That's why we do not need or would ask in here. And I thoughtbtaht would go for other fanfests as well.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In any event, in any country, in any discipline, I would love to hear about all the competitors. I’m really not as concerned about champions, and I think that probably applies to more than just me.

I do not follow only one coach, only one skater, only one skating club. Heck I don’t even follow just one country:laugh:

And the Russian ladies are such a talented group that they are far more than one skater, more than one coach, and more than one skating club.

I think most people would like to hear news about all the Russian Ladies’ skaters, including, but not limited to, their own favorites.

I hope that happens:thumbsup:

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
In any event, in any country, in any discipline, I would love to hear about all the competitors. I’m really not as concerned about champions, and I think that probably applies to more than just me.

I do not follow only one coach, only one skater, only one skating club. Heck I don’t even follow just one country[emoji23]

And the Russian ladies are such a talented group that they are far more than one skater, more than one coach, and more than one skating club.

I think most people would like to hear news about all the Russian Ladies’ skaters, including, but not limited to, their own favorites.

I hope that happens[emoji106]
I would just like to see a little more balance in here between the skaters that are mentioned or discussed.no I do not hate alina or eteri, but I do think there are stil other skater in russia.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany

And as I wrote the poster in a message. Mabye I overreacted a bit but my nerves are still raw from the last discussion and I neither wanted or needed another one

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Apparently, posting about Alina here is only "excessive" if the posting is positive towards her.

I didn't see so much concern about excessive posting when....

There were numerous posts "wondering" if she would retire because "she hates competing", or "looks panicked all the time".
Or because of "injuries" (when there was no indication anywhere that she had/has a career threateing injury)

Or sarcastic posts "wondering" why Selena Gomez is no longer Alina's favorite singer.
All because she is not skating an exhibition to a Selena Gomez song.
That is certainly a logical fallacy.

Note - the topics of possible retirement and exhibition programs are certainly fine for discussion.
I don't think anybody ever said they weren't.

But I don't think it takes a Mensa candidate to realize that some of these posts were done with, lets say, not the best intentions.
And I think other people probably feel the same.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Apparently, posting about Alina here is only "excessive" if the posting is positive towards her.

I didn't see so much concern about excessive posting when....

There were numerous posts "wondering" if she would retire because "she hates competing", or "looks panicked all the time".
Or because of "injuries" (when there was no indication anywhere that she had/has a career threateing injury)

Or sarcastic posts "wondering" why Selena Gomez is no longer Alina's favorite singer.
All because she is not skating an exhibition to a Selena Gomez song.
That is certainly a logical fallacy.

Note - the topics of possible retirement and exhibition programs are certainly fine for discussion.
I don't think anybody ever said they weren't.

But I don't think it takes a Mensa candidate to realize that some of these posts were done with, lets say, not the best intentions.
And I think other people probably feel the same.
In me saying I would like to hear more about other and not only about alina was also included that I do not want to read the question will she retire a 100times either, if she retires it is her decision and I think she could do much beyond skating too , and if she doesn't retire its also her choice that is at least my opinion on that matter. I don't really care about that which may also be because while she is yes a great skater sheis not and I think never will be my favorite. I also could care less if she likes selena Gomez or not.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
The sad thing is I see more alina mentions in here than of any other Russian lady, again this is the russian lady thread and not Alinas ff. There are so many other ladies in Russia that are worth speaking of in here besides alina.

I would just like to see a little more balance in here between the skaters that are mentioned or discussed.no I do not hate alina or eteri, but I do think there are stil other skater in russia.

you can discuss whoever you want. Why tell others not to talk about a particular skater?
If you want to talk about Zhenya or other skaters you like, go for it!
It is completely up to you to create that balance you're striving for! And you'll no longer be sad!
If you think other skaters deserve that attention, well you are free to talk about what they've been up to!
It would be much more productive from your side, than whatever you are doing right now.
why discourage people from talking about another skater, you personally dislike?
A person asked a question, there's no reason to get salty about "why is it about Alina?!"

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
you can discuss whoever you want. Why tell others not to talk about a particular skater?
It is completely up to you to create that balance you're striving for!
If you think other skaters deserve that attention, well you are free to talk about what they've been up to!
It would be much more productive from your side, than whatever you are doing right now.
why discourage people from talking about another skater, you personally dislike?
A person asked a question, there's no reason to get salty about "why is it about Alina?!"
How many times must I say it in here I do not hate or even dislike alina. For God's sake please read before turning my words around.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
How many times must I say it in here I do not hate or even dislike alina. For God's sake please read before turning my words around.

that wasn't the point, you get that, right? okay, "a skater that will never be your favorite" :)
If you want the balance, then create it! Talk about other skaters, instead of being petty towards others :)

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
It is completely up to you to create that balance you're striving for! And you'll no longer be sad!
The thing is I do not even dare to mention zhenya in here as I still vividly remember the discussions I had in here, and I do not have the nerves for that . As I said before in my opinion this thread was at least last season a bit to anti zhenya for me to try to mention her in here again. Mabye it is not your opinion but that is mine. the thing is since we do not talk about other skater that often I do not even know that many Russian skater, but I would like to know more . So anyone knows who goes senior from the other trainers besides eteri? Because I do not . Who goes into junior this year?

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
that wasn't the point, you get that, right? okay, "a skater that will never be your favorite" :)
If you want the balance, then create it! Talk about other skaters, instead of being petty towards others :)
Yep she will never be my favorite but I also do not dislike her. My faves at the moment are zhenya, alena, Anna, and I rather liked Sonja last season. Just because one skater isn't my favorite does not mean I hate or dislike her

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
She trains with Eteri
Ok thanks, did she train somewhere else before that? I somehow was always confused cause I think I read she was once part of the snow leopard but then I saw fotos of her in what looks a trainingsroom at Crystal. That's why I was always asking myself where she trains.